Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,583 members, 7,929,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:52 AM

My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo (676 Views)

Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo by semochendo1(m): 6:07am On Dec 19, 2013
Dear Iyabo Obasanjo,

I read with cynical disgust, the asinine projected in the letter written to your father. Its quite pathetic, that someone of your age and status could exhibit such an unpardonable puerile tendencies. Let me remind you, that we live in a country that holds tradition and culture in high esteem, especially when it comes to relating with the elderly ones, not to talk of one's biological parent. Using words as expensive as madness and stupidity to describe one's biological father in the name of pouring out the pains of the past is the greatest show of stupidity on its own.

Reading in between the lines, one would sense that your letter speaks more of family issues than the profuse display of patriotic zeal you intend to portray. The only national issue brought was the that of the third term agenda, a dead issue for that matter. When Nigerians are busy deliberating on moving the nation forward, you are busy digressing and calling our attention to the issue of the past. However, there is no need disputing the fact that the third term agenda of your father was a show of height of greediness tendency, and of course, that characterizes an average Nigerian politician, yourself inclusive, evidential in you craving for more terms even after your much lamented humiliation in the office. What an elderly man would see while lying down, a young man can never see it even when he climbs mountain everest. What you don't know is that your father understands perfectly that an average Nigerian is greedy and will always want to crave for more terms in office, he's only against someone preying on the vulnerability of our differences, ethnic and religious, to gratify his selfish interest at the expense our unity, and that's why his letter was titled.. BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

People like you, who grew up in rich homes hardly have an understanding of what's obtainable in the real word, what you presented with the intent of generating sympathy for your family and hatred for your father, is what I'm seeing differently in my opinion. Your father is not responsible, he doesn't care for his children, yet you wrote that he called you while you were in DENMARK telling you what he was passing through during Abacha's regime. How else can a father relate or take care of his children? Telling you his problems even when he knew you can't be of help at the moment shows hor cordial your relationship was. He never took care of you, but you lived in his houses in Abeokuta, as written in your letter, while serving the state and even as a senator, despite the fact that you are married, which an average Nigerian father will never allow or encourage, and that shows how much he loves you to the point of rot . Obj maltreated your mum, but yet he left one bungalow for her where she lives, and you too stays anytime you are in lagos. Maybe you expect the whole of your father's property be willed or put under your mum's control, because she's the only wife. I'm sure these two points I've drawn, with many others still left in your letter in order to save Nigerian's time reading this, were mistakenly written so that God can vindicate your father even when you try to cover all the good things he must have done for you as a responsible father.

You are talking of how much you stayed outside the country and the good schools you went, when many are living in abject poverty and can only day-dream traveling abroad, and you spent most of your post university lives outside the country as stated in the letter. Now, if I may ask, on whose influence did you get all the political post you've held? You claimed your father is careless, stupid and mad, but yet, you refused to drop his name even after getting married..

What I only feel from your needless and incoherently jointed epistle is your crave for personal recognition, luxurious life and over pampering, evident in what you narrated happened during your father's swear-in in 1999. You claimed struggling your way to the front that day, which I'm sure you dare not, unless with the assistance of the security men on recognizing you as his daughter. You claimed your father saw you but didn't call you to the podium or high table, maybe you expect him to jump over the podium and collect the megaphone to introduce you. Thank God you didn't deny his pointing at you that, "that's my daughter", which earns you the recognition you had always wanted. You complained of how Stella and her family were represented and recognized, which speaks volume of your taking over the jealousy role for your mother. Remember, I'm not saying anything outside your letter, just picking and interpreting your words and actions.

I wish you know what Yoruba calls someone like you, who choses to disregard/disrespect his/her parent in the public?

Yours sincerely,
Kayode

2 Likes

Re: My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo by sademola: 6:27am On Dec 19, 2013
Freedom of expression! Like Father, like daughter - crude, rude n blunt as always!
Re: My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo by boblaporta(m): 7:46am On Dec 19, 2013
Nice one @OP...original yoruba boy
Re: My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 19, 2013
If she actually wrote that letter, then she is a complete bastard. Omo ale, that is what we call it here. I am preparing a robust reply to her letter on my Facebook. Yeye dey smell.
Re: My Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo by danot1030: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2013
one thing with yorubas is that they have very culture like several other tribes, they play n sentiments, they call a spade a spade when they need to. d yorubas may not agree wit obasanjo ideology but they never support d insolence of her daughter.

(1) (Reply)

Three Men To Die By Hanging Forstealing N50,000 In Kwara / NCP Zone President ToWest,VP to East,plateau/nasawa senate,taraba/adamwa speaker / Chinese Firm To Invest N160bn On Oil In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.