Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,832 members, 7,927,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ikorodu Road Is Now Dangerous, BEWARE OF 419! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikorodu Road Is Now Dangerous, BEWARE OF 419! (1063 Views)

Ikorodu Road After Rain Last Night (photos) / Lokoja-okene Road Is No Go Route. Travelers Take Note / “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikorodu Road Is Now Dangerous, BEWARE OF 419! by bzeey(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2013
From “IKORODU GARAGE” to “AGRIC BUS-STOP” you have to be very careful and know who is who.
Typing from experience, On the 6th of DECEMBER, 2013. I was going from “IKORODU GARAGE” to “CHURCH BUS-STOP”. Normally, the t-fare is supposed to be N30, but due to some circumstances the drivers decided to carry it for N50. Because I live with my budget I decided to move forward maybe I can get it cheaper there. On moving forward, a guy approached me to ask me about a particular destination. At first, I thought it was one of those guys that move closer to people to Advertise stolen phones to them, so I did like a deaf and dumb and didn’t answer him. He said something very touching so I decided to look back.
“I am not a beggar, I just need to get to this particular destination to deliver this stuff because my mother is about to die”. He said.
I responded and told him that it is not like people are wicked, that it is because they don’t want to be duped that I don’t know the destination he is talking about. Maybe he should call the person he came to meet because he had earlier told me he came from “ILE-IFE” and he doesn’t know anywhere in Lagos. I pitied him, and told him to ask another person that I don’t know where he is heading to.
Soon, a third party came from the other side of the road and the guy called him and asked. At that moment, I joined and told the guy that the third party that he was new in Lagos. So the third party asked him to take a bike there and be very careful with what was with him.
At that moment I kept on moving, but the third party asked:
Are you guys’ brothers?
ME: No o! I just answered him because he doesn’t know where he is going.
THIRD PARTY: that guy is a slowpoke that that stuff with him is used by herbal medicinal practitioner such as YETKEM, OKO OLOYUN etc. to cure various ailment and its worth a lot of money.
ME: I pray they don’t dupe him o.
THIRD PARTY: why can’t we help him so that they won’t dupe him, that where is meant to sell the stuff is at YETKEM office Ikorodu and we will just take a bike there and that’s all.
ME: maybe you should follow him because I am going somewhere right now.
THIRD PARTY: if only me should go they might think I want to dupe the boy, at least if you can go with us you will be our witness.
He called the guy and told him we are willing to help him that how much would he pay a thousand naira and he said the guy to pay N3000. Money was never my priority because having attended a programme organized by LEAP Africa we were told about the “ART and ACT OF LEADERSHIP” AND LEADERSHIP IS A PRICELESS SERVICE.
I immediately told the THIRD PARTY to put himself in the guy’s shoe and he could be in the same position tomorrow. At least he should pity he guy because his mum is about to die.
We took a bike from there to “ITUNPATE” and my money is also inclusive with the money we paid the bike man.
On getting there the THIRD PARTY asked me and the guy to hold each other that we should do like brothers. We walk through a narrow path which lead us to a white house. On getting there, the THIRD PARTY knocked, the man said we should come in but when we were about to enter I noticed some three girls are looking at me but I never knew what was going on.
The man then asked who we were and the third party said we were brothers and the man said asked us what we wanted to do, maybe we want to do evil for our enemy or checked our stars.
I almost urinate on my trouser because they told me we were going to YET-KEM office. I could not go out so I had to go on with the drama. The third party told him that we have brought what he was looking for on the radio station so that he can heal that person he wants to heal. He then now asked the guy we helped to continue with the explanation. The man (healer) now asked whether what we bought was alive or dead. The guy we helped said it is still alive. The man said he is ready to give the guy 1.2M if it is still alive that he is coming that he wants to test what the guy brought. The healer went inside.
THIRD PARTY: this man is very hot when it comes to traditional medicine, he normally do a programme on a particular radio station every Tuesdays and Fridays with a popular Yoruba actor Baba-suwe.
ME: I know baba-suwe every well, in fact he stays in my area.
THE GUY WE HELPED: I used to watch him on t.v every well, that in fact he is the one we are looking for.
The man went inside and came back; he then told us that we lied to him that we were brothers.
THIRD PARTY: it is true sir, we are not we just said that to help the guy.
The man then asked us to bring out everything that has to do with money that is with us and put it in our front including our phones and ATM Card. We brought them out. The healer the put sand in our hands and asked each of us to blow the particular bucket he brought with our mouth three times. We did that, he then placed the bucket on one side of the apartment close to our front and started reciting some incantations and asked us recite them after him and also asked us to blow the sand in our hands towards the direction of the bucket. We did but to my surprise when he but the bucket closer to us, there was N1000, N500 & N10 inside the bucket. He then asked us to stand up and spat on our hands and turn it upside down. To my surprise again I saw the spit at the back of my hand. I was so frivolous and shivering.
The man later asked us to sit down and said that he just performed a ritual just now and he is about to pay the money that before he paid the money he is going to tell us the truth about the stuff we came to do.
THE HEALER: you people have to be very careful, I thought the guy stole this stuff he brought but when he asked his gods they told him he inherited it from his father and it was this stuff that killed his father and even his mother is about to die. He then asked the guy whether he was lying and how many people it has killed in their house.
THE GUY WE HELPED: it is true sir and it has killed 7 people in our house.
The healer started asking us about our family and their properties. The way the third party was doing and exposing all his assets made me believed something could be wrong somewhere. Because I was the only one with ATM among them he them, he then asked how much was inside the ATM.
ME: with anxiety I said N97.
The healer now said if we don’t want our parent to die that me and the other guy should go and bring their jewelries and money even if the money is not for them, so that they can removed the evil spirit surrounded by it because of the ritual we did, so that when they are using the jewelry or spending the money they won’t die. He then said he was going to help us so that we would recognize the one with the evil spirit, he went out to pick a stone and asked us to raise our clothes up and performed magic with the hope that the stuff has disappeared inside our body.
He asked me and the third party home to go and money and the jewelries so that they can take the one that the evil spirit is attached to and then return it back home after all sacrifice has been done to it. He then asked me how much will take me home to go and bring the stuff and gave me and the third party N500 which the third party collected N200; he then demanded that I drop my phone so that they can communicate with me through it. He also insisted that I removed the security code and call my number from the business centre so that I can communicate with them as to when am bringing the money and jewelries. According to the instruction, He said we should put everything thing inside the nylon and blow breeze at it with our mouth three times and tie it, then rush to the business centre to call our number to inform them that we have done it. The third party then asked that can we tell our parent before we take their property, the so called healer said we dare not that if we do blood will start coming out from our mouth till we die.
Immediately we left the third party did something that is suspicious that made me draw my conclusion that they were 419. First, we arrived there together but we never left there together and on our way going he was repeating the same stuff and telling me that I should rush and go and go and bring the jewelries so that they die.
On my way home, I just started recollecting how the stuff happened and when I got home, I prayed and search for my mum’s room key and could not find it. So, I went to the business centre to call them on my number, he then told me to jack the door or I call my mum and asked her where she dropped the key. That was when my suspicion was so certain, that I have to inform some elders in my area and they wanted to follow me there but one of them told me that they can never meet them there, that I should go and block my SIM card.
So I informed my neighbor and she said I should call them again, so I did and told them that I have jacked it and I am bringing it, they then asked how much and I told them it is not money that its jewelry, they now asked why I informed my mum and I told them that it was them that asked me to ask about the key. He then said;
419: o ti ja? (the thing never clear for eye)
ME: nibo le jasi? (Where you take fall?). They then start swearing for me and I cut the phone.
I didn’t tell you this story so that you can pity me, I am only telling you so that you can shine your eyes. Everyone I told keeps telling me about same happenings. The funniest thing is that they are still operating in that same spot, my mum even spotted another set of people the second day which was Friday yet they hang around and pretend as if they don’t know where they are going, be warned they want to dupe you. THANKS FOR READING, PLEASE DO SPREAD THE NEWS AND SHINE YOUR EYES.
Re: Ikorodu Road Is Now Dangerous, BEWARE OF 419! by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 11, 2013
@ OP, Are you new in Lagos? If Yes, then go and sin (fall MUGU) no more. But if No, then You Must Be A Learner. All the same sha, thanks for the alert.
Re: Ikorodu Road Is Now Dangerous, BEWARE OF 419! by redsun(m): 10:50am On Dec 11, 2013
You could have easily being used for ritual by some barbaric hustlers.How can anybody be so naive to fall for that cooork and bull story that has for decades been the rhetoric for wash wash in nigeria?

Even though you sound like you are organized and articulate from the way you are presenting your.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Breaking New Grounds In Road Sector / Osun Election: Message To Nairaland Vanquished And The Vanquishers. / Ebola: Governors Avoid Handshakes, Adopt Knuckles Greeting (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.