Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,206 members, 7,880,761 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3863590 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (3873) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
The Death of Superman

Too moral like Jesus Christ, kilode? undecided

He died for the world and rose again just like Jesus did....and the part his photo friend was reciting the Hail Mary really touched my soul smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Continue spoiling, you hear?

It's not funny

Abeg, for goodness' sakes, where did I spoil the movie here? Is it by rating it 10.5/10 OR where I'd said I won't be happy if the old blind man died OR where I said 'awesome' ? Where is the spoilers? Cos I can't see any in my post.
Ishilove! Ishilove!! Ishilove!!! Take time oh.

If I want to spoil, I would analyze the whole movie scatter! And I will gist the wholeel movie here

So, calm down for Jesus. Don't push me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
newjosboy:

Abeg, for goodness' sakes, where did I spoil the movie here? Is it by rating it 10.5/10 OR where I'd said I won't be happy if the old blind man died OR where I said 'awesome' ? Where is the spoilers? Cos I can't see any in my post.
Ishilove! Ishilove!! Ishilove!!! Take time oh.

If I want to spoil, I would analyze the whole movie scatter! And I will gist the wholeel movie here

So, calm down for Jesus. Don't push me.
Thanks to you, people that have not watched it before will know from the very beginning that the Old Man did not die, so they will watch it with that foreknowledge at the back of their minds.

Even with the mindfucking twists and turns, they already FVCKING KNOW THAT THE OLD MAN DID NOT FVCKING DIE!!!!! No surprises there.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
xynerise:
The Death of Superman

Too moral like Jesus Christ, kilode? undecided

He died for the world and rose again just like Jesus did....and the part his photo friend was reciting the Hail Mary really touched my soul smiley
Is this live action?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Breadwinner

It has such a promising premise, but the plot failed to knock my socks off. It just didn't pack much of an emotional punch as advertised. I don't know what certain people gleaned in this animation a la the rave reviews, but I gotta say, je n'etais pas impressionne, I wasn't impressed, at all. However, I will say it's a good movie to show your KIDS. A positive message from the real world. Overall, nice try but no cigar.

- Premise: 7/10
- Plot: 5/10
- Effects: 4/10
- Acting: 5/10
- Dialogue: 4/10
- Soundtracks: 5/10
- Writing: 5/10
- Casting: 5/10

Overall Score: 5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Alright alright alright. This latest MCU installment may not be as robust as other MCU marquee offerings, but it's got two things going for it: zippy energy and unconventional humor. The movie is disjointed and cluttered in parts, but it's also very entertaining, exciting and funny. It's not memorable, but a worthy palate cleanser (esp) after the much weightier Infinity Wars. Overall, it's a little step-up from the first "Ant-Man".

- Plot: 7/10
- Visuals: 7/10
- Effects: 8/10
- Acting: 8/10
- Writing: 8/10
- Dialogue: 8/10
- Costume: 7/10
- Soundtracks: 7/10

Overall Score: 7.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
I'm happy that Antman in Antman 2 started a security business and got his life back together. They also save Pimm's wife

Ishilove will like Antman 2. It is funny and there is family love.

The main villain (a lady) phases in and out of the quantum spectrum
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Alright alright alright. This latest MCU installment may not be as robust as other MCU marquee offerings, but it's got two things going for it: zippy energy and unconventional humor. The movie is disjointed and cluttered in parts, but it's also very entertaining, exciting and funny. It's not memorable, but a worthy palate cleanser (esp) after the much weightier Infinity Wars. Overall, it's a little step-up from the first "Ant-Man".

- Plot: 7/10
- Visuals: 7/10
- Effects: 8/10
- Acting: 8/10
- Writing: 8/10
- Dialogue: 8/10
- Costume: 7/10
- Soundtracks: 7/10

Overall Score: 7.5/10

7/10 for such a plot filled with great plotholes?

If Pimm's wife was in the quantum realm for 30 years, she should have gone mad or she would have become something less human.

It was established in the first movie that you lose your mind in the quantum realm if you stay just a short period. Even Pimm's himself lost his mind few minutes into the quantum realm when he went.

Secondly, how did the male villain even get to believe that he could stand a chance against the wasp or the ghost in stealing Pimm's lab or equipment after seeing them fight?

Or how Antman still had some strength after growing big, when it was established that he gets tired and sleeps for 3 days when he reduces?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
Please ooooo, when is Infinity War going to come to us naaa. Tired of waiting angry angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
olu4life:
Please ooooo, when is Infinity War going to come to us naaa. Tired of waiting angry angry angry

I can spoil it if you want. Do you need spoilers?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

Stop posting spoilers. Spare those that haven't watched it naa. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Is this live action?

Straight up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

I can spoil it if you want. Do you need spoilers?
Watched in the cinema tey tey grin cool
Just wanna rewatch
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Stop posting spoilers. Give those that haven't watched it yet the chance to do so and form their own independent independent opinion. angry

Bros, I'm sorry. It is not my fault. Blame ishilove
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:
I'm happy that Antman in Antman 2 started a security business and got his life back together. They also save Pimm's wife

Ishilove will like Antman 2. It is funny and there is family love.

The main villain (a lady) phases in and out of the quantum spectrum
Marvel?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Also reduce your score for the plot. Thanks grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Marvel?

Marvellous undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

It's obviously not an intelligent flick. Don't overthink it. It's what it is: an enjoyable goofy respite from the MCU darker heavyweights.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Breadwinner

It has such a promising premise, but the plot failed to knock my socks off. It just didn't pack much of an emotional punch as advertised. I don't know what certain people gleaned in this animation a la the rave reviews, but I gotta say, je n'etais pas impressionne, I wasn't impressed, at all. However, I will say it's a good movie to show your KIDS. A positive message from the real world. Overall, nice try but no cigar.

- Premise: 7/10
- Plot: 5/10
- Effects: 4/10
- Acting: 5/10
- Dialogue: 4/10
- Soundtracks: 5/10
- Writing: 5/10
- Casting: 5/10

Overall Score: 5/10
Philistine grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

Marvellous undecided

I mean is it MCU?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
olu4life:
Don't be tired. I'm still very patiently waiting cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:
Philistine grin
What a weird way of spelling "Sophisticated". tongue cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

He has a history with Ishilove, so he's purposely spoiling the movie to rile her up. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

Also reduce your score for the plot. Thanks grin grin

Tastes are not objective, bro. Another man's meat is another man's poison. It will do you well to respect other people's opinions... and stop your trolling, you're bad at it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
Beorn:

He has a history with Ishilove, so he's purposely spoiling the movie to rile her up. grin
Figured as much. I like how Ishilove is giving him the silent treatment. Never feed the trolls.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

I mean is it MCU?

Yes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Tastes are not objective, bro. Another man's meat is another man's poison. It will do you well to respect other people's opinions... and stop your trolling, you're bad at it.

Lol. When the main plot is full of holes, the plot is objectively weak.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
Beorn:

I'm not even sufficiently interested in Antman to even be bothered. I guess I'm tired of all these Super hero movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Figured as much. I like how Ishilove is giving him the silent treatment. Never feed the trolls.
Oh it took me years of mudwrestling to figure this out grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I question your intelligence.

First you rate the plot of Antman very high.
Then you claim that ishilove is giving me the silent treatment- the same ishilove that has replied me twice?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

What a weird way of spelling "Sophisticated". tongue cheesy
You can't be blamed for your lack of emotional connection. Buhari has made Nigerians hardened cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (3873) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.