Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,575 members, 7,921,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:41 PM

Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? (14381 Views)

See What Some Boys Are Doing To A Lady Inside A House Party (photo) / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / What Makes A Man Live Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by dasparrow: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
unuane1: A man is expected to fend for himself and his family, but circumstances may force a man to consider doing away with the norm. For instance, in some cultures, it is considered wrong for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws. However, some people think it is not a big deal; besides, circumstances may require in-laws to lend a helping hand to their daughter’s family.
What is you take or opinion on this. Is it right for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws?

As a man, if you cannot provide a roof over your head then don't get married. Remain a bachelor. How do you expect your in-laws to take you seriously if you cannot provide accommodation for yourself and your growing family? In short, which sane couple will give their daughter's hand in marriage to a man who has no home of his own, not even an apartment? Such a man is not ready for marriage in my opinion.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by vislabraye(m): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
No man will be comfortable with that. God forbid that it should happen to any man...
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
Syenite: Common with peeps from the SW. angry
most common in SE and SS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by pee777(m): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
unuane1: A man is expected to fend for himself and his family, but circumstances may force a man to consider doing away with the norm. For instance, in some cultures, it is considered wrong for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws. However, some people think it is not a big deal; besides, circumstances may require in-laws to lend a helping hand to their daughter’s family.
What is you take or opinion on this. Is it right for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws?

I have seen where the father inlaw bought a house using her daughters name(wife of the guy)and gave it for them to live as a gift to the daughter, how do you see that, should the guy not stay? Cos this things can happen in different dimension.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yomieluv: in yorubaland,such man if he dies in the house,wont be taken through the door,but the window,cos it is assume only a lazy man dies in his inlaw's house..its a custom used to discourage any form of lazziness on the man's part.
Have i answered your question?
gringringrin

really? I didnt know this part of yoruba culture o.now i know cheesy

throw out of the window ke,when he no be gala sachet 8-)
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
vislabraye: No man will be comfortable with that. God forbid that it should happen to any man...
but i have seen it happen to a church member of mine.infact,they are 14 years old in their marriage.when the wife told me the father built the house for her new family after wedding,i couldnt believe my ears.but the good thing is that they are still together
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
eluquenson: The man should rather stay with a friend instead of living with inlaw, its abomination & disgraceful
that one is even worse.one day the friend will say you and your wife are inconveniencing me,i dont have privacy in my house any more or God forbid something gets missing which was never missing,you are a prime suspect and you know such stuffs will attract insult

but if your inlaws build house for you far away from them.as far as east is from the west,then thats ok,at least even if they want to collect their house back,they will consider their daughter
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
pekelepekele:

If the parents are also living in that house then it is not good! . If it is a separate house that your parents built then better .
how the man go be tenant under father inlaw.baba landlord will now be inlaw grin

if such happens the oko iyawo no dey house when them dey share shame shocked grin
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
Babzilla:
WHY NOT?
UNLESS THE HOUSE HAS LIKE 10 SEXY SINGLE CHICS
I DONT C Y NOT
obuko shocked

ofema ba awon family iyawo e sun shocked
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Amuga: It is not right. Such a man is called an "efulefu" in my place.
what is 'efulefu'?

Kilonjebe.in yorubaland it means a worthless or empty person,even a dog when sold has more worth than him but in your place what does it mean
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
fijiano202: mtschew....why dont he open a Bank account with them also..its better the man sleeps in churches or under a bridge than to live in his inlaw house,its better for his wife and kids to live there alone
choiii gringringrin see crude ego here o.which one is worse

you will be mixing with touts,rapists,miscreants,enduring marijuana smoke or allow mosqiotoes,rats and cockroaches feast on your body in church because of pride grin

see what a man will put himself through because of african ego and pride grin choiii grin shackles of superstition grin

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Abasimmodo(f): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
No
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by gidjah(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
I dnT know much bt lots got to wit it.if d chips are really down wot does he do, if d womans familly inSists knowinhg fully well that they own multiple houses wt do we expect him to to??

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by lolade123: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
In my opinion a man should not live in any house in the first place.

REAL MEN live in the BUSH.
Mr Oracle Certified Professional, pls where do u live.
Even if your a pagan, that shouldn't make u irrational.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no wonder you are left behind
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Abbey4life: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
God forbids that the man dies there. Yoruba culture demands that his corpse be brought out of that house via the window. Does anyone in the house know of this?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2013

I advice against this seriously..

I know a case where the guy paid dearly for this. He just relocated to Naija and the in-laws offered him an abandoned house for him to live in with his wife. The dude did up the house and brought it back to life. New everything, from paint to tiles to toilet fittings, e.t.c.. When the Gbege start, no be person tell am to get sense.. The mother-in-law gave the guy so much he'll, he moved out of the house and out of the state with his wife and child to his fathers house in a less commercially viable state.

It may seem like a good idea in the beginning, after all it's all family matters, but it almost always changes.

The only acceptable offer is if the house is given to them out rightly as a gift, complete with change of ownership.

When I got married, my dad offered me a house and I rejected it.. I told him that he either gives me the house out rightly so I can do with it what I want or he shouldn't bother. I forked out a stack and rented a house far from them.

Certain types of arrangements always tend to backfire..

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by ekempee: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
I dnt see tin wrong with dt bt it shld be temporary
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by ElijahDGreat(m): 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
An inlaw is supposed to be a new member of the family and as such,nothing is wrong staying in the house.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Amuga(f): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
[quote
author=kulyie] what is 'efulefu'?

Kilonjebe.in yorubaland it means a worthless or empty person,even a dog
when sold has more worth than him but in your place what does it
mean[/quote]
same
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by 2tangle123(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
In actual fact, there is nothing wrong with living in a house built by your inlaw..What is wrong is your thought, Ego, culture & Tradition..Pls take note.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by adbokus(m): 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Syenite: Common with peeps from the SW. angry

that's very poor of you! Simple inquest: is it right 4 a man...?
Anyway, it's absolutely inappropriate! When a man has lost his dignity, his pride....what else is there?!.... Dey can bury him there though!...
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
kulyie: obuko shocked

ofema ba awon family iyawo e sun shocked

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Zamizoni(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
tyson99:
Like ur father did abi Arindin

pity him papa i beg, i know say dem train am well, but na him no gree get manners... AGUTAN!!!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by phlame(m): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ROTFL grin
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
It is a disgraceful thing to do in Igboland
Real men where i come don't even want to spend a night under their inlaws roof talk less of moving in
In Igboland when the man has fallen on hard times and requires help from his inlaws,he can have his wife and kids move in with her parents temporarily while he finds his feet but he will have to go live somewhere else.
It is disgraceful for him to live there with them
A man should always maintain his dignity even at tough times
That is all he has left in those times and he must preserve it
And whatever small change he makes while he hustles,he must give them for their upkeep while at her parents house
That is how to be a man

If renting from the inlaws,never in the same yard abeg
And he must pay his rent promptly like any other tenant to maintain his dignity
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by shejane: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Most men are lazy dis days dats y msot family, d woman is now d man

Paying skul fees nd feeding d family

So am nt surprise dat many men now live in der inlaw's house

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
Amuga:
same
gringringringringrin

*faints*
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
[quote author=Babzilla][/quote] i said it is only a goat that will want to kolobi or attempt or even entertain it in his mind to kolobi his wife'es female relatives shocked
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
adbokus:
that's very poor of you! Simple inquest: is it right 4 a man...?
Anyway, it's absolutely inappropriate! When a man has lost his dignity, his pride....what else is there?!.... Dey can bury him there though!...
grin una no go kill me for this nairaland gringringrin
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by shejane: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
@okija juju, u married?
Hope u do make sense 2 ur wifey sha
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
tyson99:
Like ur father did abi Arindin
walahi bobo yen ti go ju gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice: He Experiences Stomach Pain After Kissing His Girlfriend / True Love Sex Story / HELP!!! I'm In Love With This Busty Yoruba Girl ((pictures))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.