Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,378 members, 7,881,352 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:31 PM

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar (14226 Views)

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 – Registrar / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hello Dr.'Hesjay,
Please tell us the name of your faculty where you used Biometric for signing attendance.
I'm a final year student of Unilorin and I've not seen or heard of any faculty that does that.
Please tell us o.

Dr.'Hesjay:
Mehn....Unilorin....I rep Better By Far...
I can see some beefers are saying different things about the initiative...lol...Its a normal thing to do!
No strike,yet we are setting the pace in terms of new ideas.
When ASUU strike started,ASUU chairman was complaining that there are no foreign lecturers/students in public schools because there is no facility..
I've just spent 2mnths in beta by far,two foreign lecturers(a prof and a Dr) hv teached me,foreign students all over d skl....d least lecturer that has tot me is a Phd holder....
I'm not saying thats d most wonderful thing cos nfn is rili special in it...But at least,i knw its against what ASUU chairman said they were fighting for....Well,no wonder Unilorin doesnt join d meaningless strike actions!
Multifunctional ID Card(Id card+Atm card+Secutiy Card) is another initiative.....
In my Faculty,students dnt write on paper to sign attendance for lectures....They use biometrics!!.
Unilorin...ride on,let others follow!!!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Clinical Sciences,College of Health Sciences,UITH,Oke Oyi!!
blaq_shine: Hello Dr.'Hesjay,
Please tell us the name of your faculty where you used Biometric for signing attendance.
I'm a final year student of Unilorin and I've not seen or heard of any faculty that does that.
Please tell us o.

Also a new initiative!
Mind u,i didnt say i used it....i said students use it in the faculty.pls read well!!...If u r truly a unilorin student,then i guess u knw why,as a fresher,i've nt used it......
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by amosadamu: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hmm lecturers indeed, how many of the lecturers know how to use a laptop talk less of ipad, well may be the young ones.
Some don't come to class often so grading students from home is just the norm.
Uni Iyonu, aside from their calender sha, don't know if there is any other thing they have.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by samquad(m): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
i rep ma grt alma mater UNILORIN, department of HISTORY AND INT'L STUDIES, We're aiming to be d best in Africa and we'll b, fellow unilorites can i c u rep us!
I also rep dat dpt. Beta by Far. Always love d sch
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by ProfGday(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Somebody is trying to b creative here while some are drawing us back to Stone-Age Era(ASSU v GEJ/Fed Govt are culprits).
F**k ASSU/GEJ/PDP/APC/Fed GOV.
Dough I'm a graduate now.
#Great IFE#
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lol....u sound lk...'i dnt fuckn care'.....Bleep dem all...lmao
Prof Gday: Somebody is trying to b creative here while some are drawing us back to Stone-Age Era(ASSU v GEJ/Fed Govt are culprits).
F**k ASSU/GEJ/PDP/APC/Fed GOV.
Dough I'm a graduate now.
#Great IFE#
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
amos adamu: Hmm lecturers indeed, how many of the lecturers know how to use a laptop talk less of ipad, well may be the young ones.
Some don't come to class often so grading students from home is just the norm.
Uni Iyonu, aside from their calender sha, don't know if there is any other thing they have.
Wrong,and wrong. This your Arm-Chair Criticism na wa oo. I dont know about the generality of Lecturers,but all of my Lecturers so far have shown a modicum of IT savvy,preparing online and offline Course-ware for us,and one of them uses a Tab in Class. About skipping Classes,only one Lecturer so far has done that,and I think she has some peculiar Circumstances,so Sir,like I said;wrong...and wrong.

As for your Comment about not knowing what else the Institution has;its either you are bad belle-ing or you are just Ignorant,and since neither of those will be solved by whatever I say,I'll just ignore it.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Bisma(f): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
koonbey: Wrong,and wrong. This your Arm-Chair Criticism na wa oo. I dont know about the generality of Lecturers,but all of my Lecturers so far have shown a modicum of IT savvy,preparing online and offline Course-ware for us,and one of them uses a Tab in Class. About skipping Classes,only one Lecturer so far has done that,and I think she has some peculiar Circumstances,so Sir,like I said;wrong...and wrong.

As for your Comment about not knowing what else the Institution has;its either you are bad belle-ing or you are just Ignorant,and since neither of those will be solved by whatever I say,I'll just ignore it.
I hate the mind sets of some people,unilorin is trying to make learning easy all they can do is to criticize the development.na jealousy go kill una let them keep ranting there.
Better by far we are!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by taharqa: 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
oladapo_a1: yes dear. Wired or wireless all at your disposal
Oh, OK. So as a Student, I hv access to fast and reliable Internet anywhere I am in that University? And at what cost plz?... I am reali interested in this, so an answer wud be appreciated
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by taharqa: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
koonbey: Yes Sire we do,and its Badasssssss... Download Speeds of up to 5MB/s, That I've seen,night Users probably get higher Speeds.

I rep UniLAWrin.
Very good. What is d cost to d students and lecturers? And do you guys hv access to online libraries/stores, whether associated with d skul or not?
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
From what i know,....our e-library and digital library,both located within the library are free of charge for staffs n students use.
There is also a free wireless network in d library...very very fast but it works within d library only..i v used it before..downloaded sumfn of 300+MB within few minutes(nt up to 4)!...
As for d skul wireless,i v nt tried it... i HEARD its abt 1k per session or so....nt sure but i knw its very cheap!..
taharqa: Very good. What is d cost to d students and lecturers? And do you guys hv access to online libraries/stores, whether associated with d skul or not?

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Vanityupnvanity(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
shocked
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Adamskuty(m): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
born2lead01: The Registrar of the University of
Ilorin, Mr Emmanuel Obafemi, has said that the institution would, from January 2014, be fully digitalised.

Speaking with the News Agency of
Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Ilorin,
Obafemi said that the development would make it possible for lecturers to be able to send assignments to their students via the Internet.

“As from Jan. 2014, University of Ilorin lecturers would be able to send assignments to their students through the Internet from the comfort of their homes,’’ adding that students would also be able to respond respond via the same channel.

He said that the school had ordered for 25,000 pieces of mini iPads from the U.S. for the students, to enable the lecturers to send assignments to them
from home.

He noted that the iPads were already fully loaded with the students’ courses and each student would get one as
they resume in January.

Obafemi confirmed that because the iPad was produced in large quantity,the university had subsidised its price,noting that the whole school had already been connected to the Internet.

He expressed the readiness of the
institution’s administration to make the university one of the best in Nigeria and Africa. Obafemi noted that the school would
continue to encourage programmes and policies that promote global best practices in the education system.

The registrar gave an assurance that the institution would sustain the legacy of the past Vice Chancellor,Prof. Ishaq Oloyede.

“If you come here in another five
months, you will see a positively
different Unilorin and well managed institution,’’ Obafemi said.

He commended the management of the institution and expressed delight in the fact that the university had not gone on strike in 13 years. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/unilorin-lecturers-teach-homes-2014-registrar/
quoted for the future,might be very useful against some charcants
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by JhimmyJhayy(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
....U just hating, of all the afforementioned schools, UNILORIN is the youngest, yet, the school is setting the pace for others to follow#proudly UNILORITES.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 24, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Mehn....Unilorin....I rep Better By Far...
I can see some beefers are saying different things about the initiative...lol...Its a normal thing to do!
No strike,yet we are setting the pace in terms of new ideas.
When ASUU strike started,ASUU chairman was complaining that there are no foreign lecturers/students in public schools because there is no facility..
I've just spent 2mnths in beta by far,two foreign lecturers(a prof and a Dr) hv teached me,foreign students all over d skl....d least lecturer that has tot me is a Phd holder....
I'm not saying thats d most wonderful thing cos nfn is rili special in it...But at least,i knw its against what ASUU chairman said they were fighting for....Well,no wonder Unilorin doesnt join d meaningless strike actions!
Multifunctional ID Card(Id card+Atm card+Secutiy Card) is another initiative.....
In my Faculty,students dnt write on paper to sign attendance for lectures....They use biometrics!!.
Unilorin...ride on,let others follow!!!

ok
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by valdprof: 12:28am On Dec 24, 2013
born2lead01: The Registrar of the University of
Ilorin, Mr Emmanuel Obafemi, has said that the institution would, from January 2014, be fully digitalised.

Speaking with the News Agency of
Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Ilorin,
Obafemi said that the development would make it possible for lecturers to be able to send assignments to their students via the Internet.

“As from Jan. 2014, University of Ilorin lecturers would be able to send assignments to their students through the Internet from the comfort of their homes,’’ adding that students would also be able to respond respond via the same channel.

He said that the school had ordered for 25,000 pieces of mini iPads from the U.S. for the students, to enable the lecturers to send assignments to them
from home.

He noted that the iPads were already fully loaded with the students’ courses and each student would get one as
they resume in January.

Obafemi confirmed that because the iPad was produced in large quantity,the university had subsidised its price,noting that the whole school had already been connected to the Internet.

He expressed the readiness of the
institution’s administration to make the university one of the best in Nigeria and Africa. Obafemi noted that the school would
continue to encourage programmes and policies that promote global best practices in the education system.

The registrar gave an assurance that the institution would sustain the legacy of the past Vice Chancellor,Prof. Ishaq Oloyede.

“If you come here in another five
months, you will see a positively
different Unilorin and well managed institution,’’ Obafemi said.

He commended the management of the institution and expressed delight in the fact that the university had not gone on strike in 13 years. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/unilorin-lecturers-teach-homes-2014-registrar/
UNN , please follow suit
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by valdprof: 12:30am On Dec 24, 2013
dondebx: This great even am nt a student of unilorin.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by valdprof: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
you are luddite
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Aydesmond(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2013
i rep beta,by far pharmacy
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nomswilli(m): 7:14am On Dec 24, 2013
Nice devolopment,but don't forget DAT UNN has been doing it,,dey even have star boards(Internet board)in classes... ..and by next year,dose who miss klasses would have to get d CD from d data based center

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2013
rapsodeep:

I also rep BBF.
What faculty r u actually talkin bout? Cos we still sign attendance with biros
stated up there...
Clinical sciences(nt in PS)
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tophee(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2013
..pure beef..pele,I feel ur pain..I REP UNILORIN(elect-elect engineering)..better by far
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by dhaewood(m): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2013
by the year "2099" WE WONT NEED GO TO SCHOOL ANY MORE TO LEARN..............INSTEAD ALL THE TEXTBOOKS & VIDEO LECTURES FOR A 5YEARS COURSE WILL JUST BE BLUE-TOOTHED INTO YOUR HEAD,IN 10 MINUTES, THEN YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REST FOR 5MINUTES BEFORE WRITING YOUR FINAL EXAM..........IF WHEN YOU PASS, because U MUST SURELY PASS, U GET UR "ALMIGHTY PALI" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by spenca: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
In a country where Internet hasn't reached an average score ?
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tosnat: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
tophee: ..pure beef..pele,I feel ur pain..I REP UNILORIN(elect-elect engineering)..better by far

Boss...elect elect part what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Command Secondary School Result 2017/2018 / My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. / JAMB Release My Answer Scripts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.