Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,370 members, 7,884,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:12 PM

Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews (17906 Views)

Igbo-Jew connection / Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / I’m Sure, Igbo Are Descendants Of The Jews -noam Katz, Israeli Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by AustineE1: 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abum nwa afor,rep. Eziowelle idemilli north of Anambra state!!akanchawa for every true igbo-man...chukwudube ndi-igbo....Eziowelle obodo nnamu,obodo oma,here i come,its been some time...home sick!
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Italiano1: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, i'm not a jew but an IGBOTIC man. Calling ourselves Jews reeks of inferiority complex. Why can't the jews be called IGBOS.

Abi O grin

Jews ko Arabs ni. These people will never fail in entertaining us with their consistent and shallow misunderstanding of their own history. They just make it up as they go along, one day they are the Japan of Africa, the next day they are black Jews. Can an Ibo Intellectual if there are any on NL give us a precise and concise report about who the Igbos are?

I am tired of listening to all these crap-ABA is Japan, Nnnewi is Jerusalem, the next thing they will claim they are from China.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PopeXanderVII: 9:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: why did you bring this trash on the front page ? You did that for people to laugh @ igbo right?

His Intentions are reprehensible.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Atigba: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
This man is bastard he should come to africa and ask his grandfather the history of his people. I wonder why every one is claiming to be jews
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by sCun: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Italiano1:

Abi O grin

Jews ko Arabs ni. These people will never fail in entertaining us with their consistent and shallow misunderstanding of their own history. They just make it up as they go along, one day they are the Japan of Africa, the next day they are black Jews. Can an Ibo Intellectual if there are any on NL give us a precise and concise report about who the Igbos are?

I am tired of listening to all these crap-ABA is Japan, Nnnewi is Jerusalem, the next thing they will claim they are from China.
And you actually believe you guys are descendants of Oduduwa who fell from the sky?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PopeXanderVII: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
They seek to be Jews because they're unimpressed with their Lineage and History.

My Igbo friends, please get rid of this Mentality.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by 01mcfadden(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
I dnt knw a thing about jewish origin..i only know that i'm Igbo to the core representing Isi-Uzo local govt area,Enugu state!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Fulaman198(m): 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: why did you bring this trash on the front page ? You did that for people to laugh @ igbo right?

Absolutely not, I want Africans to be proud of who they are
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Cashio(m): 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
ME.......JEW........OTUOCHA!!!
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by kingthreat(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
sCun: No! Those are trademarks of Yoruba people.
Add armed robbery, incèst, assasination, atm/online fraud and rapè to that long list.

Bros, forget the falsehoood. The crimes Igbo people commit have never been attributed to Jews since the history of the world. Or in the history of the world can you liken any Jew to the Ojukwu who's war strategy starved thousands of children and escaped to a neighboring country disguised as a woman. That is non-Jewish to me.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by mike404(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, i'm not a jew but an IGBOTIC man. Calling ourselves Jews reeks of inferiority complex. Why can't the jews be called IGBOS.
did you listen to what he said

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pope Xander VII: They seek to be Jews because they're unimpressed with their Lineage and History.

My Igbo friends, please get rid of this Mentality.
Mumu. The world started from Israel! The Middle East.

Everybody originated from that land, The Igbos originated from Jews and that they have recognized!

Whay don't you go dig out your roots lost soul? undecided

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by natedroid: 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
I am from Eastern Nigeria and I am Jewish, I had the honour of formerly converting to Judaism while I was out of the country and I know a number of Igbos in Nigeria and in Israel who practice Judaism and identify themselves as Jews.

Some Igbos believe that they are one of the lost tribe of ancient Israel as a result of the striking cultural similarities between the Igbo and Jewish cultures. For example, The Igbos are the only people in black West Africa who circumcise their male child on the 8th day after birth. The commandment of circumcision is a Biblical injunction and Igbos observed this practice even before the advent of the European expedition in West and and the coming of Christianity here.
There are other Igbo customs too that are very similar to Jewish customs. Over the years a number of Igbos who believe that they are descended from ancient Israel have embraced Judaism and started returning to Jewish practice (Judaism). and there are actually a handful of Jewish synagogues scattered across Nigeria.

Converting to Judaism under a recognized and legitimate Rabbinical court is one method of becoming fully Jewish. Personally I have been formerly converted by a Rabbinical Court and like other Jews in other part of the world I am recognized as a Jew irrespective of my colour and I am also eligible to migrate to Israel should I wish to since Israel was created as a homeland for the Jewish people and eagerly welcomes back home any Jew who chooses to live in Israel.

There is truth and light in the Torah! shalom

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PopeXanderVII: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: Mumu. The world started from Israel! The Middle East.

Everybody originated from that land, The Igbos originated from Jews and that they have recognized!

#TeamGOM

You claim to be Jewish and you're calling me a Lost Soul?! Irony!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
kingthreat: Are Jews also into kidnapping, baby trade, drug trafficking and other gruesome crimes we see on Nairaland?
The Overwhelming stupidity reflecting from this post can blind an inncocent born.

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2013

#TeamGOM

seriously dude undecided

You can do better than that. .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PopeXanderVII: 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
natedroid:
I am from Eastern Nigeria and I am Jewish, I had the honour of formerly converting to Judaism while I was out of the country and I know a number of Igbos in Nigeria and in Israel who practice Judaism and identify themselves as Jews.

Some Igbos believe that they are one of the lost tribe of ancient Israel as a result of the striking cultural similarities between the Igbo and Jewish cultures. For example, The Igbos are the only people in black West Africa who circumcise their male child on the 8th day after birth. The commandment of circumcision is a Biblical injunction and Igbos observed this practice even before the advent of the European expedition in West and and the coming of Christianity here.
There are other Igbo customs too that are very similar to Jewish customs. Over the years a number of Igbos who believe that they are descended from ancient Israel have embraced Judaism and started returning to Jewish practice (Judaism). and there are actually a handful of Jewish synagogues scattered across Nigeria.

Converting to Judaism under a recognized and legitimate Rabbinical court is one method of becoming fully Jewish. Personally I have been formerly converted by a Rabbinical Court and like other Jews in other part of the world I am recognized as a Jew irrespective of my colour and I am also eligible to migrate to Israel should I wish to since Israel was created as a homeland for the Jewish people and eagerly welcomes back home any Jew who chooses to live in Israel.

There is truth and light in the Torah! shalom

Amazing! I've heard it all.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by mike404(m): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2013

#TeamGOM
HELP ME TELL THOSE PHOOLISH IJIOT WAHT THEY WANNA HEAR BRO
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
I am ashamed of my Igbo brothers. I can't believe that we as a tribe could associate ourselves with a tyrant nation like Isreal. It's such a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by kingthreat(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: The Overwhelming stupidity reflecting from this post can blind an inncocent born.

#TeamGOM

Call me whatever, there are some crimes commited in this world that remain exclusive to those from the East of the Niger. Statistics tell it all. So please don't drag the Jews into this. They don't have the likes of Osisikanu, Otokoto, Derico, etc in their tribe.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by POPEII: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Absolutely not, I want Africans to be proud of who they are
next time bring your fulani brothers who claim coming from Somali, Saudi Arabia and Bagdad okay? angry angry so because of one confused, demented and deluded pseudo Igbo you want to say that +40.000.000 people are not proud of what they are and have inferiority complex? What of Fulani who think they are Arabs?
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by oduaboy1: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ibos are the lost tribe of isreal and you people shall forever be lost.

Deluded ibos.Always attaching themselves to other people to feel a false of importance.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

You claim to be Jewish and you're calling me a Lost Soul?! Irony!
Are you this devoid of common sense??

We originated from the Jews but now in Africa, we mixed with y'all and now we are ''Nigerians''

You still expect us to act holy like our ancestors? And who the hell told you Jews don't insult people MUMU

#TeamGOM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Awujale At 90: Tinubu Confers GCON Award On Oba Sikiru Adetona / Oluwo Of Iwo Denied Rumour Of Not Allowed Into Vip Area At Eagles Square / Oba Lawrence Adetemi Omowole Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.