Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54430 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Malawian(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
i am waiting for the day obasanjo will join APC so that it will be clear to Tinubu's okpolo eyes.

why is it that these yoruba have an ingrained slave mentality in their DNA? the level of "defection" by these northerners from PDP to "our saviour" APC should raise some concerns to tinubu if he was smart.

we see Fulani strategy on play here again, yet our "sophisticated" yorubas cant see it.

we saw the same strategy from them with a certain GOWON .

when the time comes, the fulani would suddenly become a majority in APC - even though they dont need a majority to chance the lily-livered yoruba into leadership positions.

i am still waiting for that yorubaman that can speak up when a fulani is talking.

how can these sophisticated people be working overtime to send the whole country back to slavery?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by AdviserGeneral: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
The masqurade has finally unmasked himself, it is now very obvious that he is the brain and back bone of the aggrieved G7 Governors. Obasanjo's grieviences are the same we experienced some years back under his rulership; high-handedness in PDP; ask Barnabas Gemade, Audu Ogbeh, Yahaya Kwande, Ahmadu Ali and so on, $16 Billion for darkness, etc.

If there are to be a new generation of coup plotters, they will not salute, rather they will shoot Obasanjo first before any other person because he kept us where we are today as a Country. I understand Obasanjo's frustrations; he was made irrelevant in a party he nurtured for years; Baba! What goes around comes around. You did the same to IBB, please take heart.

It's very obvious and he knows that he cannot work with IBB, Buhari and Atiku, and worst among them Tinubu can never trust you, because you are a traitor.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

After the bolded in red, the other bolded is a blatant lie. Only APC deluded folks talk like that.
F.Y.M, I can see u are delirious.I wish I could save you from your delusion.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zomby(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
APC or PDP, all same garbage.
Politicians in Nigeria are mostly made of greedy people that hate this country and also clueless of what their various roles should be as leaders.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zomby(m): 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
The last time I checked, Obasanjo was the man who forced this shoe-less Jonathan into becoming the president of this country. Therefore, instead of writing a letter to Jonathan, Obasanjo should first write himself one.

If it wasn't because of Obasanjo's self interest, Jonathan would have still be f0oling around with local boys in Bayelsa today.
Obasanjo can continue to write letters, but the history of this country can never be erased, this man remains part of the root of this mess we are all facing today.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dmail: F.Y.M, I can see u are delirious.I wish I could save you from your delusion.

Now you sound more like it. An APC stooge.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Pukkah: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
zomby: The last time I checked, Obasanjo was the man who forced this shoe-less Jonathan into becoming the president of this country. Therefore, instead of writing a letter to Jonathan, Obasanjo should first write himself one.

If it wasn't because of Obasanjo's self interest, Jonathan would have still be f0oling around with local boys in Bayelsa today.
Obasanjo can continue to write letters, but the history of this country can never be erased, this man remains part of the root of this mess we are all facing today.

You're right about Obasanjo.

Obasanjo is also right about Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Now you sound more like it. An APC stooge.
Should you hear yourself,you would prefer beign deaf.CAUSE YOU SOUND WORSE.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Orikinla(m): 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
GEJ ended godfatherism in Nigerian politics.

The only godfather GEJ has is GOD.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zomby(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
APC or PDP, all same garbage.
Politicians in Nigeria are mostly made of greedy people that hate this country and also clueless of what their various roles should be as leaders. Therefore, it isn't only silly to show any support for these group of sick people, but also very stup1d.

They all, including Fashola need serious psychiatric help.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by athos: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ carry on, cry a river ...Jonathan till 2019!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by gogodaye(m): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Some of do not suffer from amnesia.........OBJ as a good father should be proud of the legacies of his godsons......who all following in his wake have far surpaced his expectations..........
For starters....Al Mustafa's infamous strike force commandos, worked in the villa training other hitmen during OBJ's term in office? Audu Ogbeh's ordeal as PDP's chair & his letters would rekindle past experiences,
Bola Ige's & Marshal Harry's unresolved deaths in hazy circumstances,Ngige's abduction
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Akainzo(m): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
kettykin: Jonathan is a weak president other wise this fool called Obj who squandered N16b tax payers money on a fluke power project, who used his office to organise the worst set of rigging in Anambra where Andy Uba was declared winner in an election that didn't hold, whose daughter was caught in embezzlement of N10b health fujd, who used EFCC to victimise governors he doesn't like, who closed down businesses of igbo men for no meaningful reasons, who issued oil blocks to all manner of people as he was the minister for petroleum should be behind bars

Tell me, all the power plants that are being commissioned by GEJ, were they all conceptualised, awarded and built by GEJ?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ChiefAdams: 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Imagine! Now Obasanjo can come out to accuse someone of corruption! are they not the same? crops of thieves and corrupt minded people. Looters at the highest esteem. I'm not surprised anyway. when we have a political party like the PDP where all the crop of leaders that evolves are not but selfish human beings who do not see themselves as public servants but public opportunists, why would they not seize every little chances to perpetrate the obnoxious stealing?

Enough is Enough!!! In fact, come 2015, we are voting PDP out of power.

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by lagcity(m): 8:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Malawian: i am waiting for the day obasanjo will join APC so that it will be clear to Tinubu's okpolo eyes.

why is it that these yoruba have an ingrained slave mentality in their DNA? the level of "defection" by these northerners from PDP to "our saviour" APC should raise some concerns to tinubu if he was smart.

we see Fulani strategy on play here again, yet our "sophisticated" yorubas cant see it.

we saw the same strategy from them with a certain GOWON .

when the time comes, the fulani would suddenly become a majority in APC - even though they dont need a majority to chance the lily-livered yoruba into leadership positions.

i am still waiting for that yorubaman that can speak up when a fulani is talking.

how can these sophisticated people be working overtime to send the whole country back to slavery?

Yorubas have an "ingrained slave mentality" yet they charted their own political course and refused to take the path of least resistance by sucking Jona balls like the ibos did.
Yoruba have "slave mentality" yet they are brave enough to reach out to the SE and North in order prevent Nigeria from becoming a quasi one-party state.
Yorubas have "slave mentality" yet their governors went to Borno even when the president was pissing in his pants because ibos were whispering in his ears that all Northerners are children of satan.
Why do ibo always act as fear mongerers? Why are you people always afraid of Hausa and Fulani? Fulani strategy, Fulani conspiracy, Fulani this, Fulani that.
You people are too scared yet you say Yorubas are slaves. Get real, you people do not have the liver to take APGA nationwide or even take the whole SE, yet you won't let us be. Pathetic!

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by SlamDunk(m): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint: Obj might not be a saint but what he said are very valid. GEJ has been practically silent to corruption. Its gotten so worse that anytime anybody is accused of corruption, some disgruntled aides of the president will turn it into tribal war. During OBJs era a lot of heads rolled due to the anti-curruption campaign of those days starting with people from his region; S.M Afolabi(National I.D card scam), Tafa Balogun(former IG), Bode George(NPA scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola&Femi Fani Kayode(former Ministers of Aviation)... Nobody raised alarm of tribal victimization because the Yorubas don't condole corruption even if you're the son of a king but under GEJs administration tribal sentiments has been at its peak when people are accused of corruption esp. from the SE of the country. GEJ only claims to fight corruption on paper. It's even a big dent on the president that he still has someone like Stella Oduah as a cabinet minister after the body of allegations against her. This is thesame President who didn't waste time in removing the Court of Appeal President(Justice Ayo Salami) just because he wasn't working for the interest of his party. Jonathans tenure will go down to be the most corrupt in the history of this country. How did we get here??!! I weep for this country!!!

What else can I say... Thank You, very well said.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
lagcity:

Yorubas have an "ingrained slave mentality" yet they charted their own political course and refused to take the path of least resistance by sucking Jona balls like the ibos did.
Yoruba have "slave mentality" yet they are brave enough to reach out to the SE and North in order prevent Nigeria from becoming a quasi one-party state.
Yorubas have "slave mentality" yet their governors went to Borno even when the president was pissing in his pants because ibos were whispering in his ears that all Northerners are children of satan.
Why do ibo always act as fear mongerers? Why are you people always afraid of Hausa and Fulani? Fulani strategy, Fulani conspiracy, Fulani this, Fulani that.
You people are too scared yet you say Yorubas are slaves. Get real, you people do not have the liver to take APGA nationwide or even take the whole SE, yet you won't let us be. Pathetic!

God bless you and your generations yet unborn.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by sonickay(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
It doesn't really matter whether Obasanjo was a thief or a villain trying to make a hero; he has a right like every prisoner has to (criticise thiefs, hoodlums, assassins and bad elements not yet in prison) say the truth as he sees it and along the lines of public opinion. Its more hypocritical of the Presidency to call Obasanjo a hypocrite.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by kgr8mike(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ to me has no moral justifiction to write this letter. He is not a Nigerian of character. Today the world is honoring Nelson Mandela. Nobody will honor OBJ that way. He went to prison as Madiba, came out and became president as Madiba, but what did he become afterwards? He became a man most Nigerians will love to hate. His political approaches were all ruthless. See OBJ talking along Party lines. Shoulg OBJ at his age be more interested in PDP than he should be to every Nigerian? He should be a statesman that every Nigerian irrespective of party should find a comfort to be with. OBJ should leave Nigeria alone. This country is not his father's backyard. Nigeria is bigger than all of us. Oh God deliver us from the these men than has no character.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by MidasT(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please, lets call a truce. My MB is finished, battery charged several times, and nairaland has crashed several times today becos of this OBJ letter to GEJ. Lets retreat to base and refresh ourselves. We will fight tomorrow again, as am very such another corruption case will come up again; because the political propaganda factory is working overtime. Please seun is begging u people to stop this war! Dont destroy its business oh!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by howfarwhatagwan: 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
Well said OBJ..... You made your own mistakes but truth be told despite your flaws I don't recall you bringing such shame to Nigeria like Jona is doing there seems to be a marriage between his government and corruption. he has surrounded himself with the most miserable sycophants I have ever seen in my life.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by miracleoscar(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ though my grand father and mentor,I am sorry to say has missed this.was he not in this life and not a president when Mandila(MHSRIP) did one term.

Now he has the audacity to tell us what GEJ should do,I pity him as he is a lone voice in the wilderness.

What does he mean by carrot and stick;nonsense.same Mandila we celebrate today did not kill,miam,push-out the whites that made him pass through all his 27 yrs ordeal.so because BH is in places like Maiduguri,then the place should be burnt down.

As far as I am concerned,in all spheres GEJ tenure surpass OBJ's.this is the second time Nigeria is witnessing a true democrat.Yar'adua(MHSRIP) was the first.after this two men,others are just jesters;I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by enigmang: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
If this letter is true... The mere fact that Obj is angry... Make me love GEJ the more... Whatever OBJ is angry about I definitely goo for Nigerians
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zuggy: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ is in a state of senility. I advice GEJ to be focused and not be distracted by this type of pedestrian comment.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
ImHotep-X:

You're naive and a tad bit lost in translation. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and winning/losing elections in 2015. Go read the letter again. It's like a final warning before the real owners of Nigeria do the "needful." I expect a coup before summer next year. I doubt GEJ would live to see 2015 - I honestly doubt it.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

some of you are living in a bubble

so the President who controls the head of the army and all the Generals no follow for the owners of Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
zomby: Without any doubt, the shoe-less president shouldn't have been the president. A 2 yr old could tell that this dude has nothing to offer. He reminds me of a claw-less cat sitting on a throne that belongs to a LION.
But we also must not forget that Obasanjo created this failed state. He remains part pf the root of all these problems we are experiencing on a daily bases in Nigeria

This Obasanjo's letter is nothing but a smart way to exclude himself from the mess Jonathan and other PDP thieves have found themselves.

Everybody wants to be Nigerian Mandela, but this letter is a little bit too late, too customized and too insincere.

Sorry, I am not impressed sir.
Best comment so far
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by alpontif(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Onlytruth: The only thing this letter tells me is that Jonathan should remember the country he is leading - a place where gentleness is seen as weakness.
He needs to show his fangs fast, else I see a plot thickening against him.
Every rogue is crawling out of the woodwork to insult him and the rest of Nigerians with all types of sanctimonious CRAP.

If I were him, I would quickly have a chat with my TOP security personnel (military,intelligence, etc).
What he faces is not political opposition; what he faces is a SECURITY THREAT.
If I were him, I would IMMEDIATELY declare marshal law, first send those thieves in the national assembly home. They would be lucky if I don't jail some of them for grand theft using a military tribunal!

Next I would convene an internationally supervised conference on Nigeria's future.

Some people feel that they own Nigeria, and that only they can determine Nigeria's future. They see themselves as the gods of Nigeria, while others are hewers of wood and drawers of water. It started with Tambuwal, next CBN governor, next this never-do-well that sold Nigeria to the highest bigger during his two terms, and even schemed for a third term.

Jonathan should not pussyfoot around anymore, else Ironsi would be better than him.

The Above are the reasons why You are not likely to ever become the president of this Nation.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by 1009ja: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
When it comes to fighting corruption, I had high hopes when GEJ assumed office.
I am probably the most disappointed Nigerian now. He has disgraced us all; especially
those who still respect the academia world.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by MrGattuso(m): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
TribalEAST: GEJ IS CORRUPT

who isn't?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
lagcity:

Yorubas have an "ingrained slave mentality" yet they charted their own political course and refused to take..
Why do ibo always act as fear mongerers? Get real, you people do not have the liver to take APGA nationwide
Thats how it goes:d noice of a sophisticated talkin dumbdrum..u coolin ur arsse n thinkin d north is joinin arsses wit u 4 some halloween snapshots,huh? n after u loudspeakers r done runnin ur arsses around,'they' tap u on da back n get down widda real top shiit: da #1 position n yall fall n fart over eachother 4 d #2.now u spreadin ur arsses 2 d north n se?Helll yea! someone tell me another name 4 aboki.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by eluquenson(m): 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
Why should or did he choose to write a letter. When he can reach GEJ on phone and even at the Villa any time any day? undecided
Hmmm Baba Iyabo has lost his relevance. Your time is up with politics of god fatherism.. Go and rest in your farm at Ota and enjoy Your Loot
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by gp6liveth(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint: Obj might not be a saint but what he said are very valid. GEJ has been practically silent to corruption. Its gotten so worse that anytime anybody is accused of corruption, some disgruntled aides of the president will turn it into tribal war. During OBJs era a lot of heads rolled due to the anti-curruption campaign of those days starting with people from his region; S.M Afolabi(National I.D card scam), Tafa Balogun(former IG), Bode George(NPA scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola&Femi Fani Kayode(former Ministers of Aviation)... Nobody raised alarm of tribal victimization because the Yorubas don't condole corruption even if you're the son of a king but under GEJs administration tribal sentiments has been at its peak when people are accused of corruption esp. from the SE of the country. GEJ only claims to fight corruption on paper. It's even a big dent on the president that he still has someone like Stella Oduah as a cabinet minister after the body of allegations against her. This is thesame President who didn't waste time in removing the Court of Appeal President(Justice Ayo Salami) just because he wasn't working for the interest of his party. Jonathans tenure will go down to be the most corrupt in the history of this country. How did we get here??!! I weep for this country!!!

Ur stand on corruption in Nigeria is never a bad stand. But pls before u compare Gej and Obj fight against corruption pls think deep. Obj brought efcc to witch-hunt his political opponents and not to fight corruption. If we are to sum up obj total salary during his tenures, it won't reach half of his wealth when he left office. How come He gathered such wealth if not corruption. God is watching.

Infact why must we blame the executive arm for not fighting corruption? What about the legislative and the judicial arms who encourages corruption by defending criminal politicians for a penny.

I am totally dissappoimted in educated Nigerians who believe it is d sole responsibilities of the executive to fight corruption.
Right in your family, church, mosque and office corruption is high and u blame GEJ for it.

We won't get it right if each Nigerian have not taken that bold courage to do the right things like Madiba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' / Kaduna Crash: Adesina Opeyemi Deeziah Prayed Against 'Bloody May' / Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.