Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,997 members, 7,886,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

Alaba Trader With 450g Of Drugs Caught In MMIA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Alaba Trader With 450g Of Drugs Caught In MMIA (540 Views)

Nigerian Student Smuggling 20kg Of Drugs From China Has Been Arrested In Malaysi / Cops Nab Nigerian For Possessing RM120,000 Worth Of Drugs / Popular Alaba Trader WhoTerrorise Lagos & His Gang Arrested For Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alaba Trader With 450g Of Drugs Caught In MMIA by Gracified1: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2013
An electronic dealer at Alaba International market, Lagos State, Darlington Oleunne, has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for attempting to export 450 grammes of methamphetamine to Malaysia.

Oleunne, who was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International, Airport, Ikeja, was said to have ingested the drugs.

NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, who confirmed the arrest, said, “The scanning machine revealed that the suspect ingested drugs during screening of passengers on an Ethiopian Airline flight to Malaysia. During observation, Oleunne excreted 450 grammes of substance that tested positive to methamphetamine.”

Oleunne, however, said, “I was assured that I could make a profit of N5m if I invested N900,000. It was a trial business for me because it is my first time. I also did it because of financial predicament.”

Chairman of the NDLEA, Mr. Ahmadu Giade, called for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers.

He said, “Stiffer punishment would help in reducing cases of drug production and trafficking. We shall prevent drug traffickers from using the country as a transit point for their illicit business. It is sad that a businessman will prefer to invest in criminality when there are countless legitimate businesses.

“I am glad that Oleunne was arrested in Nigeria because of the capital punishment for drug trafficking in Malaysia. His arrest abroad would have added to the number of Nigerian drug convicts in foreign prisons.”

Source - punch ng
Re: Alaba Trader With 450g Of Drugs Caught In MMIA by Burger01(m): 6:22am On Dec 12, 2013
Must we always get rich or die trying

(1) (Reply)

2011 Christmas Day Bomber "Kabiru Sokoto" Sentenced To Life Imprisonment / Madalla Bombing: Kabiru Sokoto Bags Life Imprisonment / Kidnappers Kill Victim After Collecting N1.5m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.