Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,834 members, 7,915,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (36295 Views)

Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious / Worst Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by slyk2(m): 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
these people living abroad should not just brand everything Nigerian bad.

as you reported the man behind the deal was fired, its ups for them and you.

the new generation banks are our toast, but when you want the safety of
your cash, trust them. I love them, its a blue chip company with sound fundamentals.

if you spike UNION BANK, wait untill the other banks deals with you, giving you
sound accounting jargons eg up country payment, COT, monthly bla-bla,
when they come into e-banking your money will experince high velocity in
depreciation without prior info.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by abbeyjesu(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hey Guys, i'm a banker in one of the  new generation banks. i quite agree with all the comments u guys have been making so far but i feel that we are missing up things here.
Firstly, we are not even sure of the dynamics & facts of the transactions the poster was doing with Union bank- therefore, it would be inappropriate to pass comments on such.
Secondly, lapses on the part of a staff or a flop in respect of a transaction does not warrant an hasty generalization that the bank is bad.
Also, as human beings are not born equal, so also all banks are not the same in respect to staff quality, ICT compliant, exceptional service and what have you.
However, one thing i know for sure is that Union bank still remains one of the most respected amd most patronised by our old fathers and pensioners. the bank has a robust capital base and has good corporate governance. if not so, CBN and NDIC would ve sanctioned it appropriately.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by donugapi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
hbrednic:

you had better find something else to say or short the mess up.

My guy why e dey pain you. I just posted my opinion. I bank with union bank not of my own will and i know what customers go through even in other branches. I ain't shutting up. If its hurting you that bad, [b]WHY DON'T YOU GO AND SCREW YOURSELF
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by babaogun(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
I have had terrible banking situations with HSBC (biggest bank in UK) & Barclays Bank in the UK, Not that i think Union Bank is the best bank in naija though.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Gbosko: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2008
@AbbeyJesu,

Yes. Agreed that we are not totally clear about the dynamics of the transaction the poster had with Union bank, but that doesn't change the fact that Union bank has just not woken up to the realities of modern day banking. That bank's services is still reeling in the 80's! The last time I was in the bank, there was these fat rotund rude woman with an ugly twitch on her face that make her seem like someone is sticking up a rod up her a**se. The woman and the staff at the bank were behaving as if they were doing us a favour by even listening to our complaints then. The whole bank hall was scattered, everything lying everywhere. Common man, This kind of forum talk is necessary to highlight the substandard practices in the banking system. The customers surely deserve better!
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Mustay(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
Taking another look at the topic:
Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012

This is a prediction sortof grin
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by shawamma(m): 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
uote from: nedra on Today at 03:25:57 PM
@ poster
i am a banker but not wt union bank. i must say its not wise postin such comments about a bank here. its true they are not up to standard, but they will never steal your money. i must say that banks like zenith, inter and oceanic are not half as good as they claim to be.
eg: i sent money to my brother who uses oceanic bnk, but it took him a week to get d money. reasons were that their network was down for almost a week. d system can never be perfect. please accept that

good thinking
i support your settlement
i don't think this is proper

My dear (both of you above), its not good to castigate a bank here but on a second thought; its high time we called a spade a spade and not an agricultural equipment. this bank in your eyes and in my eyes has absolutely refused to grow(modernize) in this modern and computer age. we might be saying this here, who knows, may be because of this we all have posted, they might start to have a re-think on how to improve and vanish their obsolete modus operandi.
We are basically giving them encouragement and advice thats all cos they still remain naijas no.1 bank in terms of assets base. correct me if am wrong.

one luv house
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by lexicon(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hello house, I am recommending   GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC  to you all, I have  Domi acc, Current Acc and Saving Acc with the bank , and infact they  operate a ZERO account. Their service is excellent, fantastic and historical, the only BUT there is that you will receive a minimum of 2 text messages after each transaction, which is resolveable, Guaranty for sure,
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Gonorrhea(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
lexicon:

Hello house, I am recommending GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC to you all, I have Domi acc, Current Acc and Saving Acc with the bank , and infact they operate a ZERO account. Their service is excellent, fantastic and historical, the only BUT there is that you will receive a minimum of 2 text messages after each transaction, which is resolveable, Guaranty for sure,

thank you, gauranty trust bank employee!!
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by FidoDido1: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
Know this is not alltogether related, but does everyone on Nairaland live in JD?Most dont rili know jack about wats REALLY goin down in NAIJA!Lame lame yarns PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by FidoDido1: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2008
Know this is not alltogether related, but does everyone on Nairaland live in JD?Most dont rili know jack about wats REALLY goin down in NAIJA!Lame lame yarns PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2008
@poster

My auntie works at union banl. That you did pass through some irregularities doesnt make everyone that works at union bank thieves. You might have been unlucky to fall into the hands of dubious people that works at union bank.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Gonorrhea(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
bigmodo:

@poster

My auntie works at union banl. That you did pass through some irregularities doesnt make everyone that works at union bank thieves. You might have been unlucky to fall into the hands of dubious people that works at union bank.

grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
I wonder why you said Union Bank was the worst, that's not true the real owner of the award is UBA. Please i demand that you give an unreserved apology to UBA. grin

Now I consider people who say system is down as unserious. For real have you ever tried using Google and it tells you system is down systems are built to have 99.9% uptime not you claiming systems down repeatedly. It's pathetic. Simple upgrade your systems, get better Network administrators and pay them well. I can't forget the nasty experience at UBA Bodija Branch. After waiting in line and been tossed around it finally got to my turn and the lady said i should join the next line cause her system has frozen (hung).
Men i just felt pity for them cause there's something wrong with them and they just don't know it. My friends thought i was exagerating until one of them had to deposit into my account and by the time she eventually succeeded, she gave me a call and said why do you bank with this kind of people
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by gentlegg(m): 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
UNION BANK IS YESTERDAY'S BANK

OTHER BANKS ARE TODAY'S BANK ALONE

BUT GUARANTY TRUST BANK IS THE BANK OF TODAY & TOMMORROW (The Best Bank in Nigeria).

UBA (The worst bank in Nigeria)
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by keba(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ poster
u just signed up to nairaland and the very first thing u do is to
lash out at this bank. were u paid to do this or what it
is very bad of you to do this even if trully they are backwards
technologically.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Tats(m): 12:41am On Aug 01, 2008
It is the worst bank in Nigeria! Antiquated policies and little sense of customer service.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by donugapi(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2008
Fido Dido:

Know this is not alltogether related, but does everyone on Nairaland live in JD?Most don't rili know jack about wats REALLY goin down in NAIJA!Lame lame yarns PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,

My man am feeling you on this one. This is a fact that really annoys me. Some nairalanders living abroad that don't even know how things here first hand pass some comments without even knowing how stuff is down here some of them have been there for 10-12yrs without touching down in naija and dem go dey talk. BS
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by lexicon(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2008
ASHAWO no dey fight ooooooooooooooo
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by rasputinn(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2008
@ poster,

Firstly,you did not really give us the nature of the forex loan you took from them.
You also said they fired someone that tried to take money from you,what does that mean,does it mean the guy or the bank tried to short change you.

Secondly,you wanted to do a forex deal and the first bank you thought of was union bank.They are a sound bank no doubt(with their huge govt deposits and fathers and grand fathers deposit)but they've not really jumped on the bandwagon of IT revolution in the banking sector.They are lagging behind in product innovations and customer/deposit drive etc
However,some of us like them for their consistent rewards to shareholders

Thirdly and finally,all banks have their own stories my man,I secured a line of credit from a so-called "new generation bank" last year,but my auditors took sa look @ my statement and discovered an overcharge of about 4 million naira.Others charge crazy rates to do TT for you from your dorm account to overseas banks,some even charge COT on savings account,the list goes on and on and on.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Jokhe: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2008
I once entered Union Bank's head office during my job-hunt quest. Guess what i saw, One of the receptionists was busy working; only that it was on a piece of 'agabalumo'. She wasn't even eating it discreetly, it was to the full glare of the faithfuls that still patronize them. They have the most horrible branch offices. The frontage of a branch in Lagos Island cld be mistaken for a mecho's workshop. Lizards run around in one of their branches in Maiduguri and trust the abokis, in readiness for the long wait, thay go to the bank with their mats, I could go on, and nothing will change. Why?
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Gbosko: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
The Central Bank had never hidden its intention to make the Nigerian banking system measure up to speed. But the main problem the apex body has got to deal with is the issue of monitoring and enforcing standard compliance. It bespeaks imagination to think that the amount of shit-service the likes of Union bank and UBA had been dishing to their customers had been going on for so long whilst unchecked. The real pain is that in Nigeria, if such Banks were sued for failure to deliver promised service, nothing will come out of such law suits. So sad!
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by MRBOGUS77: 2:21am On Oct 11, 2010
LOOK PEOPLE, IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THIS BANK ON A EMAIL RECEIVED, THEN YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED, PERIOD!!! IT IS A 419 SCAM AND IT USUALLY INVOLVES SOME SORT OF LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY OVER $15M CLAIMING THEY WILL NEED BANKING INFORMATION TO WIRE TRANSFER THE FUNDS TO YOU. YOU WILL REPLY THEN THEY WILL SAY YO NEED TO PAY FEES FOR TRANSFER, FOR RECORDING DOCUMENTS ETC. IT IS ALL A SCAM, YOU WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO SEND THE MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION TO A PERSON NOT TO THE BANK--NOW DOESN'T THAT SOUND FISHY WHEN THE MONEY IS OWED TO THE BANK AND IT OS GOING TO A PERSON C'MON PEOPLE WAKE UP ANYTHING OVER THE INTERNET FROM NIGERIA OR THE U.K PROMISING GREAT MONEY FOR A LITTLE INVESTMENT IS A S C A M PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! THESE PEOPLE OVER THERE ARE SMART, THEY MAKE MILLIONS ON YOU THAT ARE TO DUMB TO FIGURE IT OUT, NEVER SEND MONEY BY WESTERN UNION TO ANYONE, SEND IT TO THE BANK IF IT EVEN EXISTS, GOOGLE OR BING THE BANK FIRST, CALL OR EMAIL THE BANK AND SEND THEM THE EMAIL AND ASK THEM TO VERIFY THE INFORMATION, YOU WILL GET A REPLY THAT SAYS IT IS A SCAM EVEY TIME, NEVER RESPOND TO ANY EMAIL FROM THE FBI OR INTERPOL ALL SCAMS, IN FACT, THE FBI WANTS ALL INTERPOL EMAILS SENT TO THEM THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE WWW.IC3.GOV AND ATTACH THE EMAIL BECAUSE IT IS A EXTORTION EMAIL, THEY ARE JUMPING ON THESE IMMEDIATELY. REMEMBER, IF IS SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS!! DO NOT FALL FOR THE EMAILS THAT SAY I WANT TO "DONATE" MY MONEY EITHER, THEY ARE ALL SCAMS COMING FROM NIGERIA OR IRAN THROUGH NIGERIA/U.K. AND NIGERIA THEY ALL GO THROUGH NIGERIA AT ONE POINT JUST CHECK THE PHONE NUMBERS THEY GIVE IN THE EMAIL TO CALL. GOOGLE THE EMAIL FOR SCAMS, IT WILL SHOW UP. OR DO NOTHING AND SPEND YOUR MONEY AND GET NOTHING, IF YOU WANT,JUST SEND ME YOUR MONEY, I CAN USE IT MORE THAN THEY CAN, BE AWARE!!!
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by consalat: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
Nigerian Youths!! please grow up and stop following band wagons. That one guy who claimed not to live in Nigeria came up with a story of his ordeal with a bank is not enough for all of us to just sit down and write unspeakable things about a bank that the staff strength maybe made up of one or more of our relations. Lets not forget that this same bank is one of the highest employers in the industry with over 300 network of branches and more than 7,000 staff strength. If this bank places its advert on the newspapers today, all of you will scramble to apply and get employed. Below standard or not, Union Bank has 80% dedicated and credible staff who are not eager to make money in dubious ways and this has made majority of our parents and even government parastatals die hard customers. Come to think of it, during the uproar in the banking industry, can anyone one of us pinpoint anything that was held against their GMD? unlike all other GMDs involved. I will rather keep my money where it is safe and can take me 2days to get than where its unsafe and will be used for the development of other countries. Take it or you leave it, Union Bank is still BIG, STRONG AND VERY RELIABLE because if after all the restructuring in the banking industry they are still standing, then it means some of you are missing it somewhere. Even with all the restructuring, Union Bank has stood the test of time. Very soon some of the banks you are marketing for will become history and Union Bank will still Stand. In summary, visit any of the branches today and see the transformation that has place via the new management. I have been banking with them and they have been very reliable. Let us all stop this falacy of hasty generalization, it will take us no where rather commend people where they are right and reprimand where they are wrong.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by frankbonus(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2011
you are all entitle to your opinions, "they are thieves, insane, outdated, should be liquidated bla bla bla , not even CBN could succeed in liquidating the bank, cos it is still strong . all your false accusation did not stop the likes of oil companies, Silver bird construction companies from patronising them , oh that's what I term reliability. they still have about 400 branches in Nija alone that I call strong. But if you can liquidate them go ahead but if not go and resolve ur problem with them. shocked
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by omotititi: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
The poster has not sufficiently explained to us if he is an account holder with Union Bank.From his write-up,it is clear that he has been dealing with fraudsters who kept shifting the goal post to extort more money from him.

In standard banking practice,loans are not granted to individuals through forex companies or third parties as claimed in this case.I think some scammers are using his head and making him believe that he is dealing with Union Bank .Union Bank is a very ethical bank and will do no such thing like asking a customer to pay to get his account reactivated.

I do not know how a transfer transaction can last for over six months.The questions we need to ask the poster before castigating Union Bank are :
1.Does he have an account with the bank?
2.Where in Nigeria did he open his account and was it done by him or by the scammers?
3.Whose funds is it that he wants trasnfered to him?
4.What is the source of the fund?

I am very sure that the poster does not have the answers to the above questions.

He has been used by some fraudulent boys who are using the banks name to make their sinister business look real.PLEASE LEAVE UNION BANK ALONE
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Mustay(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
This was quite a projection that lasted 3 years. Perhaps 2013 'll make them better
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by ness90(m): 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
where are these fools now? if you had issues go to them and get it addressed. I waited this long to see if your write up here will do anything. I bank with them and they are BIG STRONG AND RELIABLE. Do you call Oceanic and those fraud banks bank. Union Ban, my Bank.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by 222Martins(m): 12:08am On Nov 14, 2012
Lol, the bank is so unreliable you say. But i just made about 100percent profits by buying and selling their shares few weeks ago. What a world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid / Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / New Style Of Shoplifting, Shop Owners Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.