Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,970 members, 7,909,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 09:19 AM

Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President (28582 Views)

Zuriel Oduwole With US Top Executives - Photos / Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter / 13-year-old Zuriel Oduwole Interviews Buhari In The US(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by texanomaly(f): 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
She was born in the US, so should be qualified to run for Presidency or Vice Presidency.

So the Congresional Research group now concluded that people born abroad to US citizens, qualify as natural born citizens... Interesting development.

This could explain the timing:

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A 2010 billboard displayed in South Gate, California questioning the validity of Barack Obama's birth certificate and by extension his eligibility to serve as President of the U.S.[1] The billboard was part of an advertising campaign by WorldNetDaily, whose URL appears on the billboard's bottom right corner.[2]

In response to the conspiracy theories, the White House released copies of the President's long-form birth certificate on April 27, 2011, and posted an image of it to the White House website,[3] reaffirming that he was born on August 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii.
During Barack Obama's campaign for president and in the years following his election, many conspiracy theories have been circulated, asserting that he is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and consequently, under Article Two of the U.S. Constitution, is ineligible to be President of the United States.
Theories allege that Obama's published birth certificate is a forgery—that his actual birthplace is not Hawaii but Kenya. Other theories allege that Obama became a citizen of Indonesia in childhood, thereby losing his U.S. citizenship. Still others claim that Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen because he was born a dual citizen (British and American). Some political commentators have characterized these various claims as a racist reaction to Obama's status as the first African American president of the United States.[4]
Such claims have been promoted by fringe theorists ("birthers"wink, some of whom have sought court rulings either declaring Obama ineligible to take office, or granting access to various documents which they claim exist, and which they claim would evidence such ineligibility; none of these efforts have been successful. Some political opponents, especially in the Republican Party, have expressed skepticism about Obama's citizenship or been unwilling to acknowledge it;[5] some have proposed legislation which would require presidential candidates to provide proof of eligibility.[5]
Expressed belief in such theories has persisted despite Obama's pre-election release of his official Hawaiian birth certificate in 2008;[1] confirmation, based on the original documents, by the Hawaii Department of Health;[6] the April 2011 release of a certified copy of Obama's original Certificate of Live Birth (or long-form birth certificate); and contemporaneous birth announcements published in two Hawaii newspapers.[7] Polls conducted in 2010 suggested that at least one quarter of adult Americans said that they doubted Obama's U.S. birth,[8][9] while a May 2011 Gallup poll found that 13% of American adults (23% of Republicans) continued to express such doubts.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
50calibre:

Lol does Obama have dual citizenship? I never thought he'd bother about a Kenyan or Indonesian passport.

His father was a Kenyan grin
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
@Texanomaly: The fringe wing of the Republican party have long doubted Obama's eligibility. Last year, I saw a poll where 30% of Republicans that were interviewed thought that he was not a US citizen.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by manny4life(m): 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
Republicans are hateful so what's the use of entertaining their disbelief?
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by omajali2003(m): 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
grin
Big4wig: I love kids with great ambitions no b like all does warri boys wey dey find who to kidnapcheesy.

#BIGWIG

Or nairalanders dancing skelewu and typing 'first to comment'
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
omajali2003: grin

Or nairalanders dancing skelewu and typing 'first to comment'
grin grin
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by GP15: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
50calibre: The girl's mum is clearly British, she has a British accent while her father has an American accent. I'm curious as to how they met.

Her mum is not British, but Jewish American
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by 50calibre(m): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan:

His father was a Kenyan grin

Yeah but that doesn't mean he is Kenyan. You have to apply for citizenship, has Obama made an application to the Kenyan authorities?
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by 50calibre(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
GP15:

Her mum is not British, but Jewish American

Very well! Her accent is definitely not American, it sounds British.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yeye girl

Doesn't she know that in the next 25yrs Mexicans are taking over everything in US tongue
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by texanomaly(f): 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan: @Texanomaly: The fringe wing of the Republican party have long doubted Obama's eligibility. Last year, I saw a poll where 30% of Republicans that were interviewed thought that he was not a US citizen.

I am a republican. Every potential president must go through the same verification process. It never occurred to me he wasn't a US citizen until the conspiracy theories started to circulate. Once it was verified that he met the requirement, I never gave it a second thought. To be honest, I did not vote for Barak Obama. I have never voted for a Democratic President. I vote on policy. I do not agree with most of his liberal policies. If he was a conservative Republican, even a quasi-conservative of some sort, I would have considered him a viable choice. Though I did not vote for him, I respect the office, and what he has achieved. He is my president.

To some, race must have been the deciding factor in creating the conspiracy theories. It did create heated racial discussions. I don't believe it started that way though. I think it stems from Republican ‘butthurt’. Unfortunately, some Americans are still racist bigots. These people (and I use that term loosely) took this ball and ran with it.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by yormite: 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
How i wish i was also born in d united states but its too late
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
She is joking! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Thank you.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Brilliant is an understatment... She has lots of potential.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by manny4life(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
texanomaly:

I am a republican. Every potential president must go through the same verification process. It never occurred to me he wasn't a US citizen until the conspiracy theories started to circulate. Once it was verified that he met the requirement, I never gave it a second thought. To be honest, I did not vote for Barak Obama. I have never voted for a Democratic President. I vote on policy. I do not agree with most of his liberal policies. If he was a conservative Republican, even a quasi-conservative of some sort, I would have considered him a viable choice. Though I did not vote for him, I respect the office, and what he has achieved. He is my president.

To some, race must have been the deciding factor in creating the conspiracy theories. It did create heated racial discussions. I don't believe it started that way though. I think it stems from Republican ‘butthurt’. Unfortunately, some Americans are still racist bigots. These people (and I use that term loosely) took this ball and ran with it.

No offense, but you're the FIRST republican who's not a public figure or politician that have made sense... I'm surprised.

Then again, Republicans and Conservative go hand in hand, don't it? I have NEVER like MOST of the Conservative policies because it's one of the reasons why America has been plunged into the debt hole and economic crisis today. I'd take a moderate liberal leaning towards some conservative ideologies than a moderate conservative, the two don't mix.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by kevoh(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Now these are the kind of threads that should always make frontpage. The ones that when you read will either inspire you to act positively within your immediate environment or encourage you to be a source of inspiration to those under you.

Not some stupeed thread on demons and objects,techno or complaining that internet speed is too fast!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gimmick.

There are many black Girls more qualified than her academically and philantroically.

Last time I checked the Presidetns of African countries don't vote to elect an American President.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Vicjay1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Me self want become the president of Brazil
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Profkomolafe(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
if zuriel oduwole can can, then , me also can can......People laugh at me when i tell them about my SENATORIAL AMBITION.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Ahmedie25(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wish those that are saying male child is better female child will learn for this little girl.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by texanomaly(f): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
yormite: How i wish i was also born in d united states but its too late

You know this type of thing is said a lot here on Nairaland. It saddens me.

Then I see statements like this:

p.josh:

Why can't she not dream to become Nigeria's next president? IMO, US will never elect a black president again.

kevoh:
Now these are the kind of threads that should always make frontpage. The ones that when you read will either inspire you to act positively within your immediate environment or encourage you to be a source of inspiration to those under you.

Not some stupeed thread on demons and objects,techno or complaining that internet speed is too fast!

Profkomolafe:
if zuriel oduwole can can, then , me also can can......People laugh at me when i tell them about my SENATORIAL AMBITION.

I start to have new hope for Nigeria. This 11 year old girl, and others like her, could be the catalyst that will wake Nigerians up. Make them see that together they can make a difference. They can rise up, and put aside tribal rivalries that allow oppression and corruption to breed and prosper. (Together-One-Mighty) They can take an interest in their government. They can look beyond their front door, and see this country for what it could become.

MyJoe:
Where is Nigeria headed?
In the absence of good leadership, anything can happen, but it’s most likely to continue tottering as it is. If a good leader comes, the country still has enough materials and people to make it one of the world’s top ten.

Stop this defeatist attitude. Pick yourself up, and do something about the problems. Rather than complain, and leave the country for the politicians to rap.e and defile her. This child has done more in her 11 years than many will do in a lifetime.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world." Abraham Lincoln

JUST SAYIN’

no vex please...

2 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by gothrones(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
How is she Nigerian? Having a Nigerian last name does not make one a Nigerian. Anyway, I commend her ambition. We need more of this.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by TheWhiteLynchM(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
senator yerima is in his palour watching stv and he's liking wat he sees...nw he makes a mischievious grin as he grabs below of his trousers....nw he begins 2 plot a plan...

*lol, jst pun intended*
bt seriously God punish any spirit of yerima in dis gal lyf...can i get an Ahmen?
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by ChiSun27(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
I av seen a wyf. kiss
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by gothrones(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
^
Paedophile!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by MANOSUB(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
The girl is intelligent. The only diff between a born in US and Nigeria is the opportunity given to them cuz we have kids like her here in Nigeria. Their parents and the society dont give them the chance to thrive

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by tomzman: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wish her all the very best.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Bome01(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Well Goodluck to him! Obama did it, so can he!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by gothrones(m): 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
MANOSUB: The girl is intelligent. The only diff between a born in US and Nigeria is the opportunity given to them cuz we have kids like her here in Nigeria. Their parents and the society dont give them the chance to thrive

Gbam!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Akiika: 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
That Nigerian blood in her no go let them risk am!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by DalitsoB: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
So why doesn't she want to be the next Nigerian president?? idiot!!!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by mystical10: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Built2last: Go kid, there is nothing impossible under heaven. if I was your father i will push all funds for your build up towards that dream. Guide you on the choice of course of study, books and associations to join. Above all you need God. He alone guarantees life and good health to see that dream come through.

Tony Elumelu was asked to introduce himself in a bank in 1983, He said i am Tony Elumelu, a future Bank CEO in the making.

He rose to be it and surpassed it.

go kid.
surpassed it by stealling our money hooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

White Witches Back Jonathan To Beat Buhari / Bukola Saraki Releases A Press Statement After Tweets Went Wrong / Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.