Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,905 members, 7,889,995 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:56 AM

How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics (1176 Views)

10 Ways Some Nigerian Ladies React When You Deny Them Sex / Ladies, How Would You React When You Catch Your Man Sniffing Your Panties? / Whats The Best Way To React If You Found Your Spouse Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by victorjam(m): 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
If an individual chooses to disclose their sexual orientation or gender identity to you it is important that you take some time to review your own feelings, prejudices, and heterocentric ideals. The coming out process can be difficult for surrounding individuals in a similar way as it is to the actual individual. Below are some things to keep in mind when an individual chooses to come out to you: Scared, Shocked, Disbelief, Uncomfortable, Not sure what to say or do, Concern for them, Supportive Feelings, Flattered, Honored, Angry, Disgusted, Feeling that they are coming on to you? Remember that the person has not changed. They are still the same person who you knew before; you just have more information about them than you previously had.
If you are shocked, don't let the shock lead you to view the person as suddenly different.
Don't ask questions that would have been considered rude within the relationship you had before they disclosed their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Recognize that everyone's experience is unique and don't assume you know what a LGBT individual is going through.
Remember that they may not want or need you to do anything. Often it is simply affirming for the individual to disclose this personal information.
Consider it an honor that they have trusted you with this very personal information. Thank them for trusting you.
Clarify with them what level of confidentiality they expect from you. You never want to share this personal information with others without their consent.
If you don't understand something or have questions, remember that persons who are LGBTQ are often willing to help you understand more. But remember they are not experts of ALL LGBTQ people. If you want to learn more utilize your resources not these students.
If you find yourself reacting negatively, remember that your feelings may change. Try to leave the door open for further communication.
Remember that you too are never alone and that there is a network of Safe Zone Allies here to support both you and your students.
If you would like more information, ask in an honest and respectful way. If you show genuine and respectful interest in their life, they will most likely appreciate it. Some good questions are:
How long have you been aware that you were LGBTQ?
Has it been difficult for you?
Is there some way I can help you?

http://case.edu/lgbt/safezone/comingout.html
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by merit12(f): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
first to comment
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by eduson33(m): 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
i need not to read those shyt..

His face will confirm my reaction,thats if he is gonna have some space on it as am gonna make sure i add extra meat to it..

[img]http://www8.gmanews.tv/webpics/infotech/cotto%20bloodied%20face.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
eduson33: i need not to read those shyt..

His face will confirm my reaction,thats if he is gonna have some space on it as am gonna make sure i add extra meat to it..

The op didn't say when he molests or harasses you, neither did he say when you find out, what I clearly read was "when he trusts you enough to confide in you"

btw, you want to punch someone's face for being gay? I hope he gathers enough strength to permanently disfigure you before he dies from your merciless beating.sad

Remind me what the word "Tolerance" means again.undecided

1 Like

Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by eduson33(m): 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
i never bordered to read it cus its worthless..***call it ignorance nor illiteracy**
there are things we need not to tolerate..this is why new silly things keeps emerging day after another.

NOTE:what you are seeing in this picture is just a mere example cus i will do more than that to him or her.

Nanesense!

Eminado01:
The op didn't say when he molests or harasses you, neither did he say when you find out, what I clearly read was "when he trusts you enough to confide in you"

btw, you want to punch someone's face for being gay? I hope he gathers enough strength to permanently disfigure you before he dies from your merciless beating.sad

Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
eduson33: i never bordered to read it cus its worthless..***call it ignorance nor illiteracy**
there are things we need not to tolerate..this is why new silly things keeps emerging day after another.

NOTE:what you are seeing in this picture is just a mere example cus i will do more than that to him or her.

Nanesense!

Alright bro, I'm not calling your views anything.

#Whatever.
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by victorjam(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
I see ur stand on d mata @ eduson33. Well every1 is different and ur opinion is ur entitlement. So my advice is that u shuld go arund beating gay ppl and see if dat would change dem. Truth is d more u beat dem d stronger they get.
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by 50calibre(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
I'm sorry! I can't hide my disgust for homosexuality.

The moment a fa*ggot comes out to me, my disgust is immediately apparent, and will be followed by complete dissociation from that person.
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by victorjam(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Wow... @50calibre.. Lets assume dat dis guy is ur broda or dis girl is ur sister, will being gay make d person less related to u?

1 Like

Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by 50calibre(m): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
victor jam: I see ur stand on d mata @ eduson33. Well every1 is different and ur opinion is ur entitlement. So my advice is that u shuld go arund beating gay ppl and see if dat would change dem. Truth is d more u beat dem d stronger they get.

Why should you bring up such subject like this, are you thinking of coming out?

I hope you aren't a fa*g?
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by 50calibre(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
victor jam: Wow... @50calibre.. Lets assume dat dis guy is ur broda or dis girl is ur sister, will being gay make d person less related to u?

Being related doesn't change anything.
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by eduson33(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2013
GOD forbid,but am telling you,HE/she quits or stops being my bro or sis....
victor jam: Wow... @50calibre.. Lets assume dat dis guy is ur broda or dis girl is ur sister, will being gay make d person less related to u?
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by Sard(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2013
eduson33: i need not to read those shyt..

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by victorjam(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
poo....

pls i need yur help... we need yu to like dis picand by so doin vote for him.. dis is really important to him. tanks.. just follow dis link. Pls help my frnd by voting.
https://m.facebook.com/www.mrteenanambra.co.za/photos/a.1464051870554934.1073741826.1464048683888586/1511830595777061/?type=3&source=56

Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by Sard(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
^^^^^ Miss teen or Mr Teen?? He looks very much like a gay. I wish him all the best though.
Re: How To React When A Gay Open Up To You- To Homophobics by faith551(m): 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2015

If I got beat up by a gay, it's an embarrassment, how can a woman beat me up?

(1) (Reply)

"WIFEY" Wahala. / Women And Their Bad Mouth. / Ladies Do You Care Where Your Man Is Sourcing Money For The Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.