Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:57 AM

UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread - Education (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread (1043887 Views)

Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
benromeo39: yes, ur chances are very high. Ur name is gonna be on the first list and u might be given scholarship. CONGRATULATIONS.
Ben calm down. Haba....
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
emma2cute: Ben calm down. Haba....
Lmao, Emma, that girl come whine us for here o. She fit be student. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
3coins:
no vex. . .who wears the no10 shirt there?
no 10 is worn by Rodri undecided funny dude
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by 3coins(m): 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Suley316: no 10 is worn by Rodri undecided funny dude
ts Tomer Hemed is actually their no 10. . .rodri was on loan last season. .he was never their no 10
nb: i am bored. . . I no get work and i got the info 4rm wikipedia smiley
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IN NIGERIA

The demand for higher education in Nigeria, particularly at the university level, has outgrown what the system can cope with less than 20 percent of those who pass the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Examinations admitted each year to university. Those left out scramble for places in polytechnics, while those who could not gain admission into universities or polytechnics then try their hands at colleges of education. In Nigeria, a greater percentage of those students who left secondary schools wanted to gain admission to one university or the other. Thus, making the admission to the universities too rigid.
Going by the above, Nigerian government in an attempt to ameliorate the suffering of these potential students therefore introduced the private higher education bill through an amendment decree in 1993. This decree stipulates the categories of people, aside from governments, that can establish and own private higher education in Nigeria. The bill served as a time bomb for missionaries, private individuals, government and groups of individuals who now took advantage of it to establish their own higher educational institutions. One major concern is how these higher institutions of learning would be able to abide by the quality control mechanisms put in place by the National Universities Commission to achieve quality education. Some of these are qualified personnels, facilities that could aid learning, financial capability of the owner, students’ discipline and a host of other quality control mechanisms. Based on the above premise, therefore, the paper intends to examine some of these quality mechanisms with a view to providing quality higher education in Nigeria via the production of quality graduates. This article will be of immense importance to the educational administrators, educational planners and all the stakeholders in education in Nigeria.

No quibbles, education should be a priority not an option, how do we expect to compete in the world market, if our young people cannot get a decent, consistent and thorough education? They will vote with their feet and go elsewhere. No wonder there is a proliferation of private universities in Nigeria. Problem with that is that only the rich can afford to go to these inflated establishments. So, the gulf between the classes will continue to widen and impact seriously on the future of Nigeria and in all area of economics and  development.It is going to create more unrest, fuel more resentment and about time the government stop pontificating and invest in our public universities.
The impasse is not isolated to these young people, it affects families who have practically invested financially. Their lives also are put on hold; the community is robbed of young men and women and the country well, a lot of  money and  manpower is  lost. Billions of Naira is siphoned due to the delay, it is a very big problem in the full scheme of things and I don’t think that the powers that be, fully  grasps the dire implications of their inertia.
The education of our young people should be a priority not an option. Those in government should know they would not have had an education if the public universities in their day, was not available or accessible to many.
How soon they forget, many would not hold high office and now they deny that opportunity to ordinary Nigerians.
The government of Nigeria recently initiated higher education policy reforms intended to bring its university system more in line with international good practices. The reforms promote increased institutional autonomy, greater system differentiation, strengthened governance, and mechanisms for quality assurance. They seek to create a more flexible and responsive system of university teaching and research that, over time, will contribute increasingly to national innovation capacities, productivity gains, and economic growth. This paper reports on the current status of higher education in Nigeria and reviews the country's new policy initiatives in this context. The discussion gives particular attention to issues of access, teaching/learning, finance, and governance/management.
Furthermore, Fraternities and Confraternities explained simply is a brotherhood, They exist to foster brotherhood, collect aspirations and pursue noble goals providing platforms with opportunities for active participation building. Fraternities encouraged in our higher institutions are suppose to promote active intellectualism with demand for a lifetime of sacrifice for the sake of humanity.

cultism and violence

The term cultism which is mostly used in our institutions seems to have sadly lost their founders ways derailing from a Benigan cult (i.e. the good guys) to a destructive cult (i.e. the bad guys). They engage in physical violence either on self or others and are suspected to engage in rituals and quasi-ritual practices. They are now marked with shame and have become secret as no legal system supports them and their activities. Some of the names that comes to mind when cultism in our higher institutions of learning is mentioned are:-The Pyrites confraternity, The Buccaneer confraternity, Eiye confraternity, Neo-Black Movement of Africa, Vikings, The Mafia, Daughters of Jezebel, Black Braziers, Mgba Mgba, Amazon.
The security bodies are striving hard to curb these insurgents and lackadaisical no-goods in our higher institutions.
Finally, it is with great joy that I say this; most of the students are dedicated, diligent and unwavering to success and academic excellence in their various institutions.

BENROMEO39

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Romanticboy1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
^^
Bravo...altho i haven't read it grin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Somatohadidas(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojingbe: Med&surg-70
Pharmacy-62
Med lab sci -60
Nursing-60
Law-70
Pet Engr-58
Mech Engr-55
Elect/Elect Engr-55
Chem Engr-53
Civil Engr-50
Accounting-65
Bus Admin-65
Eco Stat-60
Mass Com-60
Eng&Lit-58
Optometry-50
Comp sci-51
Geology-54
Frm admission office
Pharmacy-62 MLS-60....Are you drunk
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Romanticboy1: ^^
Bravo...altho i haven't read it grin
better read it o. cheesy
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mickey7 get to work! grin
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by oluchukwusamuel(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tessy10: hmmm...wt do i say nw...ermmm am an aspirant
OK.you sounded more like a stalight . Which course do you wish to study?+ what is the cutoff mark for the course?and /*how high are your hopes of being admitted?*/
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
benromeo39: UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IN NIGERIA

The demand for higher education in Nigeria, particularly at the university level, has outgrown what the system can cope with less than 20 percent of those who pass the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Examinations admitted each year to university. Those left out scramble for places in polytechnics, while those who could not gain admission into universities or polytechnics then try their hands at colleges of education. In Nigeria, a greater percentage of those students who left secondary schools wanted to gain admission to one university or the other. Thus, making the admission to the universities too rigid.
Going by the above, Nigerian government in an attempt to ameliorate the suffering of these potential students therefore introduced the private higher education bill through an amendment decree in 1993. This decree stipulates the categories of people, aside from governments, that can establish and own private higher education in Nigeria. The bill served as a time bomb for missionaries, private individuals, government and groups of individuals who now took advantage of it to establish their own higher educational institutions. One major concern is how these higher institutions of learning would be able to abide by the quality control mechanisms put in place by the National Universities Commission to achieve quality education. Some of these are qualified personnels, facilities that could aid learning, financial capability of the owner, students’ discipline and a host of other quality control mechanisms. Based on the above premise, therefore, the paper intends to examine some of these quality mechanisms with a view to providing quality higher education in Nigeria via the production of quality graduates. This article will be of immense importance to the educational administrators, educational planners and all the stakeholders in education in Nigeria.

No quibbles, education should be a priority not an option, how do we expect to compete in the world market, if our young people cannot get a decent, consistent and thorough education? They will vote with their feet and go elsewhere. No wonder there is a proliferation of private universities in Nigeria. Problem with that is that only the rich can afford to go to these inflated establishments. So, the gulf between the classes will continue to widen and impact seriously on the future of Nigeria and in all area of economics and  development.It is going to create more unrest, fuel more resentment and about time the government stop pontificating and invest in our public universities.
The impasse is not isolated to these young people, it affects families who have practically invested financially. Their lives also are put on hold; the community is robbed of young men and women and the country well, a lot of  money and  manpower is  lost. Billions of Naira is siphoned due to the delay, it is a very big problem in the full scheme of things and I don’t think that the powers that be, fully  grasps the dire implications of their inertia.
The education of our young people should be a priority not an option. Those in government should know they would not have had an education if the public universities in their day, was not available or accessible to many.
How soon they forget, many would not hold high office and now they deny that opportunity to ordinary Nigerians.
The government of Nigeria recently initiated higher education policy reforms intended to bring its university system more in line with international good practices. The reforms promote increased institutional autonomy, greater system differentiation, strengthened governance, and mechanisms for quality assurance. They seek to create a more flexible and responsive system of university teaching and research that, over time, will contribute increasingly to national innovation capacities, productivity gains, and economic growth. This paper reports on the current status of higher education in Nigeria and reviews the country's new policy initiatives in this context. The discussion gives particular attention to issues of access, teaching/learning, finance, and governance/management.
Furthermore, Fraternities and Confraternities explained simply is a brotherhood, They exist to foster brotherhood, collect aspirations and pursue noble goals providing platforms with opportunities for active participation building. Fraternities encouraged in our higher institutions are suppose to promote active intellectualism with demand for a lifetime of sacrifice for the sake of humanity.

cultism and violence

The term cultism which is mostly used in our institutions seems to have sadly lost their founders ways derailing from a Benigan cult (i.e. the good guys) to a destructive cult (i.e. the bad guys). They engage in physical violence either on self or others and are suspected to engage in rituals and quasi-ritual practices. They are now marked with shame and have become secret as no legal system supports them and their activities. Some of the names that comes to mind when cultism in our higher institutions of learning is mentioned are:-The Pyrites confraternity, The Buccaneer confraternity, Eiye confraternity, Neo-Black Movement of Africa, Vikings, The Mafia, Daughters of Jezebel, Black Braziers, Mgba Mgba, Amazon.
The security bodies are striving hard to curb these insurgents and lackadaisical no-goods in our higher institutions.
Finally, it is with great joy that I say this; most of the students are dedicated, diligent and unwavering to success and academic excellence in their various institutions.

BENROMEO39
You totally did this on your own! say no to (disguised) plagiarism.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Alikaxon(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nice one! Benromeo39. Thumbs up...
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Alikaxon: Nice one! Benromeo39. Thumbs up...
thanks. Bro.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Somatohadidas(m): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pharmacy-62
Med lab sci -60
Nursing-60
Law-70
Pet Engr-58
Mech Engr-55
Elect/Elect Engr-55
Chem Engr-53
Civil Engr-50
Accounting-65
Bus Admin-65
Eco Stat-60
Mass Com-60
Eng&Lit-58
Optometry-50
Comp sci-51
Geology-54
Frm admission office
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mickey7: You totally did this on your own! say no to (disguised) plagiarism.
even a blind man knows a dubbed write-up. It's a good thing I'm known for my grammatical fluency and prowess in the art of constructing arrow-headed syntax. Believe what u want, bye.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Tessy10: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
Recharge card loadin...
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
benromeo39: thanks. Bro.
thanks?did you say "thanks"? Ben I'm so very disappointed in you.jeez!-_- You aren't einstein after all.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Somatohadidas(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pharmacy-62
Med lab sci -60
Nursing-60
Law-70
Pet Engr-58
Mech Engr-55
Elect/Elect Engr-55
Chem Engr-53
Civil Engr-50
Accounting-65
Bus Admin-65
Eco Stat-60
Mass Com-60
Eng&Lit-58
Optometry-50
Comp sci-51
Geology-54
Frm admission office
are you drunk?.....MLS-60 PHARMACY-62....seriously!!!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
God, thank you o, you always bring me one scape goat for me to mutilate every night. grin cheesy
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
benromeo39: even a blind man knows a dubbed write-up. It's a good thing I'm known for my grammatical fluency and prowess in the art of constructing arrow-headed syntax. Believe what u want, bye.
I believe you,wholeheartedly. www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/education-in-nigeria-status-critical/ see here [url=u08.cgpublisher.com/proposals/8/index_html]see more[/url] Oh wait!they copied from you.considering you are einstein...and all... -_-

6 Likes

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mickey7: I believe you,wholeheartedly. www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/education-in-nigeria-status-critical/ www.adrianpastol.com/2 013/03/cultism-in-nigerian-universities.html?m=1 u08.cgpublisher.com/proposals/8/index_html Oh wait!they copied from you.considering you are einstein...and all... -_-
this idiot delinquent thinks an article is the same as essay writing. I consulted different pages and newspapers to come up with that article. If you don't know the first thing about writing an article, why don't u Google it or look it up on Wikipedia. Okay, I think I should take this shii on a whole different level. I ain't ur average nigga, don't tread where dragons fear to step on.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
Yes those who write articles have no business with originality,they simply copy and paste from newspapers and blog.says einstein!remember he is not your average nigga grin

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mickey7: Yes those who write articles have no business with originality,they simply copy and paste from newspapers and blog.says einstein!remember he is not your average nigga grin
I really wanna reply, but there is nothing reasonable in ur post. Slow-witted timorous slobbers are always keen on bringing down their superiors. When you have something better to post, benromeo39 will be here to dish it out. #okbye
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mickey7: Yes those who write articles have no business with originality,they simply copy and paste from newspapers and blog.says einstein!remember he is not your average nigga grin
ROTFL ..LMFAO
wickedness Mickey cry
sheer wickedness as usual gringrin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
I haven't insulted him and yet he keeps throwing insults. Define "slow witted" again? ...irony

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Alikaxon(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ermmm, what will I say now...... Pls guys, calm down, we are all learning, not fighting...
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
benromeo39: I really wanna reply, but there is nothing reasonable in ur post. Slow-witted timorous slobbers are always keen on bringing down their superiors. When you have something better to post, benromeo39 will be here to dish it out. #okbye
evil Mickey always leaves his victims in excruciating 'painment' sad

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
benromeo39: I really wanna reply, but there is nothing reasonable in ur post. Slow-witted timorous slobbers are always keen on bringing down their superiors. When you have something better to post, benromeo39 will be here to dish it out. #okbye
it's a good thing he knows he is slow-witted, it's not like I was referring to a singular person. Funny thing how apes know they belong on trees.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'll be back within the hour, wanna bath, eat and charge. cheesy
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Ryota(f): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mickey/ben pls break it off.don't start let's not fight pls.evenin everyone.my oga them way dey for house i throw salute.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'm sorry dear Ben. I refuse to exchange insults with you.Not to rain on your parade tho.If I were you,I'd hide my face in shame. smiley

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mickey7(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ryota: Mickey/ben pls break it off.don't start let's not fight pls.evenin everyone.my oga them way dey for house i throw salute.
fight?please. Good evening! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1041) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.