Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,000 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician (733 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / HELP: I'm Deeply In Love With My Boss!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician by ochukoccna: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2008
[size=14pt]Word up landers
Recently had a talking down to by my boss [the MD]
I had told him we seemed to have an electrical fault because i smelt burnt wires so he could call the company's electrician
He asked me if i had traced it and told him no i couldn't trace it [though i hadn't made a move to do so]
When he kept persisting on the tracing, I told him that I'm not an electrician [after all that's why i was intimating him so the electrician could come in]
He suddenly blew his top and started saying I was rude by telling him that
That who did i think I was and all that
Even had to come down to my office to come and warn me personally[Me I just feel he was trying to narrow down the cost he would have to pay the electrician]
Spoke with my colleagues and they didn't seem to see it his way
A friend told me he was just trying to intimidate me
Wetin una feel?
[/size]
Re: Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician by manbravo: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2008
I feel that u should go and learn electrical work to be an electrician grin so that u can fix it next time grin
Re: Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician by echelon(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2008
You should have told him you were afraid of electricity and wouldn't like to receive an electrical shock. In that case, he should stop pestering you based on safety. Of course next time you see a fault, you now know what to do  wink

Even if I can fix the fault, I wouldn't do it if it were an office environment.
Re: Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician by Mustay(m): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy

maybe he was in a bad mood or you didn't present it well undecided
Re: Told my boss :Oga, I'm not an Electrician by ochukoccna: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
echelon:

You should have told him you were afraid of electricity and wouldn't like to receive an electrical shock. In that case, he should stop pestering you based on safety. Of course next time you see a fault, you now know what to do  wink

Even if I can fix the fault, I wouldn't do it if it were an office environment.

Thank you O my brother. No bodi wan die for some peanuts called salary @ month end seeing some1 else would already have gotten your job before the concrete on your casket dries up. Though i finally traced the fault, the electrician still needs to come in but really, I don't give a hoot about it again, if it blows up, so be it.

Mustay:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

maybe he was in a bad mood or you didn't present it well undecided

Probably the bad mood thing though in retrospect what i meant was say was i wasn't well versed in electrical matters. Yet after hearing him out and speaking to others, it boils down to expenses in 2 ways
[1] The electrician         [but if people don't kick the bucket, how will the undertaker feed?]
[2] Employees salaries [remember it's end of the month]

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Reliable Record Deal I Ve Got A Hit.pls / Unizik Alumini In Lagos / It&nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.