Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3873311 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sexymoma(f): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Seunpaul01:
Lionheart 5/10

- No suspense
- No thriller
- No comedy
- Unfamiliar language with no subtitles
- Poor storylines
after dem go dey talk about tribalism, like she wrote that film for only her igbo people, believe me if i go to cinema to see this movie, i would ask for a refund, cos i may have taught i've been cheated...

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
troubleseller:
Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey

A million tnx.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:
happy new year everyone!

Been unavailable due to party planning and partying since the night of 31st up to this morning of the 2nd.

cc beorn, olu4life, ishilove, alexistaiwo, zzzzy, ogidiolu3, viking07, mekaprime, mjbolt, kaycee7 and all movie lovers

Happy New Year Bro smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
sexymoma:
uncle goan sit down.. that movie na trash

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
The Netflix source ain't out yet. Let's wait and see if the subtitle issh will be fixed when it comes out. And like you said it will take an Igbo person to grasp it even if it's subtitled. Some phrases and words in our local languages doesn't have direct literal meaning in English.
Beorn:
For those that rated Lionheart 3/10, it's perfectly understandable as none of you understood majority of what was spoken in the movie which was Igbo. That for me was the major downside of the movie even as an Igbo boy that understood everything in the movie. Genevive goofed big time when she ignored subtitling the Igbo-spoken parts of the movie especially when Netflix bought the rights, which meant millions of people from different creeds and walks of life would be seeing it. It's a major turn off that'd reduce the success of the movie.

Even if it's subtitled, it'd take an Igbo person that understood the nuances of the spoken Igbo languages to really appreciate the movie and words. For example when Osofia told Phyno; "ifuro k'iru gi di ka mmiri omugwo" which loosely translates to "See how your face looks like the water used to bathe a new born baby during a mother-in-law's visit," someone that doesn't understand Igbo would've gotten the joke and probably laughed, but a full fledged Igbo person that understand the nuance behind the 'njakiri' (diss) would've ROTF when he heard it. The movie is nice.

Using Naija standard, I'd give it a 7/10.

My best Naija movie of 2018 still remains King of Boys. Planned on seeing Aquaman on the first of this year but we arrived late and King of Boys was the one showing and we settled for it. At the end of the movie, I was not left with any regret, plus my date enjoyed it as well. Win-win for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2019
sexymoma:
Lion heart.. I think it's high time i stop believing nairaland's rating... the movie na yeye
sense of humor to me 2/10
suspense 1/10
when i got 1:02 mins i had to fast forward it to know whats up.. biko the movie nor sweet abeg.

Aunty, why wouldn't sense of humor be 2 to you, when you hardly know the language used in the movie (you are not to blame though)

Suspense 1/10...The genre of the movie online says comedy not Thriller, abeg which kind suspense again you day find for comedy movie

The fact is that, even with subtitle, you might still not find it funny, the humor lies with the use of the indigenous language accompanied by the expressions, tones and mood used.

And on you not believing a Nairalander ratings anymore, what you have to know is that everyone here rates movies subjectively & based on preference, rather than being objective, so what is appealing to Mr A might be Repulsive to Mr B.

I rest my case.

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
I can see that you intentionally left out AHCB after acronymising his moniker to 'Another Huge Case of Bullshite'

Are you still beefing him

Ogbeni, stop looking for trouble in 2019.

AHCB, I rebuke all the trouble makers in your life. 2019, shall be a peaceful vyear in your life
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sexymoma(f): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
mekaprime:

Aunty, why wouldn't sense of humor be 2 to you, when you hardly know the language used in the movie (you are not to blame though)

Suspense 1/10...The genre of the movie online says comedy not Thriller, abeg which kind suspense again you day find for comedy movie

The fact is that, even with subtitle, you might still not find it funny, the humor lies with the use of the indigenous language accompanied by the expressions, tones and mood used.

And on you not believing a Nairalander ratings anymore, what you have to know is that everyone here rates movies subjectively & based on preference, rather than being objective, so what is appealing to Mr A might be Repulsive to Mr B.

I rest my case.
Mr!! I want to believe you went through some of the comment here on the movie, so don't come here to form "you don't know wht you are typing" if you've watched phone swap, wedding party, The meeting, you wouldn't come here to type what you feel it's right.... mind you i watched Slumdog millionaire without a subtitle "twice" despite the fact that it's indian... if a movie is interesting, it is interesting... don't come here and type kini.. Goan rest abeg.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
See as this man is trying to pacify AHCB.

Why insult AHCB in the first place when you know that you are scared of him?

JeromeBlack:

Ogbeni, stop looking for trouble in 2019.

AHCB, I rebuke all the trouble makers in your life. 2019, shall be a peaceful vyear in your life
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
Presently watching the wolf of wolf Street.

The 3hours duration was the factor preventing me from watching all this years.

Now I am blaming myself for lack of patience.
Neighbors will soon have a come and tie me up with the way I am laughing cheesy

"who has the gall to call this house on a Tuesday night?" grin

Nice opening 45 minutes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Extraordinary Mission 2017.....7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
sexymoma:
Mr!! I want to believe you went through some of the comment here on the movie, so don't come here to form "you don't know wht you are typing" if you've watched phone swap, wedding party, The meeting, you wouldn't come here to type what you feel it's right.... mind you i watched Slumdog millionaire without a subtitle "twice" despite the fact that it's indian... if a movie is interesting, it is interesting... don't come here and type kini.. Goan rest abeg.
Jeez..see me we wahalla, forming for who exactlyI watching a movie, I liked it & did my rating based on how I enjoyed the movie, so what's all this fuss about??

So saying my opinion about something, translates to me not knowing what am typing abi??

About reading some of the unfavourable comments on the movie here, so because some folks didn't enjoy the movie because of language barrier, i who did the opposite should join the bandwagon

alexistaiwo,now i know what it feels like to be pressured into other peoples opinion, I apologize via the BIRDBOX stuff.

Sister, the last time i checked, the review & rating i gave, was my explicit opinion, abi am I not entitled to one again??

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
finally 2 people have replaced JeromeBlack and Ishilove grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2019
MJBOLT:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
sexymoma:
phone swap..... another nice movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
mekaprime:

Jeez..see me we wahalla, forming for who exactlyI watching a movie, I liked it & did my rating based on how I enjoyed the movie, so what's all this fuss about??

So saying my opinion about something, translates to me not knowing what am typing abi??

About reading some of the unfavourable comments on the movie here, so because some folks didn't enjoy the movie because of language barrier, i who did the opposite should join the bandwagon

alexistaiwo,now i know what it feels like to be pressured into other peoples opinion, I apologize via the BIRDBOX stuff.

Sister, the last time i checked, the review & rating i gave, was my explicit opinion, abi am I not entitled to one again??

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 02, 2019
MJBOLT:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by taiocol: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
King of boys on netnaija is showing up to part 6
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2019
Bird Box loading...

Decided to finally check out Moana too

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=alexistaiwo post=74387682][/quote]
LOL..Karma is truly a bitch.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ralph breaks the Internet was pretty decent... Vanellope was spamming Cuteness as always... Wouldn't rate it as high as the first one, but it was great ✔️

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
A Christmas Carol

Animation by Walt Disney..

Watched it years ago and had to try it out again

8/10 so far
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
MJBOLT:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:
happy new year everyone!

Been unavailable due to party planning and partying since the night of 31st up to this morning of the 2nd.

cc beorn, olu4life, ishilove, alexistaiwo, zzzzy, ogidiolu3, viking07, mekaprime, mjbolt, kaycee7 and all movie lovers

Happy New year to you too, son

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 30card(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
Can anyone give a list of top movies to download it get data when I nor know wetin to use am for
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2019
JeromeBlack, are you Ishilove son?
Which kind insult is this one na?

You must not take it.
Ishilove:
Happy New year to you too, son
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
30card:
Can anyone give a list of top movies to download it get data when I nor know wetin to use am for
Abeg let it b between the range of 2015-2018 oo....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cupidkc(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
taiocol:
King of boys on netnaija is showing up to part 6

That's not the KING OF BOYS that you think o.
Better stay off of that particular one, I fell for it, you don't have to.
Be warned!!!
Lol

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Abeg let it b between the range of 2015-2018 oo....

Is that what the original poster said??

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hulu(m): 10:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy new year peeps, anybody could provide link to Creed 2 plsssss.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Juzec: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Presently watching the wolf of wolf Street.

The 3hours duration was the factor preventing me from watching all this years.

Now I am blaming myself for lack of patience.
Neighbors will soon have a come and tie me up with the way I am laughing cheesy

"who has the gall to call this house on a Tuesday night?" grin

Nice opening 45 minutes.
One of my favorite movies of all time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 12:14am On Jan 03, 2019
Happy new year ladies and gentlemen. May GOD bless us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.