Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,317 members, 7,887,972 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3876805 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ocean's 8
-10/10 angry
I would have cried if I used my hard earned money to watch this piece of shít at the cinema.
I never for once liked Sandra bullock, and she didn't disappoint me again.

Note:
This is my own rating, I am not entitle to please anybody if your opinion differs. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
Baby Driver 2017......7/10......hilarious thou
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
Damfostopper:
lol conversation conversation all through
this is what happens when an adult watches movie with mind of an 8 year old. But then its your opinion sha

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Upgrade 7.5/10.

Another brilliant product of sci-fi genre. Fantastic story line with a shocking ending. Still peeved about the victory of the antagonist.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
IKON360:

this is what happens when an adult watches movie with mind of an 8 year old. But then its your opinion sha
lol my choice then

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Meel: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Beorn:
Upgrade 7.5/10.

Another brilliant product of sci-fi genre. Fantastic story line with a shocking ending. Still peeved about the victory of the antagonist.
I formerly predicted the end , but the way they later twisted it was marvelous.

Upgrade 7.8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
zzzzy:
what intrigues me the most is that it had a budget of about $5m yet much quality

Amazing isn't it? Normally, with that sort of budget, an average fan would have expected a very linear revenge-driven storytelling that involves a lot of gore, but instead, we got something that evolved into so much more.

I felt like very aspect of it was remarkable: the plot, the acting, the twist, pacing, score, action and violence. Truly remarkable. The ending was absolutely amazing, just like one of those Black Mirror -ish ones. If John Wick, Ex-Machina, and the tv show, Black Mirror had a baby, Upgrade is that baby.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Beorn:
Upgrade 7.5/10.

I loved the way this movie wrapped up. Wasn’t something just for the shock value or cheap gimmick, but it actually tied everything together nicely, and felt like it was woven in perfectly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
The Kissing Booth.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
Damfostopper:
lol my choice then

Wow. Man, I wish I have your temperament. If someone had called me a dimwit without provocation, I certainly wouldn't have let them off that easily. Props to you, man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Wow. Man, I wish I have your temperament. If someone had called me a dimwit without provocation, I certainly wouldn't have let them off that easily. Props to you, man.
lol probably in a good mood today.... live and let's live

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I loved the way this movie wrapped up. Wasn’t something just for the shock value or cheap gimmick, but it actually tied everything together nicely, and felt like it was woven in perfectly.

Even though I was peeved, I equally loved the way the movie ended. A typical Nollywood director would've found a way to give it a fairytale ending despite the twist at the ending.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
Meel:
I formerly predicted the end , but the way they later twisted it was marvelous.

Upgrade 7.8/10

The shocking twist at the end was the magnum opus of the movie. The whole build-up reached its crescendo with that shocking twist. fantastic plot.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
Beorn:

Even though I was peeved, I equally loved the way the movie ended. A typical Nollywood director would've found a way to give it a fairytale ending despite the twist at the ending.

Noll.. what? We're talking serious business, and you're bringing up braindead movie directors in the conversation. How dare you?! angry

Jokes apart, I agree. This is the kind of creativity needed in some of the mediocre Nollywood productions we call films. And speaking of of mediocre, this kind of fun and creativity should be put into mediocre Hollywood blockbusters (looking at you, Dwayne Johnson) with overbloated budget. If something with a low budget can be this good, what's their frigging excuse?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Damfostopper:
lol probably in a good mood today.... live and let's live

You have the right mentality, bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
sod09:
Ocean's 8
-10/10 angry
I would have cried if I used my hard earned money to watch this piece of shít at the cinema.

Note:
This is my own rating, I am not entitle to please anybody if your opinion differs. Thanks

I hate the movie too, but unlike you, I wasn't that fortunate. That's a 2.5k I will never get back.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Noll.. what? We're talking serious business, and you're bringing up braindead movie directors in the conversation. How dare you?! angry

Jokes apart, I agree. This is the kind of creativity needed in some of the mediocre Nollywood productions we call films. And speaking of of mediocre, this kind of fun and creativity should be put into mediocre Hollywood blockbusters (looking at you, Dwayne Johnson) with overbloated budget. If something with a low budget can be this good, what's their frigging excuse?

This table you're shaking also has a certain Tyler Perry on it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

You need to see the ending of Acrimony to understand why the ending of that movie ruined it. The director of Upgrade could've ruined it with a predictable ending. Kudos to him for his ingenuity.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I hate the movie too, but unlike you, I wasn't that fortunate. That's a 2.5k I will never get back.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

After now someborri will now say I should go to cinema to watch feem. Lailai cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I couldn't figure out the wow factor in the movie,it's topping the worst movie I watched this year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hereditary - 6.5/10
But way too hyped. Didn't get that Jump Scare undecided Its a cool horror though.

Ocean's 8 - 7/10 for me. Watched in the cinema months back. Even though I was forced to watch it. Was worth my money.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iykekelvins(m): 11:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Guys so it's holiday very soon and I need some awesome movies to watch while at home.

Sci-fi, comedy, horror n action are my favs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BestJerry(m): 12:47am On Aug 22, 2018
Someone should please add me ln a good WhatsApp movie group 09073525906[b][/b]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jade912: 6:31am On Aug 22, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by vitmax(m): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2018
iykekelvins:
Guys so it's holiday very soon and I need some awesome movies to watch while at home.

Sci-fi, comedy, horror n action are my favs.
2 broke girls
Salvation
Mind hunter
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

C'mon, everyone knows that horrors rarely end well.

Naso she be. Every small gist you give here na spoiling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 7:59am On Aug 22, 2018
sod09:
Ocean's 8
-10/10 angry

Note:

Ayam not here it. You rate it 10/10, but yiu regretted watching? What do u mean?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:01am On Aug 22, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Has anyone seen The Ring trilogy, most esp, part 1? Beorn, Ishilove, Mekaprime, Oyetpel, armadeo, Troubleseller, others? Mehn, that sh*t sacred the living bejeezus out of me. Creepy as f**k.

The ring I saw was the one of 2002, but that was way long ago. Am not into the horror genre especially the demon possession aspect, though I do bizarre creatures like zombies & vampires.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 22, 2018
Beorn:

This table you're shaking also has a certain Tyler Perry on it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

You need to see the ending of Acrimony to understand why the ending of that movie ruined it. The director of Upgrade could've ruined it with a predictable ending. Kudos to him for his ingenuity.

There are people that love Tyler Perry movies like mad (looking at you, Ishilove). Acrimony may not have set the world alight, but for all intents and purpose, it was a commercial success. And considering that it only cost 20 millions after tax to produce and distribute, the generic content is a good value for money.

The director of Upgrade impressed the hell outa me that I had to look him up after the fact. He's a talented director that have an history of turning low-budget movies into blockbusters. His list of filmography include the original SAW (easily the best of the whole franchise), Dead Silence (One of the best horror of all time), Insideous chapter two and three. The dude has yet again made a strong case for himself with Upgrade, and is long overdue for a high-budget movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2018
Am I the only one here who hasn't seen the lord of the rings trilogy, honestly the size of that movie alone discourages me, Who see's a single movie for 3hours+.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

There are people that love Tyler Perry movies like mad (looking at you, Ishilove). Acrimony may not have set the world alight, but for all intents and purpose, it was a commercial success. And considering that it only cost 20 millions after tax to produce and distribute, the generic content is a good value for money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfDgnapUAw

Ishiloves kind of story line tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: hersarhn, olayinkajnr(m), pu7pl3(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.