Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,626 members, 7,914,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Help (566 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / The Relevance Of Lawyers In The Development Of Nigeria? / Lawyers In The House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Help by Ayomidedeji: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
I am a new wig lawyer who was called to the nigerian bar recently. I just finished my NYSC and still luking for a chambers to join.
My uncle's landlords son got arrested last night and would be taken to court tomorow.my uncle has put their mind at rest that i would secure his bail.
I dont have any problem in respect of appearing in court and applying for his bail because i witnessed so many of this application during my court attachment while at the law school but my problems are as follows:.
A. After his bail his granted in court, HOW DO I PERFECT HIS BAIL?
i know depending on the terms attached, i would most likely need the following:
bailbond ( i have prepared this)
identity cards of the sureties
evidence of payment of tax
PHCN bill
possibly evidence of ownership of landed property.
My questions are
a. WHEN ALL THESE ARE INTACT DO I HAND THEM OVER TO THE REGISTRA TO TAKE TO THE MAGISTRATE IN CHAMBERS?
b. ONCE THOSE PAPERS ARE ACKNOWLEGED WHAT WOULD I BE GIVEN TO EFFECT THE RELEASE AT THE STATION?
c. WHAT DOES AN " AFFIDAVIT OF MEANS CONNOTE? ( does it implies the surety should depose to an affidavit in respect of what he does to make a living?)
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Help by PNN: 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Go to a Magistrate Court n contact any Lawyer you meet
Am sure de wud assist you...d profession is a helping profession. No one knows it all.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Help by johnemeka(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2013
Pls I need a female lawyer urgently for marriage. Am I B.SC holder in Engineering.She must come from igbo tribe and must be within estern Nigeria...08087931652

(1) (Reply)

Students And Graduates Rep. Needed At Anis / Create Your Own Software Without Programming / The Best Way To Quit Your Day Job And Have A Much Better Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.