Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,335 members, 7,943,828 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

A Strange Mentality Concerning The Presidency In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Strange Mentality Concerning The Presidency In Nigeria (400 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Strange Mentality Concerning The Presidency In Nigeria by MajeMedia: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
People are always likely to create the fantasy presidential and vice presidential candidates this time of the year.
What I find strange is they always follow the same pattern

if the they have a candidate from the north, and one from the south, the northerner is always president, regardless of qualification, and the southerner vice. If it's a double southern ticket, the SW candidate is always made president over the SS or eastern candidate, and I've never seen someone draft a fantasy SE SS candidature. This is all regardless of seniority, experience and viability.

Are we subconsciously convinced that 'born to rule' is correct? I've seen highly talented people like Fashola, Donald Duke and now Amaechi, poised as vice presidential candidates, a seat that gives no room for them to flex their talents, while Kwankwaso, Buhari, Ribadu, and Sule Lamido, all of whom are good but no where near the achievers of the previously listened, are poised as the presidential candidates. Though many feel the seat should return to the north and thus why the skew the listing, this is typical with ever election we face.

(1) (Reply)

Women In Oil Scam? / NNPC Staff Protest Planned Sale Of Refineries / Pension Theft: Trial Adjourned Till Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.