Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: Do Not Reply, Rather Act On Issues Raised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: Do Not Reply, Rather Act On Issues Raised (472 Views)

I Am Not Patience Jonathan, Do Not Pay Anybody To See Me, My Husband – Aisha / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / Archbishop Okogie To Jonathan - "Do Not Run For Presidency In 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo To Jonathan: Do Not Reply, Rather Act On Issues Raised by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 15, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is expecting President Goodluck Jonathan to act in response to the letter he wrote to him on the state of the nation, rather than reply to the 18-page letter, reports have said.
According to source Vanguard regarded as competent, Obasanjo is more interested in Jonathan addressing the core issues he raised in his letter rather than getting a reply to his damning missive, entitled, ‘Before it is too late’.
The source also denied there was any breakfast meeting between Obasanjo and Jonathan at Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya, saying the story was made up by those who tried to play down the importance of the former leader’s letter, adding that Obasanjo and Jonathan only met by chance and exchanged pleasantries as they lodged in the same hotel in Nairobi.
“The truth of the matter is that former President Obasanjo is not expecting President Jonathan to reply him. Absolutely no. The President did not consider it needful to respond to previous letters privately written to him by the former head of state and he does not expect any reply to this one.
“I can tell you that Obasanjo wrote the letter with the best intentions for Jonathan and Nigeria and what he wants from the President is courageous and timely actions to save Nigeria from the brink. That’s all.
“Obasanjo will be a happy Nigerian if appropriate steps are taken by President Jonathan to address the burning issues of corruption and other challenges that threaten to bring this country down.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Charges Lagosians On Road Usage, Hands Over 16 Roads In Mushin / Pdp And Apc End Of Year Party(together) / 37 PDP Lawmakers Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.