Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Who Should Pay On A Date? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Pay On A Date? (9059 Views)

Who Should Pay On A Date ????? / Who Should Pay For The Flight? / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

you missed the question.  he asked why you're hell bent on having the man pay on the first date.
hell bent ke? that is just what i know. that is how i have always been treated. i meet someone, we go out , he pays. That is what i am use to and expect. And if i was the one who did the toasting, instead of me paying to go out, i will cook.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

hell bent ke? that is just what i know. that is how i have always been treated. i meet someone, we go out , he pays. That is what i am use to and expect. And if i was the one who did the toasting, instead of me paying to go out, i will cook.
But if he cooks you call him cheap, right? Besides, i thought you said your dad wouldn't allow you to bring him to your home
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

IBK, to be honest, On the first date even if the girl suggest paying and the dude accepts. He's shameless.
What I am saying is that if the girl is the one who pursued the guy, as in asked him to come on the date, she should not go empty handed, she should atleast make an attempt or even make it look like she will pay, i stated before that the guy will most likely offer and even be impressed if he sees that the girl is making an effort to pay. The point is, if the girl pursued, she should not come empty handed and automatically expect the guy to pay. tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by bluesky4(f): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
seriously, would u guys accept that the woman pays for the first date??
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

IBK, to be honest, On the first date even if the girl suggest paying and the dude accepts. He's shameless.
Shameless, maybe.  If feminists keep flapping their wings like hens screaming 50:50 at everything, I don't see why a first date should be exempt.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

@David
She said that she beleives that the man should always pay on the first date because 'that is how she was brought up in the south' tongue
if you think it is silly, we that is your cup of tea, but for me it is what is suppose to happen. If you think my way is wrong, selfish, and what do you want me to do about it? undecided

ibkaye:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying also, that you think the man should always pay on the first date, that's what i said, 'I am talking about the 'first' date, that's what i meant when I said 'at all times', as in 'at all times on the first date', i did not say that you said 'at all dates'   undecided tongue
that is just how it works.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by bluesky4(f): 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

What I am saying is that if the girl is the one who pursued the guy, as in asked him to come on the date, she should not go empty handed, she should atleast make an attempt or even make it look like she will pay, i stated before that the guy will most likely offer and even be impressed if he sees that the girl is making an effort to pay. The point is, if the girl pursued, she should not come empty handed and automatically expect the guy to pay. tongue

its very rare, even in this day and age, that the girl persues the man.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by KarmaMod(f): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

What I am saying is that if the girl is the one who pursued the guy, as in asked him to come on the date, she should not go empty handed,

While I agree with your stance in regards to THAT situation, how OFTEN does that even happen?
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

But if he cooks you call him cheap, right?  Besides, i thought you said your dad wouldn't allow you to bring him to your home  
Him cheap ke? not at all. i wouldn't even allow that to cross my mind. And gini?, i don't live with my parents.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

that is just how it works.

you still can't rationalize your stance with good logic.

this is why it is always going to be a man's world.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

if you think it is silly, we that is your cup of tea, but for me it is what is suppose to happen. If you think my way is wrong, selfish, and what do you want me to do about it? undecided

Where did I mention that it is silly, wrong or selfish?  
I was just helping you to answer David's question  
Is that not exactly what you said to me before, that 'that is the way you were brought up in the south?'  

blue-sky:

its very rare, even in this day and age, that the girl persues the man.
It is rare but it still happens
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by bluesky4(f): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
To me personally, if the man cant pay for the first date, or even show the initiative of paying, it shows he's tight.
Why is everyone picking on onyinye
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

While I agree with your stance in regards to THAT situation, how OFTEN does that even happen?
It does not happen often, but that does not mean that it does not happen at all tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

you still can't rationalize your stance with good logic.
this is why it is always going to be a man's world.  
well that is your opinion. i can't change yours, and you can't change mine.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2008
blue-sky:

To me personally, if the man can't pay for the first date, or even show the initiative of paying, it shows he's tight.
Nobody is picking on onyinye, we are just not agreeing and trying to state our points tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2008
blue-sky:

To me personally, if the man can't pay for the first date, or even show the initiative of paying, it shows he's tight.
Nwannem nwanyi, im cool. wink
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by KarmaMod(f): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

It does not happen often, but that does not mean that it does not happen at all tongue

It does happen and OBVIOUSLY since SHE asked the dude out, she should have some cash on hand but I think we are talking of the "traditional" role, where it's usually the HE doing the asking out. Even then it's ok for the girl to put money down/offer to pay but if the dude actually relies on that then he's pathetic
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Baxilexi(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

It does happen and OBVIOUSLY since SHE asked the dude out, she should have some cash on hand but I think we are talking of the "traditional" role, where it's usually the HE doing the asking out. Even then it's ok for the girl to put money down/offer to pay but if the dude actually relies on that then he's pathetic

what your talkin about is what i call vex money, its a kind of back up just in any case the guyy should bail.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

exactly, the point is, you pursue, you pay, the problem with some girls is, even when they are the ones who pursue, they automatically think that it is the guy's job to pay, she should at least bring cash and attempt, if the guy offers which hopefully he most likely will, that's good, girls, just don't sit there and expect him to fork out the dosh when it was you who invited him to the restaurant tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2008
Baxilexi:

what your talkin about is what i call vex money, its a kind of back up just in any case the guyy should bail.

bail?
Vex money? I don't get you o
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by bluesky4(f): 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2008
If she asked the dude out, then yes, she has to pay, ofcourse. I know it does happen, but none of my girlfriends have persued a guy, so cant really relate to it.
If he askes the girl out, he has to pay. I woman likes to be wined and dined wink
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

Its funny how women always expect the "traditional role" when it comes to dates but refuse to toe the traditional role when it comes to the woman's place in the home.

Dont you just love these women who speak with three sides of the mouth?  tongue grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2008
blue-sky:

If she asked the dude out, then yes, she has to pay, ofcourse. I know it does happen, but none of my girlfriends have persued a guy, so can't really relate to it.
If he askes the girl out, he has to pay. I woman likes to be wined and dined wink
exactly, that is what we have all been saying from the beginning, i guess you did not read the previous posts smiley
We are not picking onyinye, but trying to get her to understand smiley
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2008
OMG!! My little Ibk is growing up cry cry

@oyinye
I have to disagree with you here honey.

But whoever initiated the date pays.

What if the dude doesn't have any money with him when you asked him out? Where is he going to get money to pay?

I think this is why some dude ditches some women on their date. Cuz they know they'll have to pay the bills when they ain't got no money.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by bluesky4(f): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

exactly, that is what we have all been saying from the beginning, i guess you did not read the previous posts smiley
We are not picking onyinye, but trying to get her to understand smiley
ah ok, yeh i just skipped to the last page grin grin

davidylan:

Its funny how women always expect the "traditional role" when it comes to dates but refuse to toe the traditional role when it comes to the woman's place in the home.

Dont you just love these women who speak with three sides of the mouth? tongue grin
what is this traditional role u r talking about? please enlighten me.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by tope2000(f): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

OMG!! My little Ibk is growing up cry cry

@oyinye

What if the dude doesn't have any money with him when you asked him out? Where is he going to get money to pay?

I think this is why some dude ditches some women on their date. Cuz they know they'll have to pay the bills when they ain't got no money.

Completely agree with that
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

[B]OMG!! My little Ibk is growing up[/b] cry cry

@oyinye

Hehehehehe

blue-sky:

ah ok, yeh i just skipped to the last page grin grin
YOU SEE! cheesy
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

OMG!! My little Ibk is growing up  cry cry

@oyinye

What if the dude doesn't  have any money with him when you asked him out? Where is he going to get money to pay?

I would first ask why did he ask me out in the first place if he had no money? But as i said if i pursue a guy[i](i've only done it once)[/i] then instead of me paying to take him out, i invite him over to my place to where i prepared the meal for the both of us.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2008
blue-sky:

what is this traditional role you're talking about? please enlighten me.

I'm sure you know. wink
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by gabelogan(m): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye, na dis kind talk u like
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by KarmaMod(f): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2008
davidylan:

Dont you just love these women who speak with three sides of the mouth? tongue grin

Um I meant traditional role of guy asking girl

and I do pay for first dates because I don't trust Naija animals that think they are entitled to anything because they spent like $15 on food. I also pay for movies LIKE a certain VANTAGE POINT
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by tope2000(f): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

I would first ask why did he ask me out in the first place if he had no money? But as i said if i pursue a guy[i](i've only done it once)[/i] then instead of me paying to take him out, i invite him over to my place to where i prepared the meal for the both of us.
onyinye if you initiated the date first, do you still expect the guy to pay??
cuz i would have expected you to at least attempt the to pay until the guy says he will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Check Out My New Pix How Do I Look,,,,,(photos) / Ladies, Which Of These Men Will You Prefer To Be With (photo) / Symptoms Of Vaginal Yeast Infection And Possible Remedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.