Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,816 members, 7,906,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:14 PM

Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? (22113 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by DKJaleel: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Oyinprince: a bodyguard is mor dan dt.bt if a pastor feel he nids it,he suld take measures 2 provide imself physical security
what for?? I thought sugardaddy's skydaddy's God's security is greater than any others'...abi??
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by DKJaleel: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Joagbaje: Security is just a simple common sense. Certain measure may be taken when there's security concern . It is simple common sense. Jesus took security measures when such need arose . Paul took security measures when such need arose.

ehn ehn...and what happened to the supreme security?? If Jesus being God and/or the only son, and paul the supreme messenger still needs security, doesn't that in itself raise some questions??
If a man of God feel the need of measures in the face of robbery , assassin or kidnappers , he is free to take such measure according to his level of faith.
meaning okotie for e.g, has a low level of faith abi??
That doesn't take away prayers.
what's now the use??
Because after all theses measures have been taken . We don't put faith in them.
then why take them??
Safety is still by God.
as evidenced in those that died in church bombings..
But the physical measures cAn prevent some evil
grin

by God's standards, your statement is flawed sir...

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Oyinprince(m): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Gombs:

Mr Reyginus, the next question is for N5million ....You have 50 50, phone Kunle, or ask the audience.

Why was Peter carrying a sword when Jesus was to be arrested?

(A) because he wss a butcher
(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief
(D) he was carrying it as a body guard

Goodluck
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

Our only Mod grin

O ka re Modi, sa ma se ise re lo
dayummm. macof speaking in tongues again tongue
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by infonubia(m): 5:39am On Dec 15, 2013
DK Jaleel:
olumba olumba sef sure pass them...
lol
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 7:01am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Mr Reyginus, the next question is for N5million ....You have 50 50, phone Kunle, or ask the audience.

(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief

Goodluck
Did Jesus arrange men in the force to do that? Or trained,buildt men? To protect him in the first instance?! Shebi he know what as gon happen...

Peter was a disciple!!! He was there while Jesus was being arrested and the played defense!! Not a body guard...

If you as an apprentice, wouldn't you pick up something to defend ya oga if area boys were fighting him? Does that make you his body guard?!!

Bodyguards main job is to protect their bosses... was that Peter's main work to Jesus?

With this,i say your question is wack!

Anyways,your option d tho!

He was there as a disciple who's ready to defend his master!!.. not protect him in the literal meaning of a bodyguard..

11 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Spotless180(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief

Goodluck
the answer is option D. Simple i think.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 7:10am On Dec 15, 2013
@op ....
May God save us from this kleg mog ehn!!

If to say I went to this mr or even any other pastor to seek his opinion on using a red cloth to tie my properties to scare thieves away ..
"except the lord watches the watchman watches but in vain",, isn't that going to be part if his preaching against my action?!

They prefer to be protected by machine guns when the bible said fear not him that can kill the body but fear him that can take away the soul!... na wah
If what I heard about rccg go Is true! Then same applies to him..

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Spotless180(m): 7:19am On Dec 15, 2013
Why will a christian fence his or her house?
Why would a christian sleep at night without leaving his or her door opened?
Why should christian protect offering and tithe box?
Why do they put doors in church?
Why would a christian take drugs when sick?

5 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Was it not this same pastor Chris who said "heaven helps those who help themselves" when confronted with the bodyguards ish.
Tell me what message is he trying to pass across?!
Any so called Christain that supports this act is a hypocrite!! Tsw

Even oyedepo!... oga oo!

An innocent mind can easily be deceived into thinking that temples should be the safest and most secure places one could ever think of.

We naively believe that the intention of anyone who goes into the temple is to repair their broken relationship with God.

One can, therefore, be excused for assuming that the temple is the safest and most secure place.
But with this acts of so clalled mog, haven't they demonstrated that the temple ain't safe and secured? So when coming,hold something .knives? CharmS?!

@gombs,,So I ask,if Jesus was alive today would he employ bodyguards?

7 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 7:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: Why will a christian fence his or her house?
Why do they put doors in church?
LOL!...
till thy kingdom come,your questions shall be answered!!

Anyways what has this gotta do with employing manpower?!
Christians should in fact not wear sweaters in the cold right?! Pttff!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Spotless180(m): 7:55am On Dec 15, 2013
quivah:
LOL!...
till thy kingdom come,your questions shall be answered!!

Anyways what has this gotta do with employing manpower?!
Christians should in fact not wear sweaters in the cold right?! Pttff!
what is wrong in being security conscious?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2013
quivah:
Did Jesus arranged men in the force to do that? Or trained,build men? To protect him in the first instance?! Shebi he know what as gon happen...

Peter was a disciple!!! He was there while Jesus was being arrested and the played defense!! Not a body guard...

If you as an apprentice, wouldn't you pick up something to defend ya oga if area boys were fighting him? Does that make you his body guard?!!

Bodyguards main job is to protect their bosses... was that Peter's main work to Jesus?

With this,i say your question is wack!

Anyways,your option d tho!

He was there as a disciple who's ready to defend his master!!.. not protect him in the literal meaning of a bodyguard..

You either choose an option or just roll over. Thank for your time tho.. let me ask another question

Ms quivah, the next question is for 10million naira, you have 50 50, phone frosbel or ask the audience.

Why was Peter, James and John with Jesus almost ALL the time?

(A) they were the smartest (na dem go school pass)
(B) they were the holiest (them no be like mattew that ws once a tax collector)
(C) they were the coolest disciples to b with (they had swag n were so cute)
(D) they could pray harder than the rest (emm, na dem sleep pass for the garden sha, but lets overlook that one)
(E) they were guarding him (they were ex fisher men ho were obviously Muscular)

Goodluck.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did Jesus do any evil to have enemies? Did paul do any evil to have assassins sent after him?

Why did Jesus escape being lynched by muderrers?

It's better to prevent evil than escaping evil . Do you know how many times paul suffered robbery? Security is common sense. The Lord is still our shepherd .

When Jesus got security information that assassins were out for him. He refused to go down to Judaea . Was that cowardness ? . It's common sense . The Lord is still our shepherd.

John 7:1
. . .for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
a god is afraid his own creation would kill him.

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: the answer is option D. Simple i think.

Correct. You have 5 million naira, and complete life line. The next quetion is for 10 million

Would it be wrong for a pastor or pope or minister of the gospel to use bodyguards if he deems it so?

(A) yes, it is
(B) no, it isn't
(C) umm, I'm not sure
(D) I think if criminals can use body guards, why not MOGs? *just thinking out loud o
(E) I'd walk away with my N5million

Goodluck
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: Why will a christian fence his or her house?
[size=16pt] Why do they put doors in church? [/size]

Bros thank you, no mind some folks....
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by PopeXanderVII: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2013
A singer becomes a Pastor overnight.

Only in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by MrWizzo(m): 8:14am On Dec 15, 2013
They don't need anybody guard becos god is enuf to protect them, unless the don't believe in the god dey serve.

Imagine t.b joshua with body guards..
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Dygeasy(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by KwoiZabo(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did Jesus do any evil to have enemies? Did paul do any evil to have assassins sent after him?

Why did Jesus escape being lynched by muderrers?

It's better to prevent evil than escaping evil . Do you know how many times paul suffered robbery? Security is common sense. The Lord is still our shepherd .

When Jesus got security information that assassins were out for him. He refused to go down to Judaea . Was that cowardness ? . It's common sense . The Lord is still our shepherd.

John 7:1
. . .for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him
I now know that this joagbaje is a greedy, money thiefing tithe collecting, fraudulent man of god.
Jesus had enemies because he spoke the truth about sabbath, religious rights, tithes etc (Matt 21:45, Matt 23:13 etc) which the Pharisees and Sadducees like you are not comfortable with but he did not use security to protect himself.

Jesus escaped being lynched by murderers miraculously, God protected him because his time was not yet come when the time was right they arrested him and killed him.

Paul suffered robbery just as everybody would because he was doing God's work. The work of God reduced him from a lawyer to a tent maker but today's pastors (which i know you are one of them) go from unemployed to millionaires.

The sword peter was carrying was not to fight it was part of what they carried as they moved about that's why when peter used it wrongly Jesus told him that 'he that lives by the sword dies by the sword' (Matt 26:52)

Security info or not Matt 26:55 clearly states that Jesus never carried any security. ' Are you come out as against a thief with swords and staves to take me? i sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.' that tells you how simple Jesus lived his life. NO BODY GUARD

Finally, Jesus said in Luke 12:4 & 5 - And i say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, ... but he that can kill the body and cast the soul in HELL.

A word is enough for the sagacious

11 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:16am On Dec 15, 2013
[size=24pt]BODYGUARD?

MEN OF GOD SHOULD BE CRUCIFIED , JUST LIKE THE FIRST so-called MAN OF GOD 'JESUS'[/size]
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by kittykollinxx(m): 8:18am On Dec 15, 2013
During the missionary days I didn't read or heard that any missionary man of God seek protection in any form of power except that of God and during that they are more vulnerable to spiritual attack. I doubt the call of any pastor wu seeks power outside the word of God
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Jumong01(m): 8:18am On Dec 15, 2013
Not necessary.....BECAUSE GOD WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE POSITION TO PROTECT A MAN OF GOD
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2013
Yeah if that pastor has contested in the election,has 2 ex-wives....e.t.c undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2013
Simple.

Someone has to protect the 'MOG' against 'Evil spirits' .

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by kittykollinxx(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2013
Whenever the lord say's it's time to die his bodyguards cannot save him

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Hakeem3(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Na WaO see as una dey ague una no even Bible again...wich 1 we go con Believe nau.? Hmm
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by chocolateme(f): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2013
I don't think so but most times especially in Nigeria, the fact that terrorism, kidnappings and the high rate of crime in the society is becoming unbearable, most of them decided to be moving with bodyguards. Though most do that out of selfishness and trying to meet up. Its for God to judge all shaa.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by toprealman: 8:23am On Dec 15, 2013
I am not a religious bigot. I cannot listen to God's word under such an environment created by
Okotie. The situation would have been different if he was hosting say a crusade in Gombe and he needed some security for the menace of Boko haram.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Dannylux: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief

Goodluck

Jesus hadn't no idea Peter was carrying any knife at that moment, so it'd be inappropriate to tag him a bodyguard or whatever is in your options.

He was only looking at for him notwithstanding Jesus never wanted that!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Dannylux:

Jesus hadn't no idea Peter was carrying any knife at that moment, so it'd be inappropriate to tag him a bodyguard or whatever is in your options.

He was only looking at for him notwithstanding Jesus never wanted that!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i thought he was the all-knowing god.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bristow Crash Survivors Testify That T.B Joshua’s Morning Water Saved Them / How Giving Just N200 Got Me N5000 / APC Will Rule Nigeria Beyond 2019, Says Guru Maharaj Ji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.