Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,591 members, 7,895,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 08:39 AM

Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn (39472 Views)

Nigeria’s GDP To Hit $2trn By 2030, If… —lai Mohammed. / Nigeria's Economy is Among The Largest in the World, says Jonathan / Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by MrEverest(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2013
jfking2005: One guy fabricated the story, another guy in the publisher printed it and the others quoted it for Nairaland and media purposes.
this is what you see when there is no job for the youth.
In reality it does not tranlate to anything from an average nigerian persperctive because the last time i check dollar has not come down below 160, price of foodstuff is still high, looter and corruption has increase with impunity in the highest rate so far.
If you have not been to SA then continue to let them be fooling you,
pls ask those who have been there. What i am reading here is not what is actually on ground in SA,
Ask your self why is SA preventin Naija from entry these day??
God will help us to know the truth and 1 day it will set us free.

When you don't know and do not know that you don't know and yet think that you knows makes you a sick re.ter.d!
South Africa may have better infrastructure and a higher number of blue chip companies than Nigeria but that does not mean they must have a higher GDP, the world bank discovered that small and medium scale enterprises is the most influential factor in GDP growth, simply because it creates far more number of jobs and a multiplier effect across board unlike blue chip companies and that is why they have kept preaching for its enhancement in Nigeria. Already, Nigeria has a very vibrant and enterprising populace coupled with our huge population and this is the advantage we have over SA.
India is not more developed than so many European and even other Asian countries yet they rank higher than these countries in terms of overall GDP, this is simply due to India's huge population. Now let me explain to you in lay man's parlance; if 5 men has 100 naira each, it will amount to 500 naira but on the other hand, if 20 men has 50 naira each, it will amount to 1000 naira, so even when the 20 men are individually poorer, they are collectively richer than the 5 men in gross total!
I hope this explains it to you and other nay Sayers.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2013
I'll studiously ignore you!
BluIvy:

Yes, mr ignoroumus, for a country to starve there should be no direct financial benefits recorded. Now tell me how nigerians base their superior poverty status without credible fincial gain?

Yes a government that affords to give an allowance to its citizens to soften poverty means they can afford. Is it not what many nigerians run to the UK even in SA to take advantage of and even scam the systen claiming the same handouts?
Stlaela!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by MrEverest(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2013
tippyboy:

Mtcheeeeeew, after all dis long story of gud economy in Nigeria, 1 US dollar = 159.3000 Nigerian naira, abeg how does dis gud economy rilly affect us gan gan, I won no?

You quoted the whole article just to write this nonsense? So pathetic if you ask me.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Kjking(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2013
phantonce: And are we supposed to celebrate?
brazil with same population with nigeria has a gdp of over 2 trillion do
lars.
hw dat affects the price of garri and tomato is wat u should tell me.
mtcheeeeeeeew.
admin,kindly move this thread to travel section.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
peole lyk u are hard to please!!! The brazil ur comparing nigeria to, do u knw how old der are?? Did dae get to wer dae are in a day??
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2013
K.j king:
peole lyk u are hard to please!!! The brazil ur comparing nigeria to, do u knw how old der are?? Did dae get to wer dae are in a day??
seriously, if cyberspace were some sort of physical realm, I'd have killed a substantial number of nairalanders...
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 21, 2013
aaronson: Its not about Economical Development But Economical Growth,yes we have overtaken SouthAfrica but an average nigerian still live below 1dollar per day....how can you equate that to the preached development when 90% of nigerians wallow in abject poverty abegi make una go sitdon

You can't even recharge your phone with 1 dollar.. Unless you wan buy 100 naira card.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2013
Where's that dumbo black-ivy..
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Obrafour(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2013
scipher:
accra resembles Ibadan

Adamskuty: is that accra,ghana's best city shocked

more like onitsha
You guys have started again abi? I thought this was nairaland and not cedisland? Observers will watch silently but will blame Ghanaians when we reply in kind!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2013
mistypiper:

You can't even recharge your phone with 1 dollar.. Unless you wan buy 100 naira card.
not just that, quite a number of people would have died of hunger
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 8:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Haba, it's enough jare, enough of this Nigeria vs Ghana vs South Africa vs Kenya vs entire Africa embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2013
Obrafour: You guys have started again abi? I thought this was nairaland and not cedisland?
My friend keep shut. When gaints are talking, burnt offering poverty stricken people like gaynaians shouldn't say a word.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2013
90% of Nigerians live on 1dollar per daily?
Only dunces like gaynaians and south Africans would believe this propaganda...
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2013
Obrafour:

You guys have started again abi? I thought this was nairaland and not cedisland? Observers will watch silently but will blame Ghanaians when we reply in kind!
it truly looks like onisha.. so?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2013
scipher: not just that, quite a number of people would have died of hunger
That's what they don't comprehend...
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2013
Funny!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Obrafour(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2013
iconize:
My friend keep shut. When gaints are talking, burnt offering poverty stricken people like gaynains shouldn't say a word.
I Hope observers are watching.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Obrafour(m): 8:50am On Dec 21, 2013
scipher:
it truly looks like onisha.. so?
So I get it that you won't mind when I post lagos pictures on this Thread huh?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by eaxes: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2013
lars.
mtcheeeeeeeew.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Dude U̶̲̥̅̊ are comparing apples and oranges ¢☺§ ψє are both totally different countries Ψi† different histories Ãήϑ different stages of development. Brazil should even ß top 3 economy in the world if U̶̲̥̅̊ ask me. If U̶̲̥̅̊ J§† look at the southern part of the country which is mostly european they can ß compared †☺ any first word country. I†'s the northern part of the country that is lettin brazil down which is more minority population based.
Also brazil has over 200million people and Naij is J§† over 130million (forget all those bullshit stats, ψє arε̲̣̣̣̥ not close †☺ even 160million).
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 21, 2013
In many ways i think the reported figure understates the true amount considering how bad we are at data collection and the informal sector of the economy --there are more Nigerian farmers and hustlers than white collared accountants and engineers-- which may not have been factored in. The true amount may be between 600 and 700 billion dollars. 20 million unaccounted nigerians in informal sectors with an output of 10k usd (1.6m) easily adds 200bn usd to the total gdp figure. The most relevant stat we shud be looking at is the per capita income which still will not rise by much considering our population size. We'll need a 5 trillion economy to be considered a middle income country.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by nero69: 8:57am On Dec 21, 2013
Shine It: Fresh air no go kill me abeg. I used to say fresh air till 2019 but I was wrong.

FRESH AIR TILL 2023 at least. Later y'all.

old boy you make me laugh this afternoon..2023? Those Gambari no go gree o. even 2019 no sure with baba iyabo and co plotting
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Arnoldo(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2013
lars.
mtcheeeeeeeew.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
and how old is brazil? dont you think we have to start from somewhere b4 we get there ...try and be positive for once
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Theben(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2013
Obrafour: So I get it that you won't mind when I post lagos pictures on this Thread huh?
You must be a very good Ghanaian patriot. Always going about looking for threads where Ghana/Ghanaian is being insulted. E-fights must be giving you a great relief from boredom. Enjoy sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Adamskuty(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2013
Obrafour: I Hope observers are watching.
what of that of abuja which is much developed than lagos? cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2013
Obrafour: I Hope observers are watching.
And I repeat shut up..you're from a weak country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Obrafour(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2013
Theben:
You must be a very good Ghanaian patriot. Always going about looking for threads where Ghana/Ghanaian is being insulted. E-fights must be giving you a great relief from boredom. Enjoy sha.
You see hypocrisy? So commenting on the sports thread is looking for trouble huh? You look on when your people insult Ghanaians, but have issues when we reply. Notice that I have been civil with the gentleman who has rained insults on me withouth provocation? If I start now, I will be remembered that this place is nairaland and not cedisland.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2013
eaxes:
Dude U̶̲̥̅̊ are comparing apples and oranges ¢☺§ ψє are both totally different countries Ψi† different histories Ãήϑ different stages of development. Brazil should even ß top 3 economy in the world if U̶̲̥̅̊ ask me. If U̶̲̥̅̊ J§† look at the southern part of the country which is mostly european they can ß compared †☺ any first word country. I†'s the northern part of the country that is lettin brazil down which is more minority population based.
Also brazil has over 200million people and[b]Naij is J§† over 130million[/b] (forget all those bullshit stats, ψє arε̲̣̣̣̥ not close †☺ even 160million).
Wait for the next census.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2013
Horayce: We'll need a 5 trillion economy to be considered a middle income country.
oops my bad, took that stat out of my azz, according to world banks metric we are a low middle income country(gni per capita of circa1k usd to 4k usd). We'll need an additional 300 billion dollars to move into the higher middle income domain ( circa 4000 usd to 12000 usd) and to walk majestically into the higher income realm (>12k usd) we'll need a gdp of 2.5 trillion if population is maintained at 200 million.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Obrafour: You see hypocrisy? So commenting on the sports thread is looking for trouble huh? You look on when your people insult Ghanaians, but have issues when we reply. Notice that I have been civil with the gentleman who has rained insults on me withouth provocation? If I start now, I will be remembered that this place is nairaland and not cedisland.
Cry me river niger. What's cedis and where can I get one?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Okudiover(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin Na becos s(election) don draw near Una wan tell us. On behalf of the ordinary Naija person wet no know wetin GDP be I wan ask 2 questions. (1) GDP na new political party? (2) If no be party say na money who bin chop the increase since kemgbe?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Obrafour(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2013
Adamskuty: what of that of abuja which is much developed than lagos? cheesy
Lol! It was an innocent kweshion! That picture from Ghana is a suburb from Kumasi. The other guy also posted a picture from lagos so I figured Lagos was the litmus test.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by emmadan(m): 9:19am On Dec 21, 2013
ISpiksDaTroof: Cellphones are now your criteria to judging poverty? For your info, most Nigerians live in rural areas, and majority of the people that live in those areas live in very deplorable conditions and are poor as dirt.

Go figure.
when you go out of nigeria to other african countries and see life pple live,you would appreciate your country nigeria.we nigerians we dnt like our own thing,everytin we think about our country is negative.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2013
K.j king:
that's not the point. We are growing surely, but why cant it be faster? In fifty years so many Asian countries have outpaced us in economic growth and devt. At this rate our neighbors like Ghana and benin and Botswana will be talked about by our kids and grand kids the way we talk about Malaysia, uae and Singapore.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Kogi Guber: Press Release By Supreme Council Of Igala Nation To Gov.yahaya Bello / ‘APC Used Me’ – Comedian, Mr Jollof Laments / Dr Paul Enenche Endorses Peter Obi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.