Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,165 members, 7,903,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative (47679 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Muazu Says Letter Giving EFCC Order To Go After Tinubu, Atiku, nd others is fake / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by khattab02: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2013
ennon92: The letter pain am, con enter hin bone
lol
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by deletrue: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2013
dinachi: @ OP Obasanjo is a lion that dosen't roar all the time. When he roars all other lesser animals best be concerned. Every government that Obasanjo has ever confronted openly always ends ignobly. Check the stats from Babangida and Abacha. THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END! Yes I said it.
Never! Not from that primitive old for nothing man. But do you know that Obasanjo was highly favoured by God to become the likes of Mandela? All those things to make this unreasonable man a great Nigerian were made available to him but for where? He only talks before thinking. What a pity for these golden opportunities that were thrown into high sea. He was a five star army general, a president for two terms, a very senior man. You can imagine the level he was expected to attain. A loss per cent to all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by miqos02(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva: Angry Jonathan replies Obasanjo, says letter self-serving, provocative

A statement by the president’s aide, Reuben Abati, said the allegations by the former president were “baseless and indecorous.”

The statement said Mr. Jonathan has directed his aides not to respond to the barrage of attacks and allegations from Mr. Obasanjo, listed in an 18-page letter exclusively published by PREMIUM TIMES.

Mr. Jonathan will personally respond to the charges at the “appropriate time”, the statement said.

This thread headline is misleading since the statement says mr jonathan will respond at the appropriate time

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by andyanders: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him. Anyway, GEJ "doesn't give a damn"
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.[/b]

You are right my brother because they know they are corrupt and there is nothing that can be done unless we Nigerians confront our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by niyitogun(m): 11:53am On Dec 12, 2013
i believe Jonathan is still the "best" democratic president Nigeria has had. He may be performing below average and badly but his predecessors were far worse (except you chose to be sentimental)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by khattab02: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2013
kennytidistar: caution! the ring master (chief obj )..is doing what he knows How to do best. all of them including apc leaders will jointly called for the elongation of Jonathan tenure or rig election in his favour and allow innocent and jobless youth to keep themselves busy over their poo.
some element of truths there. True talk, somehow.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by juman(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2013
Aka ne.

it's insincere letter.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by dharamanil(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2013
Thes same obj that that wrecked Nigeria is now complaining of jonah. Its such a shame that this is happening... OBJ of all pple. Even presidents of other nations knws him. Tufiaaa

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by andyanders: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2013
deletrue: Never! Not from that primitive old for nothing man. But do you know that Obasanjo was highly favoured by God to become the likes of Mandela? All those things to make this unreasonable man a great Nigerian were made available to him but for where? He only talks before thinking. What a pity for these golden opportunities that were thrown into high sea. He was a five star army general, a president for two terms, a very senior man. You can imagine the level he was expected to attain. A loss per cent to all Nigerians

My brother, Obasanjo is a complete foool. He is not ashamed of himself coming on air to even say that he was advising Mandela to contest for another election and the man declined and told him to his face' if he Obasanjo can show him any man at 80 yrs still ruling his country. Only a fool like him can sell that idea to a polished man like Mandela.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by moscobabs(m): 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
so Who's that id10t comparing GEJ with Our one and only Madiba?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by fagin1982(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
deletrue: Never! Not from that primitive old for nothing man. But do you know that Obasanjo was highly favoured by God to become the likes of Mandela? All those things to make this unreasonable man a great Nigerian were made available to him but for where? He only talks before thinking. What a pity for these golden opportunities that were thrown into high sea. He was a five star army general, a president for two terms, a very senior man. You can imagine the level he was expected at attain. A loss per cent to all Nigerians

God Bless you DeleTrue - You see above the ordinary - Atimes when I listen and read whr gullible minds sulogize Obasanjo , I only bend my head in shame and shake it ...

Obasanjo is the most Daft and empty President that has ruled this Country both Old and New ..Take you time and read about the Life of this Old Man Obasanjo ...His days as an Ordinary Officer in the Army , His cowardice during the Nigeria Civil War , and His record breaking looting. For 8years as President ..Someone that had the best Opportunity more than every other Leader to Lead Nigeria right ,yet He wasted his years both in the Army and as a Politician - What positive impact has OBJ brought along the parts of Nigeria , Nothing I can remember ...This was the same President in the name of Privatization messed most of our Corporations up and looted us dry ....This was the same president that killed His own Friend Bola Ige in the name of Politics , A man without shame slept with his own daughter in-law ....A man who rigged elections and even wanted to extend his stay as the president for the 3rd time

How can we Nigerians forget in a hurry who this Man is ...On what Moral grounds do we stand and listen to his pack of lies ...A Man that should be grateful to God for keeping him .....If he was that great , why was he relegated to the back seats among Presidents .......
Everyone knows he stinks ...

He is the last person to advise GEJ - Let him shut his mouth and retire to his Hilltop house and wait patiently there until his creator calls him

For me as a Nigerian ....OBJ is worst than the criminal on the street

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocelot2006(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
tomakint: @Taharqa and oldenglish may ur days be long in the land of the living and may u c the Nigeria of ur dreams! I have always maintained that majority of Nigerians are suffering from collective amnesia, if not why, how can somebody like Obj be a judge in a case he was part of. He has all the necessary supports (both home and abroad) to fix Nigeria during his tyrannical 8years yet he couldn't! Jonathan, despite the propaganda and boko haram onslaught had achieved more than Obj undecided what a shame!

My brother, you have said it all! Truely, most posters here on this thread and a number of Nigerians definitely have the memory span of a gnat. The is a stark difference between the OBJ administration and that of GEJ. it's so obvious cos the later has been able to achieve a lot in just a short span of 3 YEARS (despite the security challenges faced from day one) compared to the former's 8 YEARS that was riddled with do-or-die elections, unresolved political assassinations, decayed infrastructures, gross embezzlement of public funds, and corruption that stank to the highest heavens.

But I think I know why GEJ faces all these challenges and it's simple: apart from the fact that some Nigerians have low memory spans of insects and are a bunch of impatient brats, they detest the fact that the CinC and President is quite and humble. They dont like that cos they have this silly impression that he's a pushover. They'll rather go for a brash, loud mouth, criminal who talks more and act less, but detest quiet performers who would rather think through a problem and proffer lasting solutions.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by anytexy: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Believe it or not. It is all about 2015 Personal interest. Obj wants to install a nothern president as he promised them. Forgate about corruption issue. They are birds of the same..... He is just saying it to score cheap political point. Obj, ibb, Atiku( petrulium trust fund) etc. All of them suppose to be in jail by now. But for the fact that GEJ may has 2015 ambition. He does't want to step on toes now. My thought.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by mafioso47(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
eastman11: Obasajo is the major problem this country has, he has for the past two yrs been working against this govt and projecting Lamido to be president.
An old man who should promote peace just like Mandela is still playing dirty politics. His sins will soon catch up him.
because he hasn't been tried fr any case since he left office, that's why he has guts to say crap anywhere, anytime to anybody #period
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by callmenow: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
@ceo4eva is turning out to be an internet troll. Politics is heating up the polity. Most of these is to do with 2015. The campaign to FORCE Jonathan to concede the presidency to the North is in full swing with the usual suspects. APC are enjoying all these. Tambuwal must show his hand (The heir apparent?). OBJ should also show his hand (The godfather to Tambuwal?), instead of skulking. Now it is confirmed that OBJ wrote the disobliging letter to his anointed successor, but one, we can see what is playing out. Jonathan refuses to be a stooge. OBJ is a shameless, cowardice and ingratiating buffoon. During his administration, Danjuma, Andy Uba, Fani-Kayode and a host of others became dollar billionaires. No investigation about how these failures suddenly became made men. We have written to NASS to probe these men and their wealth. Nothing has ever been done. OBJ held Hamza Mustapha in detention for eight years. He razed ODI and many other places, killing thousands extra judicially. To date, none of the human rights organisation or NASS has investigated and or prosecuted OBJ for crimes against humanity. I am so angry with OBJ to go on for his sanctimonious misguided lecturing. Corruption in Nigeria. $50 Billion missing at NNPC. NNPC has accounted fully for their part as of yesterday. The FIRS has half explained that most of their over Trillion Naira tendered to CBN earlier is from Crude Oil Royalty. Other agencies has tendered their accounts. Dr Iweala and Mrs Madueke continued to be smeared. The International media has now got involved with false information because of the coverage of the involvement of Obasanjo as you can see below. It is possible that the Boko Haram insurgents that claim that they will make Nigeria ungovernable as long as a southern Christian is up there will finally achieve their aim. Instead of focusing on the issues, personal attacks, especially character assassinations gather's pace. Perhaps the military who are itching to return to governance will be encouraged. Then @ceo4Eva will be granted his wish. ELECTION 2015 is going to be a defining point for Nigeria.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0410ec3a-6273-11e3-bba5-00144feabdc0.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by frodobee: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo:
If you had brain even as small as a mustard seed, you would know that the coordinated attack by the three of thrm means the attacks are planned and coordinated.
And it all get leaked to the same Premiumtimes. Even Sahara has gone silent these days or are they planning another ambush.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Dee60: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tyranny grows in the face of silence!

I have wondered why our past leaders have failed to condemn the apparent coma and motionlessness that the country has been plunged into. Now OBJ spoke,, and he is being condemned. The President should bother himself to find out how a private letter leaked to the press. Some of these so called 'trusted aides' may in fact be the moles!

President, deliver and shame your detractors. At this moment, if you care to know the truth, most Nigerians are tired of the putrid, odious smell coming out of the rock and Okups and Abats have only helped to compound your problem and to damage your reputation beyond redemption.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Princess2be(f): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
See Traffic

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by easyz(m): 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
niyitogun: i believe Jonathan is still the "best" democratic president Nigeria has had. He may be performing below average and badly but his predecessors were far worse (except you chose to be sentimental)

Pls are u a Nigerian? If YES

it seems u don't leave in naija.

Things are getting worse.

God have mercy on us. Amin
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ekaromail: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by mkoabiola: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
All dese corrupt politicians ar taken nigeria no where.bot baba and gej.
I don't gv a dam,all I want is my 3square meal.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by sunny63(m): 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Y OBJ is barking is cos GEJ refuse 2 remit money his account.GEJ bridged d agreement b/w him n OBJ.GEJ is ready 2 fight corruption dt is y he bridged d agreement.Take a look at Anambra Election OBJ handled andy Uba 2 GEJ 2 make him Governor of Anambra b4 dey can settle d rift bw dem bt GEJ told him clearly dt Anambra election wil b @ plat form of free n fair,dt statement alone provoked OBJ.OBJ wil go a any length 2 pull GEJ down.Dis letter is a fallacious statements

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by femliany(m): 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Counter attack from Ebele side from left to right.......
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by oluxy(m): 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nemesis wil soon come
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by mashaun(m): 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
cooltone: If GEJ is not afraid, why are they blocking people from sharing the link of OBJ's post on Facebook and other social media. Try to share the below link on Facebook.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/docs_download/OBJ-Letter.pdf

now i understand
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by luqmon23: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva, you have spoke well

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by gabbytabby: 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
President Jonathan should look into what OBJ has said and if there is something in there, that he needs to make use of to help him lead better from the front then, he should make use of it.

Is it the same OBJ that was begging for a 3rd term knowing that the constitution said 2 terms. OBJ on the other hand has lost credibility with me cos he swung so far to the other side that he spent his time trying to prove he is not a tribalist by constantly fighting with his own people in the south west and trying to stiffle growth in the region by with-holding funds from the region.

OBJ should let the people of Nigeria know what his achievements were in the 8 years in office. He will then earn the right to be called a true elder stateman.

Politicians all over the world are filled up with people who are power and money hungry. In Nigeria its one group of rogues, followed by another group of rogues. For me what stands out is what they have been able to do to make life easier for the citizenry. I am so proud of President Jonathan that is taking big steps to deal with the electrification issue in the country and hope that he is sucessful at this in the end.

If any one of the rogues is not happy that he is not included in the looting then why should that be my problem??
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Raptureminded(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Who make GSM cheap in Nigeria is nt Obj. Wat av jonathan done.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by bodsibobo(m): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
[size=15pt]I SWEAR TO GOD, I MUST BE OUT OF THIS COUNTRY BY 2015!!!!!!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Waspy(m): 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Jona than case is a classic example of the angel trying to play smart as a demigod.

Why would the party structure of a big party like PDP crush under an administration, just becos of personal aggrandisement? If truly GEJ did not agreed to any 'one term' pact, why would a lot of politicians from his party be against him, to the extent to decamping to other parties, the same pple that were with him before he came to power?

Why can't GEJ allow peace to reign by simply backing down then pick a replacement from his region and support the person, obviously, he is the one pple want out not his party or region

Finally, all allegations levied against GEJ are from pple close to him, pple in his administrtion and pple that got him to power.... Can he deny these allegations becos most of them are obvious already.
I wish Nigerian well and that means i wish GEJ out of that seat... What we need is a sensible and proactive leader whether an Ijaw or an Urhobo or Itshekiri or whatever

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wooo I love dis POLITICAL BEEFING.....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by secnelly: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
I am yet to see a topic, news, post on nairaland that is yet to be tribalised. Even mere news has some sort of sentiments when you read through the comments. which way Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LEAKED: Letters From APC To Senate President Saraki, Speaker Dogara / Tinubu: A.P.C Group Calls For Adoption Of Ezekiel Afunkoyo As Vice President / Femi Akinsanya Walked-out Of Wrecked Plane Before It Caught Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.