Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,188 members, 7,890,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? (605 Views)

Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying / How Is Life ,while Studying At Middlesex University Mauritius Campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by malexito(m): 9:15am On Dec 16, 2013
Am trying to develope a successful reading habit and i thought adding music to my studying programe will help out . whats your advice?
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by castielo(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2013
It has a two-way effect.. It will either distract you from your environment and keep you focused on your study or 'twill completely distract you from studyinq.. depends on the music sha.
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 16, 2013
Honestly its funny how people listen to music while reading, for me, its one thing at a time.though I can read where there is noise but the distraction will always be there.
Anyway we all have different ways of assimilating things, try it and see if it works for you.
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by malexito(m): 9:36am On Dec 16, 2013
I tried it sometime ago and i noticed it ws okay while i ws doing caculations on caculus at about 5am in the morning but it didn't go well with my GST textbooks..
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by malexito(m): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2013
castielo: It has a two-way effect.. It will either distract you from your environment and keep you focused on your study or 'twill completely distract you from studyinq.. depends on the music sha.
what kind of music would you suggest?
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by okeke2: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2013
malexito: what kind of music would you suggest?
Classical music helps and inspires you while reading, music like mozart or beethoveen
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2013
It works for me most times. Like someone posted, we all are different and have different modes of assimilation, what works for Peter might not work for Paul.

I'll suggest you give it a try and see if it Will work for you.
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by Eslopy(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2013
Everyone has different Cranium capacity and capabilities, but from my observation it depends on what one is studying and for what purpose, if an engineering student use music to solve sums and read theories and formulas it could be detrimental but for an Art student using music to study, work or rehearse comes and flows easily.
In summary if your brains cranium capacity is high, no matter your course of study, you can study with music and perform exceptionally well.
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by Goldieboo(f): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2013
It works 4 mi al d tym..datx actually hw I read sef n any kydda music goes cos most of my songs r rap/hip pop
Re: Is It Good To Play Music While Studying? by castielo(m): 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
okeke2: Classical music helps and inspires you while reading, music like mozart or beethoveen
yea.. even country music works for me too.. the trick is to distract yourself from your environment and maintain acute focus on your book.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Lecturers Shud Be Lenient On Us In This Exam Because Of the strike / Yabatech Pt Form Nd/hnd / The Media, The Military And Terrorism In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.