Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,273 members, 7,967,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:14 AM

Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) (1285 Views)

US Partners With Anambra On Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Industrialization & Commerce / Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Ajaokuta Steel - The Road To Industrialization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Anambra Business Park (First for two)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_W9Rh1B1k
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Anambra State Uni Teaching Hospital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwV2ZtKN1WM
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nigerians and big names sha. Business park ko metropolis ni. I just saw a couple of buildings. Let's learn to be humble in our utterances.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
^I agree! Everything is a mega project, industrial layout, ultra modern etc

IDK what this project is, if anyone knows enlighten me, I see a midwifery school attached but i doubt the whole facility is for midwifery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNqe2W_MGUY
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
i don;t like the way Peter Obi executes projects like a trader. We've gone past all these bricklayer projects. That school looked like someone's boysquarters that's being built. Has he never been to Akwa Ibom or Rivers in his life?
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Foundation for Harbour Industrial Park (road)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-g7zBR99Y
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by OmoTier1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
After 7.5 years in power, all you can show us is this despicable eyesore I think Peter Obi deserve to be stoned! With the 'alleged' allocation of N276bn, if this is what Obi can account for, He should be ashamed of himself!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva: i don;t like the way Peter Obi executes projects like a trader. We've gone past all these bricklayer projects. That school looked like someone's headquarters that's being built. Has he never been to Akwa Ibom or Rivers in his life?

Stop comparing Southeast States with Akwa-Ibom and Rivers. The income of Akwa Ibom alone is equivalent to a combination of the entire Southeast.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
New Road to penetrate Rural Hinterland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KAMKLJMTC4
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Stop comparing Southeast States with Akwa-Ibom and Rivers. The income of Akwa Ibom alone is equivalent to a combination of the entire Southeast.
Are you saying Peter Obi can't come up with something more appealing to the eyes with Anambra's budget? I keep seeing projects that are supposed to be undertaken by local governments. I even see better projects in Enugu yet Enugu collects less allocations than Anambra.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Abagworo(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you saying Peter Obi can't come up with something more appealing to the eyes with Anambra's budget? I keep seeing projects that are supposed to be undertaken by local governments. I even see better projects in Enugu yet Enugu collects less allocations than Anambra.

Peter Obi seems to have tried to spread his development but lack of funds made him opt settling for manageable standards. Chime concentrated more on Enugu township and hence has less problem than Obi.

If I were Obi I would have concentrated on Onitsha in particular just like I would have loved Orji to concentrate on Aba.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by Ikengawo: 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Obi and Sullivan take two different approaches but they have things in common i like.

They're both spendthrifts, which is great. They know how to manage money, small amounts of it, and get maximum results.

The difference is Obi is building all of Anambra up, and Sullivan is focused on Enugu. Anambra is a state with no head city. Though Onitcha is the biggest it's not the capital, neither it or Awka are the only sources of industry. So, and Anambra governor has to consider this.

Obi from the videos is building roads where they never existed, spreading development state wide so the whole state has the same standard of living. In Enugu, the people in the city live as well as anyone in any upper middle income city. it's only Calabar and Abuja that can brag of having superior or equal standard of living on average than the average Enugu person (i excluded Lagos because development of the city isn't holistic and there's extreme gaps in wealth)

but the rural areas are among the poorest in the east.

Obi also believe in building things, then selling them to the private sector which makes them completely cost free, and Sullivan believes in planning things and encouraging the private sector to build them for him which keeps them cost free as well. Two great governors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by passion007: 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
This thread ought to be about Obi's vaunted achievements, but somehow, it has ended up a comparison with Chime. Regardless, there's a common notion that Chime has only focused in Enugu city, and I would like to know the details. What has Obi done in the rural communities? And please don't limit your response to roads. Chime built much more roads in Nsukka zone than in Enugu East (which comprises Enugu city, Nkanu and IsiUzo)
My verdict on Obi is that he's had a pretty easy pass. He did precious little and lucky for him, Anambrarians have sadly lowered their expectations.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements In Industrialization (videos) by IGBOSON1: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Nigerians and big names sha. Business park ko metropolis ni. I just saw a couple of buildings. Let's learn to be humble in our utterances.

^^^It's what their otimpkus use to bamboozle us; to make people think 'world class' structures are being put in place!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Win 2015, If ... Fani Kayode / Patience Shout At Akpabio: Pursue Your Vice President, Stop Deceiving My Husband / Usa Prediction Of Nigeria's Break Up. Whats Your View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.