Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,985 members, 7,915,877 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:43 AM

Before You Get Married, Think Twice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Get Married, Think Twice (1383 Views)

Woman Attempts Suicide Twice Because Her Lover Married Another Lady / For Those Looking For Guys With 6 Packs,think Twice ( Photo) / Think Twice, Before Letting Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Get Married, Think Twice by JVLI(f): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
I congratulate you, if you are reading this, and if you are not yet married. This topic gives you an opportunity to rethink about your relationship.

What do you want in marriage?
Is the person, you are engaged to, have the capacity to give you?
Do you want a happy and a peaceful home?
Do you know what a relationship really is?

Many people presume that they know about relationship and after getting married, they wish they had not. What led me to this, they thought.

There's a lot in relationship that meets the eye. To have a good home, you must consider this in your relationship.

1. Know that you can't know the all of the one you date. Not even 60%. Surprised? Its true.
2. Consider character, not even beauty. Men have mistaken beautiful women for character. Its not the beauty you live later with, its the character.

Ask yourself, if you hate snoring and incidentally, the one you date snores, will you divorce after marriage?

What attracts you to the one you seem to love now?

Do you know that what attracts you now, may be a bone of contention tomorrow? Only women of virtue and faithful men make a happy home. Beauty fades with time, not even size.

How many men love the shape of their fiancee during courtship and the woman blows up after giving birth in marriage. They feel so disgusted then and there. Mind you, women don't know their bodies until they start giving birth to children. Have you considered all these?

For these are some of what cause problems in marriages. Look beyond the physical. Would you still love him/her for the next 30years?
Have you considered his or her weaknesses? Have you noticed them? Shutting your eyes from this, is 'brewing for trouble' in marriage b'cos you may be disgusted by it later.

Remember, marriage is complementing one another. But we rarely see this, these days and that's why there're so many breakages. We look more on our weaknesses rather than strengths. We focus more on the strength of our lovers during courtship and we love them more. What happens when we get married?

The hidden weaknesses begin to submerge and we begin to ask, what did i even see in you that made me marry you? Where these weaknesses not there before? Of course, they were. But we choose not to see it. Open your eyes wide. Don't force yourself into any relationship.

Remember, its not all relationships that end up in marriage. Remember, A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE.

The difference? You can restart another relationship but not in marriage. A broken marriage is a mar in one's life. Think twice, before you knot the tie. Remember, marriage is a covenant, coupled with responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by raficki87(m): 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
what of if you want to think thrice
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
I couldn't finish the reading undecided www.iamtootired.com angry
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by ochon: 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
@OP, true story. A wonderful and insightful write-up. I concur with almost all your pints

JVLI: 2. Consider character, not even beauty. Men have mistaken beautiful women for character. Its not the beauty you live later with, its the character. Ask yourself, if you hate snoring and incidentally, the one you date snores, will you divorce after marriage? What attracts you to the one you seem to love now? Do you know that what attracts you now, may be a bone of contention tomorrow? Only women of virtue and faithful men make a happy home. Beauty fades with time, not even size

The above quote is what some ladies still haven't decipher about men. The truth is many men during dating or flirting stage will sample and date a lot of beautiful chicks even if their character sucks. As long as they get the daily or weekly bóotycall, they're alright. But when time to settle down reaches, a wise man goes for character(inner beauty), because beauty attracts a man, but won't keep a man. Character/inner beauty keeps a relationship(marriage or not), going strong. So in the long run, the pretty chicks with no good character gets thrown out.

JVLI: Remember, A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE.

Well said. I'd rather remain single than partake in a loveless marriage because the marriage is bound to crash from the get go. Some people make it seem marriage is the greatest achievement of their lives and so go into a marriage they ain't even sure of or love

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by ochon: 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Strauskhan1: I couldn't finish the reading undecided www.iamtootired.com angry

A great man once said, "The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book."
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by EzePromoe: 4:56am On Dec 12, 2013
OP is making marriage sound like a scary piece of sh1t undecided
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 12, 2013
Miss JVLI, Yooo last husband ran away.. Yh? undecided
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by sweettease(f): 6:18am On Dec 12, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by Aafulenu(f): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2013
I wonder what happened to paragraphs
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by Exponental(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2013
On d contrary, marriage is sweet wen u meet ur better half.
Re: Before You Get Married, Think Twice by dnacrystal: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2013
Great article with salient points. But since happy marriages do exist, it's worth giving a try. I would still love to spend the rest of my life with the bone of my bones and the flesh of my flesh when the time comes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 / Valentine Gift For Him Or Her / 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.