Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,542 members, 7,944,604 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Business Name Registration... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Name Registration... (645 Views)

Register Your Business Name With Us / How Can I Register A Business Name With CAC Without A Lawyer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Name Registration... by macklef(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2013
Pls who can help me here, i have a business name my mum used,its been registered but she hasnt used it for years and cant even find the incorporation/registration documents... Pls is it possible to validate this business name because i wish to continue with the name, and if this isnt opossible how much with it take me(legally) to get a registered business name.
Re: Business Name Registration... by eluquenson(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
macklef: Pls who can help me here, i have a business name my mum used,its been registered but she hasnt used it for years and cant even find the incorporation/registration documents... Pls is it possible to validate this business name because i wish to continue with the name, and if this isnt opossible how much with it take me(legally) to get a registered business name.

As long as you know the Name of the business she used, definitely you can still get the document, just visit CAC office at Aje street sabo yaba if you reside in lagos, they will explain well to you.
Am currently doing mine now, but I engaged a third party to expedite it for me at the rate of 25k.
If you are interested, you can pm me.
Re: Business Name Registration... by jangirova: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
eluquenson:

As long as you know the Name of the business she used, definitely you can still get the document, just visit CAC office at Aje street sabo yaba if you reside in lagos, they will explain well to you.
Am currently doing mine now, but I engaged a third party to expedite it for me at the rate of 25k.
If you are interested, you can pm me.

Pls can i have the contact of the person u engaged in ur biz registration?
Re: Business Name Registration... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
You don't need to engage anybody pal. Just go to CAC office nearest to you and apply for a certified true copy of d certificate of biz name registration. Be warned, U may be required to pay d due annual returns. Just give it a try and apply for d ctc. If they insist on paying d annual returns, kindly register a new biz name. That is if paying d annual returns and all d necessary fees is above 10k. Wish U luck man!
Re: Business Name Registration... by eluquenson(m): 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
jangirova:

Pls can i have the contact of the person u engaged in ur biz registration?

Call Musbau on 08023264776, he works at a law firm & his boss has a sure contact at CAC Abuja office, you can do it yourself at CAC Aje street, but you know how Nigeria stuff is, for Name availability it takes minimum of 2wks while with Musbau he did it for just 1 working day, I sent my wife to Aje str but their time lag is too much for me to bear, with the 3rd party I engaged, it is faster.
Re: Business Name Registration... by macklef(m): 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
Thanks bros @sir henry.... I will visit CAC firstfirst
And also @eluquenson...iwill also nid ur guy If d annual exceeds 10k, den i should just forget her biz name, cos in d long run mayb by next yr i would still change it to mine. I only needed hers for Goodwill purposes.
Re: Business Name Registration... by eluquenson(m): 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
macklef: Thanks bros @sir henry.... I will visit CAC firstfirst
And also @eluquenson...iwill also nid ur guy If d annual exceeds 10k, den i should just forget her biz name, cos in d long run mayb by next yr i would still change it to mine. I only needed hers for Goodwill purposes.
Yeah, better still call the number Musbau 08023264776, he may explain to you in details on how to go about it & how you can get tax waiver as well. Just tell him you are from eluquenson, he will advice you on what to do.
Re: Business Name Registration... by etoki: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
call precious 08101897770 and ask her all your questions;she did mine and it was prompt
Re: Business Name Registration... by macklef(m): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
eluquenson:
Yeah, better still call the number Musbau 08023264776, he may explain to you in details on how to go about it & how you can get tax waiver as well. Just tell him you are from eluquenson, he will advice you on what to do.
etoki: call precious 08101897770 and ask her all your questions;she did mine and it was prompt

Una too much guys, the only issue na who to call first lol.
Re: Business Name Registration... by eluquenson(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
macklef:

Una too much guys, the only issue na who to call first lol.

Its up to you to make a decision....its more than advert cos little things count grin

1 Like

Re: Business Name Registration... by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Have you hugged a Lawyer today? It is legal.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Loans. / Request For Sisal For Export / Business For Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.