Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,737 members, 7,918,270 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 (10553 Views)

Choosing Between Nokia android and windows Phones / Nokia’s Android Phone Coming Soon – Would It Be The Best Option? [see Pic] / Huawei Ascend P6 Smartphone Released In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by caukerzee(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nokia dumped this idea just last month. They had plans before. This news is outdated. It seems the MODs don't follow tech news. You are not qualified to moderate this section of you don't.

On another note, it's too late for nokia even if they want to try. Samsung's dominance is too strong in the mid and high end market. They can't even survive in the low end market either.
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
hope it wount be costing #1million naira.!
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by stephano100(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by betrani(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
And I would add it to my Gionee Elife E3! Can't wait! I just can't wait
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by ignis: 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
I trust Nokia with strong and rugged batteries...
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
NO ANDROID FROM NOKIA

This is old news, They're no longer making it, their acquisition by Microsoft won't allow for that, instead they're working on wearables. Don't believe everything you read on an open internet forum.

Read this: http://m.gsmarena.com/rumor_no_android_devices_from_nokia_wearables_planned_instead-news-7381.php
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by GodswillAJudins(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
i think NOKIA should drop this idea ASAP cos no way for them its too late.

anyway FP tinz
*dancing skelewu in the toilet* lolz
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by unmask: 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
emk4lif: This is a bad move by them, rather than carving a niche for themselves with their unique 'windows OS based' Lumia series, they're jumping into the already saturated android market.....
It is this same attitude of carving a niche for themselves that got them to their present state...... Nokia the first company to sell a billion handset getting sold for 7billion.......It might surprise you to know a lot of people are still holding out a torch for nokia, praying they make an android phone.......... I have actually had a hard time trying to convince people to drop nokia
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Tallesty1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Not anymore, Microsoft somehow got wind of it and has already sent a warning to Nokia. Reason: not producing a phone with a different OS for two years is one of the aggreement nokia signed when microsoft bought it so their android devices are going to be wearables for now. No phone.
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by tonychristopher: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
the era Nokia was building good phones has passed what they build now is junk...look at their asha series there is always screen problem what of the stupid lumia such a useless phone...with small battery and fragile glass....I can't buy a Nokia phone I must confess. the last lumia my collegue bought was a disaster,just fell on ground the phone is gone...the battery is so small the panel is so thin the body is a fragile plastic...thank lord Microsoft bought em

have you ever used a HTC lately with it gorilla corning glass and scratch proof body with amoled aluminium casing....that's a machine
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Smily202(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nice one from nokiq....
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Youngpo413: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Promhize: Stop all these stu.pid useless lies and rumours, Nokia is not producing android smartphone, not now, not next year.

exactly
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by mikeakeh(m): 1:26am On Dec 24, 2013
Emmysteve: After exploitating Nigerians for so long. Sticking with my tecno
me too jare... mk dem wait till dey hear price.. if na nokia make all dis tecno android ehn... none of dem go dey blow 20k
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by fr3do(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2013
abubaka101:
There's no guarantee about that, yet...

If it won't,then it wouldnt be called android.
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Henards(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Godswill A Judins: Nokia is secretly building an Android phone that would be released January 2014 as gotten from sources. The phone is codenamed Normandy and it would be a low-end Android budget phone.

The team involved are apparently in "full steam ahead" to get the device out as early as possible.

The phone is expected to tackle the competition its Asha line of phones are having with other low-end budget Android phones according to some sources.

Since, the full acquisition of Nokia handset unit by Microsoft isn't complete yet, Nokia can quickly make the Android phone and see the reactions that would be generated by customers out there.

Although, it is my opinion that this is something that Nokia should have done long time ago, we still think that Nokia has a better chance of
growth if it had gone the Android way rather than going the Windows OS way.

Either way, we would be glad to see a low-end budget Nokia Android phone come 2014 if Microsoft didn't take over the handset unit completely by then.

http://phonegist..com/2013/12/nokia-android-phone-slated-for-january.html
Goodmorning nokia.
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by ignis: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2013
Godswill A Judins: i think NOKIA should drop this idea ASAP cos no way for them its too late.

anyway FP tinz
*dancing skelewu in the toilet* lolz

Children taking over Nairaland....
Boy, sorry for you.
Re: Nokia Android Phone Will Be Released In January 2014 by Lazon: 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
Medicine before death..
Unlike blackberry's BB10

wishing you bloodsuckers good luck reswindling Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? / TECNO Camon X Pro Vs Iphone X - Blind Camera Test. / Please Help: Infinix Hot Note Refused To Go Past "No Command". Bricked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.