Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,449 members, 7,881,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:02 AM

How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family (12410 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / 10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate / How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by tellwisdom: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
duni04: The only way d OP's story is true is if he's an armed robber or a 419'er that is looking to escape from d country. Hw can u b earning 10m per year and want to flee Nigeria.

He's life and work are not guaranteed. It's not all about now, but tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by wayodude(m): 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
tellwisdom:

8million na money?? ... There is nothing to jubilate about. It's nothing bros. pray you make it big.

Abeg how much be ur own salary?

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by tellwisdom: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
wayodude:

Abeg how much be ur own salary?

I earn weekly. No ask me how much unless you wan Rob me undecided
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by wayodude(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
tellwisdom:

I earn weekly

Answer question naauuuu...haba :/
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Suru lere- patience is rewarding.
A family man must take calculated risk bro.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by lancee(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
hopful: @op,
You are entitled to your decisions, but pls make an informed one.
Leaving such combined couple income to start afresh needs a second thought.
You said its for your children's future; with what you are earning , you can send them to ivy league schools anywhere if you save upfront for that. Even many citizens of the developed nations cannot afford such.
I agree that the Nigerian situation can be frustrating even when you have money, but plan well before you leap.
Don't think that some people are not suffering in the US, i have seen homeless citizens here and I vowed that rather than become homeless , i will go back to nigeria. I am a student on scholarship and I thank God for that, otherwise, living here could be difficult financially, except of course you have people back home to rely on. So if you decide to come for studies, consider the financial implications for a family of 4, with need for health insurance etc.
I cannot discourage you from leaving nigeria, but have a solid plan.
A work based migration will be a good option, so you can explore such.
If you really want it, you will find a way.

U re correct , a work based migration to Canada or US is much better for you sir as a family man compared to schooling ... Lool this life is soo funny [ when most people are now sending/ making plans to send their children back to Nigeria to good schools cos they re spoilt here ] .
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by jayAjoku(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
there is no place like home u just wan go suffer. U must have been watching 2 many western films . Fact is life aint easy over there endure nd stay in ur country

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by tyosho: 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
i just had to login to respond to your post.
@op,please do relocate legitimately as long as you are qualified for it.Try the canadian or Australian migration programme as both are wonderful countries.I totally understand the angle you are speaking from as i agree that Nigeria is a frustrating country and there doesnt seem to be hope of it getting better soon.
I spent 4months in the US last year when i went to have my baby and i must say i felt like not leaving(it wasnt my first time overseas but it was the longest time spent outside this country).Nobody is saying its a bed of roses out there but its WAAAAY better than Nigeria.I stayed with an excolleague who migrated with the visa lottery program 6months earlier and shes doing a whole lot better than me with my 7years work experience.Everything thats easily accessible to majority of folks out there is an exclusive of the stupendously rich here(good food,insurance,healthcare,quality education,social welfare,holiday travels etc) and its so frustrating to see ppl suffer over the smallest of necessities in Nigeria.
The most annoying is that most Nigerians dont even know they are suffering cos they have never had it any other way.We have tried for the Australian scheme but didnt qualify cos hubby has less than the 4years required experience required.

The most important thing is migrate legally and every other thing will follow.

For those saying 8m annually is good enough reason not to migrate,well thats what i thot too that didnt make me migrate during the UK HSMP years.Today nko?the company has not only closed up,it closed up owing me months of salary and no plan anywhere by anybody to pay us the money owed.My male ex colleagues have seen weeen.

13 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by AKMoney1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
10M PER ANNUM?? APPROX 830,000 A MONTH shocked shocked shocked

SOME HAVE FOOD BUT CANNOT EAT, SOME CAN EAT BUT HAVE NO FOOD. LAWD HAVE MERCY lipsrsealed
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by kayojosephy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
oga,wish u da best but make sure dat ur job u are leaving sum1 close to u who is jobless gets it and u will be rememberred 4 good...one thing is certain no place like home as a stranger will everly remain a stranger...
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by megastu(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
Guy, people earn 3m per annum and live very well in Naija. What are you talking about. Combined income of 10million per annum and you are complaining
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by 1009ja: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
It always looks greener on the other side until you get there.
I know thousands of Nigerians who would love to come back home on an 8,000,000 naira anuual income.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
ty osho: i just had to login to respond to your post.
@op,please do relocate legitimately as long as you are qualified for it.Try the canadian or Australian migration programme as both are wonderful countries.I totally understand the angle you are speaking from as i agree that Nigeria is a frustrating country and there doesnt seem to be hope of it getting better soon.
I spent 4months in the US last year when i went to have my baby and i must say i felt like not leaving(it wasnt my first time overseas but it was the longest time spent outside this country).Nobody is saying its a bed of roses out there but its WAAAAY better than Nigeria.I stayed with an excolleague who migrated with the visa lottery program 6months earlier and shes doing a whole lot better than me with my 7years work experience.Everything thats easily accessible to majority of folks out there is an exclusive of the stupendously rich here(good food,insurance,healthcare,quality education,social welfare,holiday travels etc) and its so frustrating to see ppl suffer over the smallest of necessities in Nigeria.
The most annoying is that most Nigerians dont even know they are suffering cos they have never had it any other way.We have tried for the Australian scheme but didnt qualify cos hubby has less than the 4years required experience required.

The most important thing is migrate legally and every other thing will follow.

For those saying 8m annually is good enough reason not to migrate,well thats what i thot too that didnt make me migrate during the UK HSMP years.Today nko?the company has not only closed up,it closed up owing me months of salary and no plan anywhere by anybody to pay us the money owed.My male ex colleagues have seen weeen.

hmmmm
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by tellwisdom: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
wayodude:

Answer question naauuuu...haba :/

You wan rob me??
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by GentleFrank(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good !
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by dizzyk: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
oolumide: @hopful thanks for you insight. Well I may be wrong but my thinking is that many nigerians want to go to major cities in places like US. What if I decide to go to a place like wyoming (I hope I got the spelling right) with less population and also decide to stay in country side will cost of leaving still be so high and challenging? I dont know. I av always wanted a country side life with so much privacy with my family and with so much interest agriculture. Well the idea is also to learn a lot about animal farming and with the plan to probably come back to nigeria later year for non economic reasons. However the things that are important for me is access to good health care and good education for my ward. Do u know that I pay about 320k for my 2 children sch fees per term and it is still the basic education.

Think the poster is not saying the truth, earning 10Mill (family),that is over $5K per month, am not sure this is real for a man who still wants to go abroad on this income in 9ja, if you earn this much and never been to Europe, UK, US or Canada at least for vacation then you must be joking about your earning, dont think this forum is a place to come and just pulling people' legs...my family earn less and we have been everywhere with 3 kids and never think that earning 70% of your claim we can live abroad because, to earn equivalent of "your family income" abroad in this present global melt down, then you must be BIG....
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by hedrez: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Call michael scofield to break you out.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by dizzyk: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
faakay:

hmmmm

Fantastic, banks or companies never closed up in UK or US, what about Barings Bank, and many in US, the ex-staffs were absorbed by government.....meeeeeeeeenn think well.., when you are hosted by your friends knowing well you have a target date to leave, you are well treated but men, tell them you have come to stay...you will see 7UP.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
dizzyk:

Think the poster is not saying the truth, earning 10Mill (family),that is over $5K per month, am not sure this is real for a man who still wants to go abroad on this income in 9ja, if you earn this much and never been to Europe, UK, US or Canada at least for vacation then you must be joking about your earning, dont think this forum is a place to come and just pulling people' legs...my family earn less and we have been everywhere with 3 kids and never think that earning 70% of your claim we can live abroad because, to earn equivalent of "your family income" abroad in this present global melt down, then you must be BIG....

you can't conclude he's not saying the truth about his earning, he could probably earn over $5k per month abroad depending on his career and experience

maybe the poster hasn't travelled out of the country so he could be naive about what's happening over there but it doesn't still matter.

If that would make him happy then he should go

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by topcube(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bros, I understand ur point @ OP. It's only someone feeling pains that knows how deep it pains. But, my candid advice to you (though, you said, U've made up your mind) is don't live Nigeria, why did I say so?

1. U're first class citizen in Nigeria - an advantage Bill Gate does not have

2. You will be a second class if not 3rd class in any other country - I bet you, many of my friends that have migrated to other countries have higher percentage of bitter experience, you can't run from ur ascent, even if you bleach to look like one of them. Don't forget racism! It's everywhere, we even practice it here in 9ja, how sad with it look like when if a guy of 17 in Canada tells you, that u're smelling dirty (though, U're not) because you an Africa or Nigeria, it all indicate you're a foreigner and not one of them.

3. Have a plan: If your kids are still in Secondary, or Primary, let them finish that stage and you send them abroad for a better future (Ur income still capture Harvard University).

4. Have your own establishment: with 8m annually, open up a business for your family, you can go into oil and gas, have a fueling station like Total, Conoil, Mobil etc, even telecommunication is not doing bad, ask Slot how much he's making that he has gotten almost Lagos covered, what about power generation company, you can name any company you have after one of ur Son or combine their names to form a creative name, I'm sure they will b glad U did.

5. Get a career outside the one you have now, I learned most of things I practice nowadays on youtube. For example, you can open an NGO or Charity organisation, doing this will give you joy of fulfillment in life and you will not be thinking of negative impact nigeria is throwing @ U.

6. Move closer to God. If you're a Muslim, pray 5 times as instructed, pay ur dues, read quaran (sorry, I'm a Christian, so, I might not spell that correctly, I stand to be corrective), and go on tour.

7. If you're a Christian, I bet you, you're not closer to Jesus, if you are, he will give you peace, my brother, there's no peace all over the world, everyone is just taking advantage of another. Make Jesus your personal Savior, read the bible, there's enough trouble out there, but, when you read the word of the creator, He'll show you how to escape those snares. Shalom!

Bottom line, later, you will get to know why they say have bread, is better than none. My submission!

5 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Olofintunyin: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
I decided to sign up on this forum because I realise you want to make the biggest mistake of your life. Life is not greener on the other side. I live in the US and have lived in the UK before and some other countries. I am fairly successful but it is not easy. No one, you may not get the equivalent of the job you have in Nigeria here and same with your wife, there are lots of factors on that, your background (college certificates, accents, culture shocks etc). Two, you stand the risk of divorce because it is higher here and our women misbehave more here, and then you will spend the most part of your life supporting them with nothing left for you. 3. Environment: the weather is not favorable and there are no jobs for foreigners. The struggle to get all the documents that will allow you to work 4. Jail is not far away from anybody, even when you are decent, it goes from traffic to domestic misbehavior, at least you lovely wife will at some point calls a police on you.
However, if your sacrifice is not for you but your kids, then you can move out of Nigeria. This depends on the ages of your kids, if they are above 10 years, do not move. The younger age the better because that will help the integration. I agree that there are challenges back home but the challenges here is far more but different with style. Most challenges in Nigeria are physical, here is emotional and could be more frustrating. That is why suicide is very rampant here even among Nigerians.... All in all.... with your income in Nigeria.... DO NOT LEAVE NIGERIA... May God gives you the hears to listen!

2 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Man2utd(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
[I dont know about you. But as for me I am tired of this country and it seems nothing will ever work again. I need to look for a legitimate way of getting my family out of this country. Me, my wife and my two children. I am tired of spending my income on things that are consumption in nature without being able to see what lies in the future. Like I said it can be frustrating seeing the way the country is being run. But my greatest fear is for the future of my children. Please forget any advise not to go my mind is made up. Mind you I work and I am not sure i earn badly, at least earn above 8m annually with my wife we earn over 10m. But i cant just continue with the frustration that come with this country. PLS YOUR ADVISE ON LEGITIMATE WAY TO LEAVE AND NEVER TO COME BACK AGAIN] ask the guy that said he can give direction to anywhere for a map to any place of your choice and start your journey from there. And bros I need that your job. God be with you as you recommend me for the post you leaving behind.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by KA24DETT(m): 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dude, Get out while you can . Apply for a school in canada like Memorial university. MUN.CA. Its a very cheap and good school in canada. You can immigrate with your kids.
This is not about you anymore. This is about your kids. You need to give them a better life, better healthcare and better standard of living.
There are things money can't buy in Nigeria. What you get in developed country is a better standard of life and not really the money. I know people like you with higher income in Nigeria and still immigrated with their family to come over here. You can upgrade your qualifications and move up fast.
Get out while you can.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olofintunyin: I decided to sign up on this forum because I realise you want to make the biggest mistake of your life. Life is not greener on the other side. I live in the US and have lived in the UK before and some other countries. I am fairly successful but it is not easy. No one, you may not get the equivalent of the job you have in Nigeria here and same with your wife, there are lots of factors on that, your background (college certificates, accents, culture shocks etc). Two, you stand the risk of divorce because it is higher here and our women misbehave more here, and then you will spend the most part of your life supporting them with nothing left for you. 3. Environment: the weather is not favorable The struggle to get all the documents that will allow you to work 4. Jail is not far away from anybody, even when you are decent, it goes from traffic to domestic misbehavior cool, at least you lovely wife will at some point calls a police on you.
However, if your sacrifice is not for you but your kids, then you can move out of Nigeria. This depends on the ages of your kids, if they are above 10 years, do not move. The younger age the better because that will help the integration. I agree that there are challenges back home but the challenges here is far more but different with style. Most challenges in Nigeria are physical, here is emotional and could be more frustrating. That is why suicide is very rampant here even among Nigerians.... All in all.... with your income in Nigeria.... DO NOT LEAVE NIGERIA... May God gives you the hears to listen!

KA24DETT: Dude, Get out while you can . Apply for a school in canada like Memorial university. MUN.CA. Its a very cheap and good school in canada. You can immigrate with your kids.
This is not about you anymore. This is about your kids. You need to give them a better life, better healthcare and better standard of living.
There are things money can't buy in Nigeria. What you get in developed country is a better standard of life and not really the money. I know people like you with higher income in Nigeria and still immigrated with their family to come over here. You can upgrade your qualifications and move up fast.
Get out while you can.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by PopeXanderVII: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ignore posters warning you about racism. Here in the US, if you respect yourself, mind your business and don't act like a Thug you'll be fine.

Your biggest concern should be how you can get a Job that gives you a sensible income. Plan this before you leave Nigeria. You don't want to leave Nigerian and suffer, being poor in a capitalist society is one of the worst things in the World.

Good luck.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by pappilo(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
See ppl dey holla N8M like say na one kind major money. After tax my man go dey see like N6M. Kids school is N1M/yr, house rent will be about that as well. Wetin come remain.

N8M per annum is not enough to send yoir kids to any uni in a developed country not to talk of an Ivy League uni.

I also ran away because of the quality of life and I have never regretted although I still exhibit symptoms from my terrible experience back in Naija. After getting home invaded 3 times in 6 months and several other robberies and cloae shaves, I had to cut man. It will be harder for the OP with a family, if truth be told. I left as a young man with no baggage and a lot of support from home.

4 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by NMotorwerks: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
oolumide: @dasparrow thank for ur highlights. All ur points are valid. African countries option seems a good one. My only challenge with it is that it is mainly southern african countries that are a bit okay. Zimbabwe would have been the best option for me. For it capture the serenity that I desire, but things have gone too bad there since I was last there in 2003. Then it was one of the few countries in africa that you drink water directly from the tap, it was also then the food basket of southern africa. I was once in one of their secondary school and it was like a university in nigeria. But since then a lot has happened. But then thanks for ur input.

My brother, I share your concerns about the situation of things. But please, encourage yourself, with your combined income, I believe by next year you would have been promoted and earn higher. With that said, please objectively analyze all the comments being made here be4 you make the decision that could change your family. There are issues you will have to consider.

1. Green Card (USA) or Resident Permit (Other Countries) If you don't have these, you will curse the day you made the decision.

2. Employment: Getting job here in USA is difficult than be4 now, Unless you are a Nurse or a Pharmacist, a smart one that can study and pass professional exams easily, if you are a Doctor! I don't know, because you will study for years to pass their exam, they are in stages. Even when you pass, to get a Hospital to accept you for the House-manship, I have a Doctor friend that waited for 8 years before he found a Hospital in Porto Rico. He endured menial jobs since. In Nigeria, Bankers are King, not here, You can see a "Bank Manager" making 30 to 40,000.00 per year.

3. At the end of the month nobody cares where u get ur rent, if not don't be surprised to find your belongings on the curb.

4. Education is free up to High School Level, but University? Very expensive.

I hope this will help u in making your decision.
I wish you God's Direction and He will surely direct your path if you diligently seek Him.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Experience top quality life in the US or any developed country and all these ignoramuses shouting "don't leave your job" will never return to that hell-hole called Nigeria.
Only a child who has not seen another man's farm believes his father's farm is the biggest.

4 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by GHANAOGA: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
LEAVE..LEAVE...INFACT RUN TO THE STATES...

Guaranteed future for your kids and the quality of life is unbelievable!!Not those dusty road!
As a student in the States,my stipend is even more than what med doctors earn in my home country.

OP...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.DONT LISTEN TO THE DOOM SAYERS!

3 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Booty4me: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
hmmm op since u said ur worried about ur children future .. why nt just send them abroad to school over der.. guy 10milla per annum no be beans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Ordeal With Thai Embassy And My Trip To Singapore / Arik Airline Resumes Operations After Temporary Suspension / Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.