Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,993 members, 7,880,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season (3842 Views)

Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It / Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season / Even Your Skin Tone If You Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season by ifedi2001: 1:43am On Dec 16, 2013
Hallo Nairalanders,

I'm a pharmacist by profession with experience in diverse facets of health care delivery.

I'm hoping to use this medium, using series of articles and forum interactions to help Nigerians visiting Nairaland improve their health.

If you feel you have questions to ask after reading my topics, holla at me right here. If you feel you need to communicate with me for any service or product or ask more personal questions, send me an email via my mail address ifedi2001@yahoo.com

Now let's talk about your skin. As we all know our skin is the largest organ of our body and how well we take care of it determines it's health and overall function.

A healthy skin is quite evident in how radiant it glows and how supple it becomes. A lot of factors affect the function and beauty of the skin, a major factor being weather and environmental condition.

Our weather to a degree of 65% dictates what methods of care we employ and what particular type of cosmetic regimen we subject our skin to.

Right now in Nigeria, we are facing the dry harmattan season coupled with our regular tropical heat. This type of weather condition means that our skin is getting dehydrated quite fast due to loss of water and vital skin oils.

To make matters worse for the skin, a lot of us use cosmetic products not good for the skin during this weather condition. This weather also brings in a few skin disease conditions.

Here are a few tips on how to care for the skin during this period :

(1) Use a good body moisturizer as you body lotion. When I say good moisturizer, I mean something that adds moisture into the skin and locks in this added moisture preventing excessive loss of water from the skin.

(2) Avoid using skin lightening agents during this weather. Most skin lightening creams end up thinning the skin making it especially weak during dry season. If you must use a skin lightening agent at this time, double coat your skin with a healing moisturising lotion.

(3) Drink lots of water. Don't play with this advice O.

(4) Avoid carbonated soft drinks. They dehydrate your skin quite bad.

(5) Avoid antiseptic soaps during this weather. Use them only when you have a skin infection it is meant to treat. Use it even then for a short period and stop.

That's the basic.

If you want to know more, you've got question to ask or anything, hit me on my email at ifedi2001@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season by donigspain(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Frontpage worthy...
Re: Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season by Samgreguc(m): 5:11am On Dec 16, 2013
^^^ Thanks alot. GOOD ADVICE
Re: Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season by ifedi2001: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2013
Thanks @donigspain
Re: Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 19, 2013
[quote author=ifedi2001]Hallo Nairalanders,

I'm a pharmacist by profession with experience in diverse facets of health care delivery.

I'm hoping to use this medium, using series of articles and forum interactions to help Nigerians visiting Nairaland improve their health.

If you feel you have questions to ask after reading my topics, holla at me right here. If you feel you need to communicate with me for any service or product or ask more personal questions, send me an email via my mail address ifedi2001@yahoo.com

Now let's talk about your skin. As we all know our skin is the largest organ of our body and how well we take care of it determines it's health and overall function.

A healthy skin is quite evident in how radiant it glows and how supple it becomes. A lot of factors affect the function and beauty of the skin, a major factor being weather and environmental condition.

Our weather to a degree of 65% dictates what methods of care we employ and what particular type of cosmetic regimen we subject our skin to.

Right now in Nigeria, we are facing the dry harmattan season coupled with our regular tropical heat. This type of weather condition means that our skin is getting dehydrated quite fast due to loss of water and vital skin oils.

To make matters worse for the skin, a lot of us use cosmetic products not good for the skin during this weather condition. This weather also brings in a few skin disease conditions.

Here are a few tips on how to care for the skin during this period :

(1) Use a good body moisturizer as you body lotion. When I say good moisturizer, I mean something that adds moisture into the skin and locks in this added moisture preventing excessive loss of water from the skin.

(2) Avoid using skin lightening agents during this weather. Most skin lightening creams end up thinning the skin making it especially weak during dry season. If you must use a skin lightening agent at this time, double coat your skin with a healing moisturising lotion.

(3) Drink lots of water. Don't play with this advice O.

(4) Avoid carbonated soft drinks. They dehydrate your skin quite bad.

(5) Avoid antiseptic soaps during this weather. Use them only when you have a skin infection it is meant to treat. Use it even then for a short period and stop.

That's the basic.

If you want to know more, you've got question to ask or anything, hit me on my email at ifedi2001@yahoo.com

Sir, please what kinda moisturizn cream will you recommend for me. And also, its been a long time av been battling with these two parts of my body, (Eyes and Nose ) ,about the eyes issue, it often itches me and water comes out,and d nose aspect, i dey sneeze like die. Not joking o, sir, what can be done to ease all these ,
Re: Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season by Empiree: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Ebola Overall Body Condom / Which Tribe/ethnic Group Is The Dirtiest In Nigeria / ,,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.