Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,100 members, 7,887,188 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54434 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by humblesteve(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ..."go and die"

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by tomwealth: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2013
At first we were told mr Joe signed a one term document and the papers could not b seen, and now Obj is saying Mr Joe told him and one of his mate that he would rule for one term.
Ȋ̝̊̅‎​ think dis is a grape vein and to make dis a clear point obj should come out and tell the whole world when and how Mr Joe made the said statement. And even @ that the word in question could b see as a political statement which is a daily bread amongs our politicians.

No point!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Balos(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.

The differences are. badluck jonathan promised, he wont go for a second term obasanjo dint.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by niceeric(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2013
Onlytruth: The only thing this letter tells me is that Jonathan should remember the country he is leading - a place where gentleness is seen as weakness.
He needs to show his fangs fast, else I see a plot thickening against him.
Every rogue is crawling out of the woodwork to insult him and the rest of Nigerians with all types of sanctimonious CRAP.

If I were him, I would quickly have a chat with my TOP security personnel (military,intelligence, etc).
What he faces is not political opposition; what he faces is a SECURITY THREAT.
If I were him, I would IMMEDIATELY declare marshal law, first send those thieves in the national assembly home. They would be lucky if I don't jail some of them for grand theft using a military tribunal!

Next I would convene an internationally supervised conference on Nigeria's future.

Some people feel that they own Nigeria, and that only they can determine Nigeria's future. They see themselves as the gods of Nigeria, while others are hewers of wood and drawers of water. It started with Tambuwal, next CBN governor, next this never-do-well that sold Nigeria to the highest bigger during his two terms, and even schemed for a third term.

Jonathan should not pussyfoot around anymore, else Ironsi would be better than him.
hmmm...so there are really humans who think like Jonathan true true??so wat happens after u send d whole of national assembly home?u put ijaw people ehn?reminds me of d lecturers sack threat...hmm...so u would channel d military strength to terrorising ur enemies avi?while Boko Haram keeps bombing rightcool...now I know Jonathan isn't alone in his 'dumbness'...there are others like him

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Amasuccess: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.

May God bless this thought.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by funshint(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2013
capricon:

Pls mention all corruption scandals under GEJ administration and tell me how many of them are "especially from the SE". Thanks for your anticipated response
not only corruption but also executive impunity arauma oteh(SEC), stella oduah(bulletproof cars), allison madueke(2private oil companies+almost 1trillion naira subsidy funds down the drain), ifeanyi ubah(oil subsidy), alhaji maina(pensions scam), farouk lawan(bribery allegation), alli ndume(boko haram sponsor)... Tell me what has been the fate of these cases not withstanding the gravity of allegations and the noise generated?! Nothing!!! Only in one administration...Haba!!!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ades111(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2013
Onlytruth: The only thing this letter tells me is that Jonathan should remember the country he is leading - a place where gentleness is seen as weakness.
He needs to show his fangs fast, else I see a plot thickening against him.
Every rogue is crawling out of the woodwork to insult him and the rest of Nigerians with all types of sanctimonious CRAP.

If I were him, I would quickly have a chat with my TOP security personnel (military,intelligence, etc).
What he faces is not political opposition; what he faces is a SECURITY THREAT.
If I were him, I would IMMEDIATELY declare marshal law, first send those thieves in the national assembly home. They would be lucky if I don't jail some of them for grand theft using a military tribunal!

Next I would convene an internationally supervised conference on Nigeria's future.

Some people feel that they own Nigeria, and that only they can determine Nigeria's future. They see themselves as the gods of Nigeria, while others are hewers of wood and drawers of water. It started with Tambuwal, next CBN governor, next this never-do-well that sold Nigeria to the highest bigger during his two terms, and even schemed for a third term.

Jonathan should not pussyfoot around anymore, else Ironsi would be better than him.
hey,i wud suggest you do it 4 him since u gat d wrecked balls!! Cheers

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by PlanMan1: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Thank you OBJ. You have done you part.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
[size=18]WHO THE HELL IS OBASANJO TO PREACH ABOUT CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA. OBASANJO LAID THE FRAMEWORK AND INSTITUTIONALIZED CORRUPTION IN THE 4TH REPUBLIC NIGERIA.MORE LIKE TAIYE TAIWO CALLING TARIBO WEST UGLY.

OBASANJO IS BLAWWDY HYPOCRITE AND COWARD.

TO HELL WITH HIM!!!
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by mazizitonene(m): 11:36am On Dec 11, 2013
niceeric:
Jonathan was there sir,nobody just get him time hence no speech from him loool
Him just dey smell corruption corruption, mu.mu mumu grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

When a President says:

**Igbos are the pillar of my administration**

** I got the majority of my votes in the North from Igbos***

Then...such President is clearly naive to put it mildly...

Some Igbo on the Internet too are not helping matter with the way they go about bullishly trying to defend some of the indefensible blunders of this administration.

How can a President due to his own selfish ambition keep truncating the activities of his party...like we recently witnessed in Anambra.

GO & DIE.
Jona will rule till 2019, or we divide what Awolowo rightly described GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by katordidi(m): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2013
ogologodimkpa:
Those people you mentioned as being corrupt witht 'their heads rolled' where are they today?
Aren't they walking free in streets today as if nothing happened.

Some of them are even chieftains in the opposition party APC?
I even saw FFK in APC rally in Osogbo abusing GEJ Government as being corrupt sad
What an irony!

Corruption does not start with GEJ and may not end with him.

The fight against corruption starts from You and I undecided
is it not the same jonathan that is setting criminals free all over de country? If he cant prosecute corruption he shouldnt ridicule the efforts of his predecessors

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by vanguard1(m): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2013
On what moral grounds did obj send that letter to Gej, A man who tried to abridge the constitution so as to be able to go on a third term is chiding someone who wishes to run for his legally and constitutionally allowed second term. You said jonathan is tearing Nigeria whereas it is the seed of discord that this corrupt general planted in ekiti and Niger-delta that is tearing both state and region respectively apart. Obj has no moral justification to say GeJ can't be trusted whereas he (OBJ) betrayed most of his political friends and used instrument of Government to chase them into political oblivion. If Gej is clannish, Obj is devilish.
But I get it, he is trying to leave a legacy but his time has passed and the opportunity will never come again. The legacies of mandela is definitely giving the millitary betrayer sleepless night.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by khattab02: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2013
Of course I expected this thread to turn out like this na!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by naso2(m): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2013
validplanet:

This is serious!
My brother consider the fact tha obj never promised anybody that he will not seek a third term. so if he did seek a third term he did not break any agreement. am a business man. and i know how people take agreements seriously, whether written or verbal. and will expect u to keep ur agreements to the last 1 naira. when u fail to keep it to the last 1 naira, ur apologies may not be accepted and ur good will may become useless.

simply keep agreements. full stop.

My guy abeg pack well with this your yeye line.

Does our constitution permit 3rd term? when you are sworn in do you vow to defend the constitution or not? So OBJ swears to defend the constitution and now went behind to try to amend same constitution for personal gain .

so a few men will now come and say GEJ verbally told them he will seek only 1 term hence he should no longer contest even when the constitution permits him. Abeg make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by princenayo: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Ola def2: Chorus:

If I say nigeria, u'll say doom!
Nigeria! (doom!)
Nigeria! (doom!)

If I say GEJ, u'll say GO
GEJ!!! (GO!!!)
GEEEEJ!!! (GOOOO!!!)

grin
MAD MAN

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by MidasT(m): 11:44am On Dec 11, 2013
Look at POT calling KETTLE black. Till today, OBJ have not being able to explain to Nigerians how the $10 billion dollars budgeted for the NIPP fizzle away without any tangible work done. OBJ that was seriously scheming for an unconstitutional Third term, is telling GEJ to forgo his constitutional right for a second term all because of some bloody agreement. Sir, with are due respect, u dont have the moral and political fortitude to criticise the Presiden (not an iota of it). Ur administration stink of more corruption than the GEJ administration; in fact, u idolize corruption in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2013
tomwealth:

first we were told mr Joe signed a one term document and the papers could not b seen, and now Obj is saying Mr Joe told him and one of his mate that he would rule for one term.

obj should come out and tell the whole world when and how Mr Joe made the said statement

No one earth will ever believe what Tchief Obasanjo says, and he knows it.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Lucasbalo(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2013
Until the youths of Nigeria rise up with a massive revolution like that of Rawlings in Ghana , Nigeria will be the laughing stock of the civilized world. In a country where the majority of her citizens earn less than $5 a day and all this oligarchs and politicitians are up to their necks in corrupt practices and outright looting of national wealth, no wonder Nigeria is not respected in the comity of nations . It's very sad to see the country regressing instead of progressing.

All the bastards that are impeding the progress of the country should be eliminated by any means necessary. That's the only way the country can turn around positively . No sacred cow should be spared. If not , the youths of Nigeria is doomed to wallow in abject poverty which is not suppose to be because Nigeria is richly blessed by God.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2013
mazizi tonene:
Otondo! grin
thank u sir...... @ lest I have share my own opinion. U can take it personal if u want, no ur own headache be dat undecided
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by onagoodday1: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2013

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by citizenY(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2013
shine-eye:
Nigeria is getting worse in corruption under the GEJ's administration. However, OBJ's attempt to play the righteous father is obnoxious. The administrations of the Hausas and Yorubas, Obj inclusive, witnessed monumental nepotism, tribalism and corruption. By sheer strength of their respective numbers they suppressed the complains of the minorities. What tribal attachment has GEJ displayed that the big 2(or3) did not multiply. OBJ's outburst reeks of hypocrisy and is calculated to gain undue selfish advantage . We watch and pray for a new generation of real leaders in Nigeria, outside the cast of the OBJs, IBBs, GEJs and others.

AND WHILE WE ARE WAITING??
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2013
bizlifelines: This is a classical lesson in the role of succession planning.This level of breakdown in trust and mentor-mentee relationship is common even in business; often resulting in serious board room squabbles. I hope the current president will be more circumspect in choosing his successor.
wow! Is its fact that in Nigeria, people's votes do not count but the current leader's choices only? Smh
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Sesan2: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2013

From what OBJ has said (and if you read the statement properly) the difference is that Jonathan appeared to have made a promise to some people that he will not be contesting a second term (presumably in order to get their support for contesting his 'first' term) and he now appears to be breaking that promise. Although OBJ may have sought a third term he was not doing so at the expense of a promise he made to anyone. Although you make it sound as if OBJ was trying to ignore the constitution we all know that was not the case. His people were actually trying to get the constitution amended.

What is comparable to OBJ's third term is Jonathan seeking 6 years in office during one term, and OBJ appears not to criticise that move.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by gistsky: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2013
I wont say anythin until Rude(ben) Abati replies bk.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Pennywise(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2013
You can vilify Obj, call him by any name imaginable but dull and incompetent never comes to mind. This is vintage Obj. A very well written letter. Not one written by 'aides'.

If Jonathan was an effective leader and his govt wasnt so corrupt, a lot of these questions would not have arisen.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by boss1310(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2013
are the people backing obj born yesterday or are they ghanaians.obj was so bad that his kinsmen who are now fighting jonathan rejected him.i think someone just fabricates this story because they hate jonathan and the same guys were involved in the"jonathan,mandela of our time"story.if you take pleasure in ridiculing your own president then you contribute to the problem we have in this country,and for those who call him slowpoke,weak and senseless what does that make you if a man of these characters is your own leader.it means you are below dumb.let that man do his job he is not the best president but can you tell me who is the best president in the world cos even south africans booed their president yesterday but cheered a foreign president who is equally facing a distrust from his own black community back home.love your country by supporting the leaders,criticise wisely not blindly

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ades111(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2013
perez019: Whether OBJ is a saint or not... Place d. Cards. On. D table, OBJ is still d best democratically elected president Nigeria has ever had.. YES he made some mistakes, YES he. Stepped on toes. But at d end he achieved a lot. GEJ has. Openly encouraged corruption and criminality at its peak, celebrating thieves and. Criminals (we know them without. Mentioning names).. Where r promises he made by setting up the Subsidy re-investment. Programme? The. Mass. Transit buses he promised. To roll out to d masses? The. Jobs he promised. To create?... Nigeria is now an indebted country. Why. Did he(GEJ) have to wait dis long. To implement a 2009 agreement the he was part of? Millitants now earn salaries more than an educated Nigerian graduate. What has he done to stella Oduah's case? And now another. Case of corruption in NNPC.. GEJ has not only failed Nigerians, he has also failed God.
abegi u get mouth jor
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by FreeWill01: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Pyrrho: In other news...
-OBJ deny writing letters to GEJ-

- "I have Goodlucks mobile number, he has mine, we talk on phone. I have no need for letters"- Vanguard news.

I for talk, Obj wrote this kind of letter? I was like, did this guy repent or he suddenly got a different perspective of life. The letter makes sense, but tis devalued coming from man like obj,...abi he no get conscience ni.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by onagoodday1: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Gen -obama
Obj-Osama
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by texaco1: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2013
one thing i can see is that the opposition are winning the propaganda war against the presidency and if the president is to win peoples hearts and votes ,the fg has to come out and explain to Nigerians what is really going on . because now even members of his own party are already accusing him gej of been incapable of handling the Nigerian situation and i must confess that is a really really really bad sign
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2013
nairaman66:

I completely agree to this.. He'll be IMPEACHED come January!!
Thank God. Nigeria go just divide properly. Make the angels stay on their own, and Boko Haram declare Arewanistan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Lawyer Celebrates Lagos Potholes That Keep Expanding, With 3 Sodas / PDP Primary: Makarfi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory / Amaechi Laughing In The National Asssembly Hearing. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.