Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52544 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 2:10am On Dec 17, 2013
fruityjojo:
Well if Jesus himself can tell his deciples dat mary is their Mother den who are u 2 say odawise! Cos we are all deciples of Jesus!
John 19:26-27: When Jesus saw his mother, and the
disciples whom he loved standing near, he said to his
mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" Then he said
to the disciples, "Behold, your mother!" And from
that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
& if the bible can say ALL GENERATIONS shall call her bleSsed! Who are u 2 say odawise! Or her you not a generation of God?
Luke 1:48: for he has regarded the low estate of his
handmaiden. Jesus d bible said
And you Mary A Spear shall pierce through your own heart too.
Firstly No Bible on earth said God told marry she will be blessed in all generation,Mary was just singing.Secondly am still trying to get the actual verse that Jesus said to mary and john,meet ur mother and son meet ur mother,Do you know even Jesus refer to mary as that Woman
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fruityjojo(f): 2:31am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly No Bible on earth said God told marry she will be blessed in all generation,Mary was just singing.Secondly am still trying to get the actual verse that Jesus said to mary and john,meet ur mother and son meet ur mother,Do you know even Jesus refer to mary as that Woman
I knew u were goin to say sm lie or fabricate smtin, did u dwell on d verses I gave? Do u have a BiBle? I loved dat u said dat lie cos Now I know what you are & ur heart is already blocked 2 hearing or reading any thing even directly frm d Bible.Jesus nevaa called Mary "THAT"! u haven't said a single sentence with reference to d bible! Please wat do u study? What is your doctrine? No need 2 answer back. All dat is clear to my self & my doctrine is dat
Mary is the daughter of God the Father, the bride of the
Holy Spirit, and the mother of Jesus & she is blessed amoung women as supported by d bible.pls dnt qoute me again.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by QUINEDO(f): 2:33am On Dec 17, 2013
@ poster,nobody is a fool,and am not here to condem any religion or whatsoever,just do what you know is right.your conscience should be your judge.travelling across the nation,we see different denominations with their principles and laws,you are suppose to do this and not that,and the list goes on.........yet we are all praying to one God who does not have a counterpart,we study the same bible,yet different churches have their own interpretation.so you as a bible believing christian should appraise your self,and do what is right,without condemnation to other churches or denominations.the end shall tell......
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 2:49am On Dec 17, 2013
fruityjojo:
Well if Jesus himself can tell his deciples dat mary is their Mother den who are u 2 say odawise! Cos we are all deciples of Jesus!
John 19:26-27: When Jesus saw his mother, and the
disciples whom he loved standing near, he said to his
mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" Then he said
to the disciples, "Behold, your mother!" And from
that hour the disciple took her to his own
darling theres nothing great abt the verse John 19:26-27 its like telling someone to take care or ur kids cos ur closer to them than ur other families,remeber that verse ended with '' From that time on,this disciple took her into his home'' pls not it was just 1 diciple not all. Mary is just like Hannah,the only significant role she played was the Birth of Christ,Esther played a more greater role in the bible.Even Christ first miracle was her mistake cos read this S-L-O-W-L-Y John 2:4''Dear Woman,why do you involve me?'' Jesus Replied. ''My time has not yet Come''
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by glamoureze(m): 2:52am On Dec 17, 2013
Chibest2000: Gud 1! U have said it all woman, nothing more 2 add n am sure they know dis chapters b4 now bt their low sense of reasoning n ignorance of d mysteries in catholic doctrines will nt allow dem understand better.
lemmi explain that portion of the Bible for you. Am sure your explaining based on what your revd father told u. My dear, imagine your mum who carried u for nine months asking for a favour in public. Something u know u can do with ease. Will u deny her of the favour cos of your personal reasons?? Now apostle Paul n the remaining apostles never mentioned Mary or begged her to intercede for them especially in their time of distress. They never preached about Mary or any one interceding for us. Apostle Paul went on to say that If anyone should preach a gospel that's different from what dey preached, he will be condemned. He said even if he himself should come back n preach something that's different from what he preached, let him be condemned. And for those of you that r wondering if d angels r greater than us, the Bible says just like the Father is greater than the Son so is man greater than the angels. A true Christian can command any angel. Angels work for u.... We r all learning. I respect Mary n b honour her. It's not easy to accept such a task just like it wasn't easy for Abraham to make up his kind in sacrificing his only son before he had other sons.... Everybody's work on earth is unique n Important. Yours is not more Important than mine... Same as mine is not more important than yours. ... We should also honour king David. Jesus is a descendant of David remember. Now assuming David was not a king. What would have happened to Joseph n Mary Coming together. My dear God knows the d end from the beginning. He had chosen Mary even before she was born. In other words she was not chosen cos she was the only virgin that was holy in the whole of planet earth. I can continue to yarn n yarn. But I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 2:59am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=fruityj I loved dat u said dat lie cos Now I know what you are & ur heart is already blocked 2 hearing or reading any thing even directly frm d Bible.Jesus nevaa called Mary "THAT"! u haven't said a single sentence with reference to d bible! Please wat do u study? What is your doctrine? No need 2 answer back. All dat is clear to my self & my doctrine is dat
Mary is the daughter of God the Father, the bride of the
Holy Spirit, and the mother of Jesus & she is blessed amoung women as supported by d bible.pls dnt qoute me again.[/quote] darling even if ur Bible is written in chinese or Korean,pls translate it and Read Luke 1:46-48,dont mislead peoply by saying Mary was told that all generations will call her blessed
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 3:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Time for Bed,make i leave God matter for God,he can fight his battles.Final Goodnite advice-Jesus is the way,the light and the truth,Nobody goes to the father except thru him
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by megasoul: 3:16am On Dec 17, 2013
Exodus 20

4“You shall not make for yourself an
image in the form of anything
in heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below.
5 You shall not bow down to
them or worship them; for I, the
LORD your God, am a jealous
God, punishing the children for
the sin of the parents to the
third and fourth generation of
those who hate me, 6 but
showing love to a thousand
generations of those who love
me and keep my
commandments.

Am I missing something here? is this (2nd commandment) still valid?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 3:23am On Dec 17, 2013
megasoul: Exodus 20
4“You shall not make for yourself an
image in the form of anything
in heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below.
5 You shall not bow down to
them or worship them; for I, the
LORD your God, am a jealous
God, punishing the children for
the sin of the parents to the
third and fourth generation of
those who hate me, 6 but
showing love to a thousand
generations of those who love
me and keep my
commandments.
Am I missing something here? is this (2nd commandment) still valid?
GBAM Am waiting for Answer to this Question

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by chadnezzar0worl(m): 3:35am On Dec 17, 2013
[i][/i]best post so far! Got me thinking as a catholic! If d honor or worship of Mary was so important, then after the death of jesus, none of the apostles continued neither was it stated as a commandment in any of jesus or disciples teachings, not even Paul or Peter ever said we hail Mary in all their epistles, or jesus state it, the only emphasis was on knowing him as the only access to God, been reading my Bible lately, nd this Mary stuff doesn't add up anymore!
gbrown:
bros there is no need to rain insults on people, we all seek the truth, i was once a catholic, the worship of mother and son dates back to the kingdom of nenevih, nimrod and the mother semiramis are the originators of this practice they even had priest who acted as intermediaries between the people and the sun god, thier are so many things catholics undulged in that are not in conformity with the bible
*catholics pray to Mary to intercede on thier behalf
*catholics pray to saints to intercede on thier behalf
*the Roman catholic bible contains the apocryphal which is not included in the king James version
*catholics believe in purgatory
my beloved brother, i have moved with seminarians and priest believe me they are very human, i dont want to go into gory details,
bros,whichever way you look at it, it,s wrong to worship or pray to Mary, i,ll suggest you research on d ancient worship of the sun god by the Romans you will see striking similaritie,
finally, my bros, lets look up to Christ the author and finisher of our faith, it,s not every doctrine we accept it must be bible compliant, may the peace of the lord be with you, i guess u wanna know if i honour Mary?yes i do so in my own unique way, i say thank u lord for Mary who was found worthy if not for her mankind would have been lost, bros it ends there, i will never worship or pray to Mary that,s idolatry it,s unscriptural

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Jeffy1206(m): 3:42am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: honestly all humans are greater than all angels,reason is we are created in Gods image
are u people blind? God said let us create man in our image. He never said in my image... In fact who was He talking to? My people died because of lack of knowledge cry
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Charlesamino:
Did God say all generations shall call dm blessed? Mind u we dnt worship mary,y is ur mind so set on ds,try take some correctn & try 2 b objectiv/open minded

Was it God or Mary that made the statement..all generations shall call me blessed?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ramalot(m): 4:38am On Dec 17, 2013
smiley
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by nnamdibig(m): 4:39am On Dec 17, 2013
[@=fijiano202]

And you don't know the part of bible that Jesus said that I and my father are one?? U thinking Catholics using pictures of Mary is wrong, what of Living faith members, SCOAN members, redeem members using pictures of there general overseer Even Christ embassy and most penticostals those that and what do you call that? I'll rather use the image of who you and I believe she is the mother of our savior that to use the picture of a pastor of even the image of a priest.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by 99cent: 4:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Bitter Truth about Blessed Virgin Mary

1. Virgin Mary was a young GIRL. she wasn't a woman by today's standards. She was no older than 14 yrs old according to historical documents. In fact, she was probably around 9 yrs old.

2. The Catholic church is full of crap. They "honor" virgin Mary yet no woman is allowed to become a leader in the Catholic church. dumbasses. how can you honor virgin mary when all you are doing is bowing down to her pictures and images like idolators. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, so you do onto me" If you want to honor virgin mary, then you will honor women all over the world. instead of just worshipping mary pictures and treating all other women as unworthy of leadership.

catholic church is the only one that does not allow female priests, leaders. Other churches have female pastors etc. those are the churches that truly honor mary and women in general.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by dammmy(m): 4:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Empredboy: U dnt knw d bible. Jesus is God n dats y catholic cald mary mother of God. John 1:1
Do you think as mighty as God is...He will come to earth through a humanbeing...Dont you think he can just come down from heaven and walk to the people of Jerusalem....Or you don't think he can do that.....the miracle of Mary mother of Jesus(PBUH) is as great as dat of a very old women who conceive at menopause....Majority of us was born into a religion and we never seek the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by 99cent: 4:46am On Dec 17, 2013
dammmy: Do you think as mighty as God is...He will come to earth through a humanbeing...Dont you think he can just come down from heaven and walk to the people of Jerusalem....Or you don't think he can do that.....the miracle of Mary mother of Jesus(PBUH) is as great as dat of a very old women who conceive at menopause....Majority of us was born into a religion and we never seek the truth.

don't mind them.
God has no mother or father. Mary is just a physical/earthy mother but nothing in the spiritual sense.
She had no significance after the birth. In fact, Jesus turned her away later on.

catholic church dwells on the physical. spiritual matters do not concern them. Why do you think they rely so much on images, pictures, and physical symbols, rosaries, communion with bread and all of that is placed as more important than the spiritual matters etc.
they would rather eat bread and drink wine to celebrate jesus than accept that the holy ghost and speaking in tongues exist.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by silibaba: 4:50am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your worm, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.

God bless you for the tonic
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by silibaba: 4:54am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: how old are you,are you sure u are educated,pls try to read john 3:16,are u telling me God sent himself?

remember wot d scriptor say, if you have seen me, then you have seen the father.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by bongosman: 5:02am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
please note that we are honouring mary not worshiping her.Hope u have a mother?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by achu442(m): 5:03am On Dec 17, 2013
I am greater than the angels in heaven...I AM A god......Catholics talk more of Mary than The HolySpirit and even Jesus Himself.....and mind u....its only the Romans that understand that Catholicsm is a cult/order and not a church.There are many secrets your Rev fathers,Knigths and pope know that all of u don't...Jesus and Mary are in heaven.,it is The HolySpirit that is with us...Acknowledge and recognise His presence it will be well with u.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by silibaba: 5:08am On Dec 17, 2013
nwajoshua: But dat is a clear injunction or command frm God...Jesus has never given such comand abt his mther and dis can only wk wen they(parents)are still alive. For example many pple went to south Africa to see Nelson Mandela and pay respect to him wen he was alive but now he is dead, anybody dat keeps his pictures in his room honouring him and paying respct to him as regarded to his positive contributions is mad...so iif mary is alive now, we will respect her,honour her,give her gifts and point at her as an example wen teaching d women....God can never share his glory wit anybody even d angels..u gat dat?

go and read ur bible well from gen to rev and tell me where it was stated that blessed mary ever virgin died and was buried
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Engryagulam(m): 5:10am On Dec 17, 2013
*mary is blessed and deserve respect bt not worship
*she gave birth to jesus and not GOD because jesus clearly stated that GOD is in the heaven
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by silibaba: 5:10am On Dec 17, 2013
achu442: I am greater than the angels in heaven...I AM A god......Catholics talk more of Mary than The HolySpirit and even Jesus Himself.....and mind u....its only the Romans that understand that Catholicsm is a cult/order and not a church.There are many secrets your Rev fathers,Knigths and pope know that all of u don't...Jesus and Mary are in heaven.,it is The HolySpirit that is with us...Acknowledge and recognise His presence it will be well with u.

that you are a fool doesnt mean you must die a fool.change bro. you talk trash guy
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by silibaba: 5:12am On Dec 17, 2013
bongosman: please note that we are honouring mary not worshiping her.Hope u have a mother?

leave this guys, most of them worship their pastors
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by silibaba: 5:14am On Dec 17, 2013
ramalot:

HAHAHA. Y'all so busy arguing about Mary, you don't even notice your Jesus christ is now a WORM. cheesy

Jesus died on the cross for you man and ressurected on d third day.give ur life to him
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4: 5:31am On Dec 17, 2013
bongosman: please note that we are honouring mary not worshiping her.Hope u have a mother?
Do u pray directly to your mother?

God used many tools in the Bible in the preparation of the birth/coming of Jesus Christ and non is greater than the other.

From Abraham>>Isaac>>Jacob>>Jesse>>Joseph>>Even an harlot>>Moses>>Samuel>>David >>Elijah>>John the Baptist>>Mary

Yet! Non is worthy to intercede on my behalf.

Honouring Mary can't be equate to Intercession
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ndipe(m): 5:35am On Dec 17, 2013
She was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, hence the Child (Jesus Christ) was Pure (did not inherit the sins of the mother), so Mary was a sinner like all humans.

http://biblehub.com/luke/1-35.htm
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by StevePenninho(m): 5:36am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
Jux because u want to make ur point known, does dat mean that someone else is a fool. So fucking dogmatic, Catholic is d only church ordained by Christ in the Bible, jux in case u don't knw
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Snoopywallace(m): 5:37am On Dec 17, 2013
Its nt wrong to honour her,bt why dont u honour joseph 2,cos two of them where in it together...afterall,d angel also appeared to joseph...note,even when jesus was on earth he always called her woman because he knew pple like u who look for the slightest opportunity to serve,sorry honour wld arise...listen,you shall worship the lord your God and him only shall you serve...he doesnt share his glory with anybody....did you hear of any of apostles after Jesus like Paul,Peter,stephen,timothy e.t.c honour mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 17, 2013
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH HIS POST JUST DO DIS " GO AND DIE" ......
GOOD MORNING ALL
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by GentleFrank(m): 5:44am On Dec 17, 2013
Proudly a CATHOLC !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

TB Joshua Returns From Prayer Mountain With 2021 Prophecies / See The Hilarious Prayer Request Of Lady During Live Prayers Service / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.