Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,844 members, 7,879,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:33 PM

Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari (19362 Views)

Where Is General Muhammadu Buhari The APC Presidential Candidate? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by muritay: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Happy Birthday sir, an incorruptible leader

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by ceejay4real(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
My friend go read ur history books thoroughly b4 spewing bullshit here! BTW why ar u derailing this thread? Can see ur heart is full of hate 4 d Igbos. Fvcking BIGOT!!!
AnanseK:

Why did chukwuma Nzeugu kill Tafaw Balewa, Sardauna and Akintola but sent Zik abroad and spared Michael Okpara?
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by 01mcfadden(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
These Buhari's supporters are realy funny.
All these accolades for the man that said Nigeria wont be governable for the elected president and his ranting didnt go unnoticed. After reading them,i scrolled up to be sure again its Buhari's birthday and that they are for him. shocked. It was then i remembered how Nigerians (some) are good in selected amnesia! sad

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Gogetta(m): 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kassidy4luv:
Sorry fella........... I guess U er a sycophant of APC kingdom, politics is abt facts and not fallacies as U guys er made to belive in ur APC zoo.
Buhari, d baboon and Dog general Can neva rule again.
Take it or av a glass of Acid.
you sound like a stark illiterate!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by hakanai(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Happy Birthday Buhari and many good wishes as you mark another year !!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Iykeponti(m): 12:37am On Dec 18, 2013
Dis madness is getting 2much (**) who da phvck is buhari..?
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by dahaz(m): 1:00am On Dec 18, 2013
Iykeponti: Dis madness is getting 2much (**) who da phvck is buhari..?

major General Muhammadu Buhari
Date of Birth: 17/12/1942
Place of Birth: Daura, Katsina State
Married Safinatu Yusuf, 1971, four
daughters.
Education: Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna, 1962; Mons Officer
Cadet School, Aldershot, United
Kingdom, 1962-63; Defence Services
Staff College, Wellington, India,1973.
Career: Joined the military, 1962;
Commissioned Second Lieutenant,
1963; Platoon Commander 2nd
Infantry Brigade, Abeokuta;
Commander 2nd Infantry Battalion
1965-67; appointed Brigade Major, 2
Sector 1st Infantry Division, April
1967; Brigade Major and Commander,
31st Infantry Brigade, 1970-71;
Assistant Adjutant-General 1st
Infantry Division Headquarters,
1971-72; Military Governor North-
Eastern State (Borno State); Federal
Commissioner for Petroleum and
Energy, 1976-78; Chairman, Nigeria
National Petroleum Corporation;
General Officer Commanding (GOC),
3rd Armoured Division, Jos,
1981-83; Head of State and
Commander in Chief, Nigerian Armed
Forces, 1984-85; overthrown in
August 1985 and made to retire from
the Army; released on 13 December,
1988, after 40 months in detention.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 18, 2013
Belated Happy Birthday to you!
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Everfrank(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2013
HBD my role model.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Atyodos: 1:59am On Dec 18, 2013
Happy birthday my General
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by omoredia: 3:03am On Dec 18, 2013
This wicked man!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by condralbede(m): 3:26am On Dec 18, 2013
Keneking: Sai Buhari!!!!

The only man i can wish happy birthday in Nigeria.
Your papa nkor
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by mashin(m): 4:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Happy birthday the people's General,you have come,you have seen and you will conquer. I give you mr TRANSPARENCY.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by ani1offiong(m): 4:49am On Dec 18, 2013
HBD General,at 71 it's time 4u to rest with politice in Nigeria,once again congratulation sir.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 18, 2013
MidasT: God forbid Buhari being the last hope of the common man! God is our last hope. Ur comment alone shows u dont have hope in ur self and abilty. I wonder y u went to school, when turn out this empty with no pride or self confidence. Repent! For not believing that u or anyone from this our generation will outclass our leaders past and present in all ramification.

This is the problems with social media..u'll jst cum and spit out anythn frm ur brain and judge ppls personallity. People whose real name u dnt evn knw? That's too bad. Anyway bak to the point u mentioned, don't tell me you are waiting for God himself to come down and rule nigeria, then fix the ills..whatever miracle God does, its through a man..

I hope you get that now
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 18, 2013
ani1offiong: HBD General,at 71 it's time 4u to rest with politice in Nigeria,once again congratulation sir.

How can he rest when the situation in the country keep getting worse..gone are those days where corruption is done in secret, now its been perpetrated in the most obvious and arrogant manner. How can he rest when security of the common man has collapsed, and by virtue of his military training, it is his responsibilyu, weather in or out of office to provide the needed security in any capacity he can serve. How can he rest where inflation is the order of each day, somethn during his short term regime, he worked hard to control. How can he rest where few individuals like dangote keep raking billions at the expense of the common man. How can he rest, when he was in govt, he made sure the naira had more value than the dollar, whearas the now govt are more intrested in ruining the value of the naira. If you shld have a family, and things are not going on right, no matter how old you are, you consceoince won't let u rest untill you've done the right thing to correct that..people see him as a leader, as the champion of intollerance for corruption, as their candle light in d mist..so why should he give up on the common man who has high hopes on him..cos lefyt to him, personally, I think he has acheived so much and has nothn to loose,
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 18, 2013
Kassidy4luv: Why did Buhari improsned Alex Ekwueme. And housed Shagari??
APC e-rats answer plllllllllllzzzzzz
Oke belgium.
Baboon and Dogs wia. Socked in blood. Nigerians er nt gullible

First of all, am not an apc e-rat bt I'll answer ur questions candidly and hope you help clarify it to other people with same thoughts as you..I guess u shld learn to be polite and civilized next time when you asking questions

Dnt want to go into details, bt let me answer u point blank. Ekweme as the vp then had a lot of presidential ambition, and you and I both know the thin line btwn ethnicity in this country, so ekweme was more of a security threat, and that of the nations unity than shagari..if you had read much abt that incident, am sure you would have also learnt that a lot of other prominent politicians, many from the north were also imprisoned alongside ekweme, because they could easily gather support for unnecessary protest and their by causing discord among the people.

Secondly, abt that baboon and dog soaked with blood.. Its a hausa parable. Biri jini, kare jini..directly meaning baboon blood, dog blood but it simply implies, the difference line would be drawn between the opressor and the opressed..what he meant was that if the pdp rigged the election and the bad governance continues, certainly, a time would come when the common people would revolt..
Its just like the english parable, where you would say, the old man has kicked the bucket, which means the old man had died.
The propaganda abt dat statement was just to further mislead the people abt d personality of buhari, just like all other silly propangandas against him as well..I hope av been able to clarify you enough

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Toktee(m): 6:06am On Dec 18, 2013
Some imbeciles here know nothing about buhari,they hate him cos he is a muslim,some even said he is nt loved by the northeners,some ediots call him bokohallam commander (i mean some illitrates frm that side of naija).
But bokohallam started since 2007 and became an armed group in 2009,buhari made a lynching statement in 2011,so haters,how do you managed to connect buhari with bokohallam as their commander?
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by AnanseK(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2013
01mcfadden:
did mandela context for president then?

Of course he did. Where were you?
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by lebienconnu: 6:34am On Dec 18, 2013
i am honored to join my fellow progressives to wish our ever incorruptible, indefatigable and progressive leader, General Muhammad Buhari, a very happy birthday.

Haters can follow oshiomole's advice. . go and die.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by mayanchi700(m): 7:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Happy Birthday to a true General
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by zeennurei(m): 7:58am On Dec 18, 2013
Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by MidasT(m): 7:58am On Dec 18, 2013
A.jeez:

This is the problems with social media..u'll jst cum and spit out anythn frm ur brain and judge ppls personallity. People whose real name u dnt evn knw? That's too bad. Anyway bak to the point u mentioned, don't tell me you are waiting for God himself to come down and rule nigeria, then fix the ills..whatever miracle God does, its through a man..

I hope you get that now
Yes, God does things thru men, but y do u think God cannot use u or me or any other nairalander? U spoke as if Buhari has become the God in Nigeria without whom nothing works! He has had is shot at power, and there was no much difference when he left than when he came in. U and I are the change agents Nigeria needs now. We have to step out, and become more assertive and objective in our opinions, criticism, praise and sacrifice. We have the tools and the education to implement this change faster than any generation before us. Buhari is not it, period; he is too religiously polarized to garner the critical mass necessary to effect any change. If he can say muslims should only vote for muslims, and cannot openly condemn BH, that means he is not different from any of the present leaders that plays politic with every inconceivable element.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Slimmos(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]Nairalanders today is my birthday also please thank God for mr.olodo am 39years today

thank God for making mr.Olodo Live long glory be to God[/size]

Guy u are still proud of dis ur face.....lwkmd, lmao, lolzz.........guy u ugly ooo...u better remove dat pics b4 u make person blind here.......ur face like idiagbon
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by hubreality(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
ceah: HAPPY BIRTH DAY @ 71 to;

The Only man that didn't promote himself while in office,
The only man that didn't allocate oil block 2 himself or his family,
The only man that didn't build house wit govt fund,
The only man that didn't remove fuel subsidy,
The only man that didn't increase the price of fuel,
The only man that brought down inflation in 1984 from 39% to 3.2%,
The only man that didn't borrow for Nigeria,
The only man whose during his regime, N1 = $1.34,
The man that paid debt owed by Nigeria,
The only former Muslim head of state that has Christian staff for almost 2 decades,
The only man that tackled and crushed Maitatsine insurgency
The only man that ruled without religious discrimination,
The most loved politician in Africa today.
I wish u more healthful, fruitful and blessed years ahead.

Happy 71st Birthday to the man that truely Love Nigeria
Happy Birthday to General Muhammadu Buhari

Happy Birthday to Gen Buhari (rtd), as for the sentimental poster describing Gen as the only this and that...did you forget including "the only man that lost several democratic elections apart from coup, vowed not to go to tribunal nor contest again" but NEVER kept any of those words.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by MidasT(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2013
A.jeez:

Secondly, abt that baboon and dog soaked with blood.. Its a hausa parable. Biri jini, kare jini..directly meaning baboon blood, dog blood but it simply implies, the difference line would be drawn between the opressor and the opressed..what he meant was that if the pdp rigged the election and the bad governance continues, certainly, a time would come when the common people would revolt..
Its just like the english parable, where you would say, the old man has kicked the bucket, which means the old man had died.
The propaganda abt dat statement was just to further mislead the...
Mr, u explanation is not teneble. It lacks basis and merit, and the dislocation between it and the said quote is very obvious even to a new learner of english language. The Baboon and Dog clearly refer to a race of people in Nigeria, and i dont see how someone will be soaked in blood and still be alive. As before, and as typical of the General, he is again inciting a handful of his fundamentalist islamic followers from the North to perpetuate violence if power does not return to the north. And i think its high time we discuss and negotiate the social and political basis for our continued existence as a nation. Nobody has the monopoly of violence in Nigeria, just that as southerners, we are much more restrained, and more tolerant.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Has you and I? Or another nairalander vied for the office of the presidency yet? Do you and I, right now have the qualities, experience, support, and the capabality to steer the country out of the troubling waters it found itself into? Does you and I or any other nairalander has a shot at presidency in 2015? Am not an objective personality, am a very subjective person, and the earlier u and many others realise that, the better.. Good leadership, it doesn't matter your Age, your religion, man or woman, adult or child, tribe or religion as long as you have the qualities that potrays you better than your opponents..stop being selfish Man..leadership isnt just abt you and I or any other nairalander..who d cap fits, let them wear it-Bob marley
MidasT: Yes, God does things thru men, but y do u think God cannot use u or me or any other nairalander? U spoke as if Buhari has become the God in Nigeria without whom nothing works! He has had is shot at power, and there was no much difference when he left than when he came in. U and I are the change agents Nigeria needs now. We have to step out, and become more assertive and objective in our opinions, criticism, praise and sacrifice. We have the tools and the education to implement this change faster than any generation before us. Buhari is not it, period; he is too religiously polarized to garner the critical mass necessary to effect any change. If he can say muslims should only vote for muslims, and cannot openly condemn BH, that means he is not different from any of the present leaders that plays politic with every inconceivable element.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Let me take u bak to your first quote of my post..you refered to me with derogatory words, you judged me without knowing a thing about me..its the same thing you doing here..I doubt if you really know the person of GMB, and his regime..for a starters, pls read the beginning of the thread and the eulogies the Op made abt the general, just maybe, if only you can remove that attitude of judging people b4 you know a thing abt them, you'll b a much better person

Then secondly, its obvious you just tryn to twist the hausa parable and that's very laughable..kare jini, biri jini..if u shld translate it directly to english means, dog' blood', 'baboon blood, now in. Hausa, if you are to refer to it as a Dog's blood, and a baboon's blood, it'll be "Jinin kare, da Jinin Biri (note the difference) which then can even be realted to the classification you gave.
Then another thing you mentioned abt him being a religious bigot. Let me refer you to a post earlier on by someone who listed the various position Buhari had held in the past, and then in his words, he said "I have served in so many capacities in different part of the country at different times. I have worked under, worked with, and worked above so many people,
And I have challenged them, let one of them come out and show me just one person I have ever discriminated based on his/her religion"
MidasT: Mr, u explanation is not teneble. It lacks basis and merit, and the dislocation between it and the said quote is very obvious even to a new learner of english language. The Baboon and Dog clearly refer to a race of people in Nigeria, and i dont see how someone will be soaked in blood and still be alive. As before, and as typical of the General, he is again inciting a handful of his fundamentalist islamic followers from the North to perpetuate violence if power does not return to the north. And i think its high time we discuss and negotiate the social and political basis for our continued existence as a nation. Nobody has the monopoly of violence in Nigeria, just that as southerners, we are much more restrained, and more tolerant.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by ATMCARD2(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2013
Wish hm many more BOMBS ahead.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by Princeadedimeji: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2013
emmalexabl:

You aren't getting ur tenses right...angry angry
I suggest you buy yourself a proper dictionary.
Keep listening to internet radio stations like BBC.,watch tv shows in English..etc
Goodluck.

Meanwhile, in other news:
BOKOHARAM MARKS 4th year of volunteerism.
angry

Don't be bias Man.
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by eliz1: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2013
TeaParty: The only man that brought terrorism to Nigeria, Pls Go and Dieeeeeeee.

not only man, what of ibb, atiko, etc
Re: Happy Birthday To General Muhammadu Buhari by eliz1: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Toktee: Some imbeciles here know nothing about buhari,they hate him cos he is a muslim,some even said he is nt loved by the northeners,some ediots call him bokohallam commander (i mean some illitrates frm that side of naija).
But bokohallam started since 2007 and became an armed group in 2009,buhari made a lynching statement in 2011,so haters,how do you managed to connect buhari with bokohallam as their commander?
what do you mean? was buhari born 2008 or 2009 that he couldn't participate in the formation of bokoharam? boko haram started in earlier 80's and have been changing names from one decade to another but their agenda remain thesame, "islamise Nigeria". so my friend you lack knowledge about what was and is happening in Nigeria especially in the north. i am a northerner and i am talking out of experience and what we have been seeing and hearing with our own eyes in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Governor Wike Arrives Enugu Airport, Welcomed By Governor Ugwuanyi (photos) / Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.