Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:11 AM

APC Visits Obasanjo Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Visits Obasanjo Today (22530 Views)

IGP Arase Visits Obasanjo (Photos) / Prince Adedamola Aderemi Visits Obasanjo (photos) / President Jonathan To Visit Obasanjo Today In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by ucheokpara100(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
see as i jst dey were i dey become politician wit d power of most high o, i contest last election under acn, i failed in rivers state evrybdy dey blame me y i no enter pdp bt now, i don become top politician because i dey were i dey tins turn around.
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Delafruita(m): 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abariwiseman: I am dissappointed with APC! It simply show they lack ideology.
It seems PDP is becoming better and well organized.
politics and governance are 2 different things and whether we like it or not,its the politicians that put the technocrats in power.tinubu is corrupt but his legacy(fashola,aregbesola,fayemi,ajimobi,amosun)shows a man ready to seperate politics from governance.if it was a game of politicians,fashola would never have become the governo of lagos state.we need politicians who can remain at the background and put up the best candidates for elections.I definitely won't support a buhari candidacy not because I don't believe in buhari but because its a candidacy that will be doomed from the start.but I trust and I believe the APC will play the politics in order to give us the best possible presidential candidate.I personally believe in a fashola/elrufai candidacy which might not happen due to religious and ethnic considerationss

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Igwe9(m): 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
OBJ is only one person, moreover, he is not even the yoruba leader.
While would one waste time in wooing only one person while voting power belongs to the masses, hence he could not return her daughter elected in the last election.

All we nee in this country is good governance and this I trust GEJ will provide, having purged himself of the political dictators/distractors.

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
They are wasting fuel money traveling to Ota. Obasanjo cant help dem to win any election. Its like using an AK 47 to shoot your self on the foot.

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by patriotic007: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
They will enjoy the marriage for now,...but the fight will start when it is time to pick a flag bearer who will represent them in twenty fifteen against GEJ,......That fight will surely tear the fragile aliance apart,....WHO SAYS GOD HAS NOT ORDAINED GEJ?....UP GEJ

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantonce:
when we extended our loving hand to u pple from the south east,u burned our hand by rejecting ngige and calling us unprintable names as've the election was the end of the world.
our gates are wide open for u to join the winning or should I say ruling party.
u pple just do tins without tinking of the future.
no disrespect to my south east bros.

We will see in 2015 cheesy
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by ocelot2006(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
kingbang: Am so happy the way APC is absorbing these born looters like OBj,Atiku and co. Let PDP continue purging itself of anti-democratic,self serving and corrupt elements, 2015 will be their's. Nigerians are watching, we are not stupid.

So true my brother. Here's a party who spent months condemning the PDP and its leaders. YET it is the very same party that's busy scrounging for PDP leaders and think they can fool Nigerians. Truely, the PDP's reforming itself, and no matter how many ex-pdp leaders the APC absorbs, it still won't change the fact that they will get trashed soundly in the forthcoming 2015 elections again, just like previous elections. I even see APC's current recruitment drive working against them.

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by emmahoney(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
The fact is that neither APC nor PDP would bring about change. All are bitches and old fools that have nothing to offer than greed!!

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by JW214: 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
Now I understand the APC transport system better, they can stop at any Station to woo any passanger to join the train even if you are not going in their direction, you are free to enter and seat backing the direction of travel of the train drivers (BAT, GMB, Lai M, .... etc)

GEJ needs to renounce his 2015 presidential ambition and the train will visit him soon either in Aso rock or Otuoke Home to woo him to join the APC train.

APC: CHANGE or exCHANGE of the same corrupt people?

Well let me wait and see who will carry the party's flag come 2015.
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Aksonman: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
[size=13pt]FINALLY,The PDP is evolving into a newbreed political party with educated technocrats,young Northern turks and new generation 21st century Nigerians at the helm of affairs.

APC has become polluted with old school, morally bankrupt and aggrieved politicians.

By 2014, Nigerians will be shocked by the new set of dynamic faces that would join PDP. Here's a tip, Labour Party,Apga and a faction of CPC will be merging with PDP.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by TempleChinedum(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
The Devil I know (PDP) is better off than the Angel am yet to see (APC).
There's no way APC would lead this country better, when they are recycling old looters from same Pdp they seems to oppose.

Buhari wants to reclaim his political stand in Nigeria and command respect!

And finally to fight OBJ's PDP, but now it seems OBJ has fallen out with GEJ, just as the same way he vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable, and succeded just 9%.

I don't mind APCs e-rats to come after me!

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Ngwakwe: 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
We need to appreciate the unseen plot and ingenuity of OBJ in balancing the Political equilibrium of Nigeria into two major party system that are equal in all ramifications by plotting and instigating the division in PDP and the purported cross carpeting of 5 govs. 17 Senators and 37 HOR members to APC.

I give it Buhari, Tinubu, Ogbonnaya Onu and OBJ for giving Nigerians a choice irrespective of how skewed our views may be, PDP will never be the same old chop I chop with the confidence of ruling Nigeria for the next 60 years.

Moreover, politics of 'checks and balances' is now a given for the benefits of everyday Nigerian (hardworking public) and better infrastructural development across the country encouraged by competition within Governors of different parties.

Congratulations to Nigerians.

Igwe.:
OBJ is only one person, moreover, he is not even the yoruba leader.
While would one waste time in wooing only one person while voting power belongs to the masses, hence he could not return her daughter elected in the last election.

All we nee in this country is good governance and this I trust GEJ will provide, having purged himself of the political dictators/distractors.

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by vislabraye(m): 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
APC is supposed to be the voice of the people
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
homesteady: And I was beginning to like APC undecided mtcheew!

You? Beginning to like APC? Laugh in Igbo....

One only need to look at the post history of most you here castigating APC over this visit to OBJ to appreciate why you are getting this agitated.

2 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Ngwakwe: 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
No, no, no rather an alternative party at National level which actually is a work in progress for now.

vislabraye: APC is supposed to be the voice of the people

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by rareman(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hahaha I thank God we still have sensible Nigerians. APC we are not fooled if visit aso rock you have nothing to offer. For its time to join PDP
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Bizibi(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
I have said it and I will say it again that Nigerians will remain fools until they pour pepper in their eyes before they realize themselves,praising a party that is accepting virus,don't be shocked when they start fighting themselves for control and power
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Mzspread(f): 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
PDP,APC...they are all bunch of hypocrites. Come to think of it, are dey al defecting to oda parties cos of d betterment and progress of d nation or just for dr own selfish interests and for nigeria to stil remain unda dr control without effecting any change? I so dislike politics
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
APC = bunch of dis-grunted power-hungry loosers, that will do anything to attain power to satisfy their burning selfish desires.

5 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Dbryan: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
PeeDaVinci:
Last time i checked, Jonathan won against Buhari and/or Ribadu in the 2011 elections in the south west. Jonathan would still have won again, but fo
r the fact that he is grossly incompetent both in managing the country and its politics, his chances in 2015 is rather bleak
tnk u jare
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Promhize: APC = bunch of dis-grunted power-hungry loosers, that will do anything to attain power to satisfy their burning selfish desires.

You are Ibo....so you comment is not unexpected.

Unfortunately for you...those that gave you five states and few population in census knew a day like this will come.

Una never see anything....just make sure you have your Doctor not too far from you....because the heat on PDP is just about to go a further notch up grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by nationwide1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
To the disappointment of APC, it is going to be a total failure because this is not military regime. OBJ is known to always have knowledge of military coup in Nigeria but this is civilian 'coup' so it's dead on arrival.
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Jenkizo: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
The end has come for PDP. The so called prophesy of 60years rulership of Nigeria will come to an end come 2015. There is no innocent politician in the world be it Obama, George W. Bush or Vladmir Putin. If God can use PDP members to wrestle power from PDP so be it. For Nigeria to be amongst the comity of Nation as the self acclaimed giant of Africa, we need to operate 2 party system. APC is no saint either but with the fear of the unknown if an opposition party dethron a ruling party, Corruption and other political vices will die a Natural Death. It's quite unfortunate GEJ is caught in the cross fire due to his own style of politicking but Nigerians can not help it but to crave for change of Political party and ideas at the presidency. Ghana and Kenya are above board in Africa when it comes to pure democratic values and practise. We can do it. Nigeria cannot afford to be a one party state because Jonathan or an Ijaw man is in power. Change is what we want irrespective of who effect it. As for my Igbo brothers, there is still a long way to go in Nigerian politics. The reason why the Igbo nation are always schemed out of the presidency is because of the Politics of comfort being played by most Igbos. Igbos hardly challenge the center so long as one or two of their own is in a lucrative position of the government, the rest will be the Igbo man campaigning for that government whether good or bad. The Igbos are the only major ethnic group in Nigeria without a National Leader due to this kind of politics being played. Take for instance, exception of late Sam Mbakwe all the Igbo Governors take themselves as Lord above it own people. They are not accountable and only rule with propaganda.

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Ayoola171(m): 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
Segadem:
We are yet to see messiah,do you think this APC will perform wonder if elected? I seriously doubted it.
Will APC import another politician from heaven?Are they not from the same old Wagon PDP has Okupe predicted?Are they not recycling people we have condemned already?
See, they are just OLD wine in a New BOTTLE!
How many states that has being govern by APC hav u visited? I'm not a politician o. But try to visit Lagos(Fasola), Ogun(Amosu), Edo(Oshiomole) to mention few, PDP power has being ruling us for about 14 years and their song is "Share the Money" fellow Nigerians is high time we embrace change, we can not continue doing the same things and expecting new results. Let the power change hand. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Fadenitan(m): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
Am surprised at all dis APC leaders,what are they looking for in obj,support,votes or what.Obj,Ibb and others are not fools that will allow desperate politicians to deceive them by working against their party and interest.Don‘t be deceive who among dis APC leaders is better than Jonathan,all d campaign of pulling him down by force will fail.For it is writting they shall gather but they shall not prevail.
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Btruth: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
Let me book a front side seat. This is sure going to be an interesting season film.

UP APC! How interesting life could be. APC is increasing, while PDP is decreasing. Irony of life. Anyway, nothing last forever though. I sometimes just imagine, how the Obituary of PDP will be printed.

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by alaafin(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
malele: Why must southwest always gang up with the north nawah oo
But is that not what the east has been doing since the 60s? The west probably have step up knowing playing regional politic is not the best. For any region in the south to lead at the national level, the north must be in full support. The abrachadabra population census figure is in northern favour. And instead of the south to work together for economic and political emancipation of its people, they are busy taking sides with awolowo and ojukwu who have played there parts and long gone. I have said it on another thread and i am saying it now; how respected nigeria will be in comittee of nations depends on east-west aligance.

1 Like

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Zakamori: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
I dont understand the things I read here o. Is anything wrong with a political party in Nigeria which decides to pay a courtesy visit to a former President?

3 Likes

Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
We the masses, the downtrodden (as Lamido described us) are the ones that can librate ourselves. But for now we are not ready because we are not prepared we ar only looking out for a messiah. Maybe 4 now a shift from the status quo will do even if it is only a change of name. They, the elites(oppressors) will need to reorganize thereby weakening their rank. Hopefully, we can see that change is possible, believe in our capability, and launch out taking over what really belong to us... If tinubu and buhari can cause a storm, imagine what over 100 million of us will be capable of.
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by akereconfi: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
If them like make dem go visit GEJ..................FRESHairtill2019
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by Rhemar(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
Segadem:
We are yet to see messiah,do you think this APC will perform wonder if elected? I seriously doubted it.
Will APC import another politician from heaven?Are they not from the same old Wagon PDP has Okupe predicted?Are they not recycling people we have condemned already?
See, they are just OLD wine in a New BOTTLE!
the same pple who av misruled us in d past nw parading themselves as saints under a supposedly progressive party; as much as I'll like to see a new party take over d APC flirting with figures such as Obasanjo is a bad omen
Re: APC Visits Obasanjo Today by agabaI23(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
“In bourgeois politics, the ongoing development is called ‘realignment forces.’ In the process, those who have been excluded from the ‘come and chop’ policy of the PDP are now being asked to choose their place at the table in case the APC takes over power in 2015,” Mr. Falana said.
Lamenting that the APC leaders did not have any plan to woo the youth who constitute more than 60 per cent of the country’s voting population, Mr. Falana said the mobilisation of the past leaders and other PDP chieftains had basically shown that the opposition leaders were only interested in power.

He said, “The APC has no plan to woo the youth who constitute more than 60% of the voting population. It is the belief of the leaders of both APC and PDP that the 2015 general election is going to be fixed by the traditional manipulators of elections. This is the basis of the ongoing mobilisation of the PDP chieftains including those who cannot win elections in their own wards.

“By wooing discredited military and civilian despots who have destroyed the country since 1966, the APC has shown that it is only interested in power for the sake of power.-Falana
https://www.nairaland.com/1564397/apc-not-progressive-party-femi
We have been saying this but you guys won't listen!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay: Releasing ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Into Society Dangerous / Abiodun Sends Traditional Chiefs To Beg Adebutu Over Election Petition - Gazette / Adams Oshiomhole Poses With Mike Ozekhome & Family In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.