Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

Should I Just Abort? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Just Abort? (2104 Views)

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Just Abort? by lightswitch: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hi everybody, I need help. Thing is my husband lost his job last month and we were just a little bit shaken because we have just one child and we don't pay rent and I have a job. The thing about my job is I was about leaving due to the problems my boss was giving me, the emotional and verbal abuse has been getting to me and just when I was about throwin in the towel we got the bad news. Then last week I discovered I was pregnant. My husband's view is abort the baby and focus on your job, regardless of what I'm facing...for my family's sake. His abortion view is because my pregnancy usually is full of fast pace and drama from week one to week 40, I am usually very sick and weak...and it's not what I need with my kind of job. I'm confused and he's pressuring me. Please help. God bless you all
Re: Should I Just Abort? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please don't go for abortion,its risky..Your husband won't remain jobless forever,I'm sure he's going to get a job.. And pls pray about your job,God can change the heart of your boss or better still give you a better job...God will c you thru your pregnancy..Be strong!..

My one cent

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Abort? by bluuu: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
abortion shouldn't be an option.pray to God concerning ur boss and for him to get another job and he should look for job.God will help you
Re: Should I Just Abort? by cynhamscakes(f): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please don't abort that pregnancy. You guys are married. Take your problems to God, he will make a way where there seem to be no way.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Abort? by dejt4u(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
That may jst be to test ur faith in God. Who knws mayb dat baby comin is d goodluck of ur family... Abeg u in name of God u believed in, leave d baby alone and take gud care of d pregnancy.. The lord is ur strenght

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Just Abort? by Kanwulia: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pack your bags and MOVE INTO YOUR PARENTS' home for a goooood vacation plus BED REST! Till you have your baby!
You CANNOT have an abortion as a legally married woman! That is a sacrilege, even if the child belongs to another man!!! kiss
Your husband is TRYING TO KILL YOU!
Resist such a temptation TO DIE BEFORE HIM please!

PHOCk 'da job and PHOCk 'da husband!!!!

I wish I could loan you my loving PARENTS AND SIBLINGS! You will never have to work, if you don't wanno! cool

ONLY BASTARDS SHOULD BE ABORTED! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Should I Just Abort? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Keep your baby madam,God ll make a way, where there is no way,just believe.what happens if you abort and never conceive again? Will your hubby live with that??weigh your options carefully.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by ifyalways(f): 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
@OP,what do YOU want or you don't have a say? Its distasteful that your husband will keep his unemployed ass at home but encourage you to go for a DC just so you can keep your job. I expect him to focus on getting a job!

Anyways,your body,your decision but if you must have an abortion,make sure to use a certified and qualified doctor/hospital. Start a child spacing/birth control program asap.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Abort? by baby124: 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
OP, you know better than us the true situation of things. And pregnancy experience varies with the child. Even if you don't like your job you will have to endure for now till your husband gets something. The fact that you don't pay rent doesn't mean you won't need money for other necessities. It's always good that money is coming from somewhere to take care of immediate needs. Learn to look at the job as a necessity and learn to let the insults roll of your shoulder. You know what your end goal is. 2 children will make your husband more determined to get back on his feet. Even if you decide to let go of the pregnancy, don't leave this job until you get another
Re: Should I Just Abort? by breathless(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
@Madam OP. Pls don't abort. All things are falling into place for you and your family. This particular pregnancy and eventually delivery will give you reason to thank God all the days of your life.
Stay blessed.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by lightswitch: 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thank You. My hubby, has lost confidence in himself and I guess that is why he is pushing for the abortion. I have put my boss in prayers because that is my only option for now. This pregnancy particularly na wa, cos everythin makes me gag...God help me. I appreciate your advice.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Keep you job. You might be surprised that the morning sickness might reduce when you are quite busy. If you can't, quit then focus on your baby
All the best
Re: Should I Just Abort? by Joel3(m): 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
What it only me? User id “lights witch” your name says it all, or was it “light switch”?

Anyway Pardon me mod do not block me. I know I will face canter attacks on this, but I don’t care I want to take side.

Anyway I don’t want to join this people here; I want to be an opposition so that you can view things from different angle. Sometime the populists are not always right. But the trust is that there are some child when they are coming there will be problems everywhere, yours might just be starting pardon me dear, tribulation, lose of jobs, controversy, pillar to post, running from hospital to hospital, I can easily relate to fear and feeling of your husband. And Hope we can not forget so soon about jabez in the bible 1-Chronicles 4:9-10, the name was giving to him because of the affliction. I know the Christian folk here will not agree with me. They always believe on faith faith faith. I am not faith or wishing bad, i just want to view things from all angles and but just saying.

Don’t be scared yet, There is this good friend of my the last child his wife gave birth to, and when she was having the baby, its one cal for money and another one for money your husband might be scared to be runing up and down., for this my guy there where poverty everywhere like mad, from 3 month to 12 month no delivery but from hospital to hospital everyday,the painful part no job and no money, for blood transfusion to another. his Psster begin to prayer and prayer for them, saying it is spiritual problem, fire by fire, but he sold all valuables properties he had. he just lost everything during that period, but the good news is that the minute the child was born everything takes a new shapem replace everything he lost. I am not against abortion but just make a proper plains before its too late. Because when it happens this nairaland will not be there to help you. my own experience and contribution though.

If any body join me on this please click the like key.

please mod should not ban me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Abort? by Fraternize(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
All what you are facing are mere challenges. Never see anything as a problem. Believe me. Once you start seeing these issues as challenges, solutions begins to creep in. As for your unborn child, abeg, in God's name, don't abort him. You don't even know if you are carrying the next Mandela. Contemplating abortion implies you are limiting the power of God to surprise you. God will surprise you. Shalom
Re: Should I Just Abort? by 2sizzlin(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
"God bless you" At first I didn't even know you were a Christian. Hmmm! You see why it's good to marry a Christian? I didn't know this was going to come from a married woman.

My job b4 my baby. just a few thousands.
That's why it's good to know God b4 things spoils like this, at least you'd know what to do as a result of your understanding and faith in the word of God.
Abortion = NO!
You'd be surprised the spirit that abortion would release into that family. How sure are you that you wouldn't loose your job even after the abortion? Life ain't easy lady, and as long as you and your hubby thinks you can fix it on your own God won't intervene, and of course you'd get frustrated sometimes, at those times you're being given an opportunity to make the worst decision or to cast your care on Him, and let him be God.
Satan is giving you the opportunity to cross a line, God is giving you the opportunity to trust in him, choose one.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
My dear,

1. Do not abort, you might be surprised that you will be sickness free in a couple of weeks, no two pregnancies are alike.

2. Do not leave your job, you can still be pregnant and work, unless it is stated otherwise in your job not to get pregnant.

3. Ignore your boss and tolerate him, because you need that job more than ever. Focus on your work and do a very good job, imagine that, that business was or is your own.

4. Pray, pray and pray, for your husband to get another job, when one door closes, another better one opens. Ask for favor and direction from God.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by greatestluv4all: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2013
No No No to abortion, even f you loose your job.

You will be happy you gave that child life in the future.

If you abort, you may die, loose your womb or other complications.

Your husband will marry again and continue, leave the preg and don't insult your husban even if you loose your and his not supportive.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by lightswitch: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hi everyone... just an update, I had the baby and he will be six months soon. I had to ask my mother in law if I should abort (knowing fully well she would disagree, as my husband is her only child). She spoke to him, and he stepped up through out the pregnancy. I guess he panicked. You might not know it but after God, you gave life to a little baby, who for no fault of his, would have been aborted. (Because he had called a doctor friend of his to book an appointment when I just wrote my problem here after a battle with my conscience). I am grateful and pray that God will not let any of you encounter the kind of problem that will force you to make the mistake of a lifetime.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Just Abort? by baby124: 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
Amen. Thank God for your life. I hope all your challenges were resolved
Re: Should I Just Abort? by dejt4u(m): 6:42am On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Should I Just Abort? by dejt4u(m): 6:48am On Feb 09, 2015
Unfortunately for you, you got no likes.. Devil is a liar.. @ lightswitch, My rgds to the baby
Joel3:
What it only me? User id “lights witch” your name says it all, or was it “light switch”?

Anyway Pardon me mod do not block me. I know I will face canter attacks on this, but I don’t care I want to take side.

Anyway I don’t want to join this people here; I want to be an opposition so that you can view things from different angle. Sometime the populists are not always right. But the trust is that there are some child when they are coming there will be problems everywhere, yours might just be starting pardon me dear, tribulation, lose of jobs, controversy, pillar to post, running from hospital to hospital, I can easily relate to fear and feeling of your husband. And Hope we can not forget so soon about jabez in the bible 1-Chronicles 4:9-10, the name was giving to him because of the affliction. I know the Christian folk here will not agree with me. They always believe on faith faith faith. I am not faith or wishing bad, i just want to view things from all angles and but just saying.

Don’t be scared yet, There is this good friend of my the last child his wife gave birth to, and when she was having the baby, its one cal for money and another one for money your husband might be scared to be runing up and down., for this my guy there where poverty everywhere like mad, from 3 month to 12 month no delivery but from hospital to hospital everyday,the painful part no job and no money, for blood transfusion to another. his Psster begin to prayer and prayer for them, saying it is spiritual problem, fire by fire, but he sold all valuables properties he had. he just lost everything during that period, but the good news is that the minute the child was born everything takes a new shapem replace everything he lost. I am not against abortion but just make a proper plains before its too late. Because when it happens this nairaland will not be there to help you. my own experience and contribution though.

If any body join me on this please click the like key.

please mod should not ban me.
Re: Should I Just Abort? by nnamdiosu(m): 8:20am On Feb 10, 2015
ifyalways:
@OP,what do YOU want or you don't have a say? Its distasteful that your husband will keep his unemployed ass at home but encourage you to go for a DC just so you can keep your job. I expect him to focus on getting a job!

Anyways,your body,your decision but if you must have an abortion,make sure to use a certified and qualified doctor/hospital. Start a child spacing/birth control program asap.

I read ur signature about love and loving ur baby and I smiled. then I read ur second paragraph where u said if the op wants to .........DO AN ABORTION, SHE SHOULD MAKE SURE TO USE A CERTIFIED AND QUALIFIED DOCTOR/HOSPITAL. Then I became confused.
anyway @op children are the heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb is his reward. trust in the Lord with all ur heart and lean not on ur own understanding. in all ur ways acknowledge him and he shall direct ur paths. trust God. he will see u through. amen
Re: Should I Just Abort? by KanwuliaJara: 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
Not an adviceable matter.
Your cross to carry ALONE!!!! cry

(1) (Reply)

The Death Of The Dining Room / Woman Stabs Husband To Death At Their Home (PHOTOS) / Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.