Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:05 AM

Letter To Nollywood - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Letter To Nollywood (14366 Views)

The Cure To Nollywood's Fallen Standard / How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) / Regina Askia, Please Come Back to Nollywood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Wislet(f): 8:13am On Dec 23, 2013
c0llynz02: They have still been able to carve out the best and the most popular movie industry in Africa, what have you achieved in your miserable life?
Better still, what have you done for Nigeria?

However it is they are seen, there should be room for a lot more improvement.

Or... Do you prefer to keep making the same mistakes even in 20 years time??
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Wislet(f): 8:18am On Dec 23, 2013
chaircover: these are the things that make nollywood "interesting"

Just see all it as light entertainment. Al jazeera and the discovery channel can do the serious stuff.
what is worth doing is worth doing WELL.

If it's for laughs, clearly state it is a COMEDY.

Let us stop celebrating incompetence.

I can't believe some people here can't take criticism and grow. I hope it's not the Nollywood people that are replying with the ''Go and produce your own movies'', etc. It would be most unfortunate because it would show you are truly non professionals and are not ready to grow.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Namady(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2013
vickitor: The Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood, is trying but they are making some mistakes that are very glaring even to a child. They should understand that what is worth doing is worth doing well. I know they are hustling like every other Nigerian, but they should also understand that they are also representing our country. These mistakes can be avoided if a very creative director directs most of these movies. These are:

1. We are tired of seeing spirits wear wrist watches and chains. For goodness sake, this is the spirit world you are trying portray, why are you guys still backward in movie directing? We should know that little things counts. Spirits should also stop rubbing powder on their faces and stop wearing cele overalls.

2. Please, if you guys intend to subtitle your movies, please subtitle it with good english and try to edit them if possible. We are tired of seeing sentences like "where did you carry all these pregnant?" For pete's sake, if you can't edit your movies, call people to edit them for you.

3. We are tired of seeing 30+ men and women acting secondary school children. If my classmates were that sexy in secondary school, I know my teachers would have slept them all. Moreso, please make it obvious that parents are older than their kids in your movies. How will clem Ohameze be the father of Jim Iyke... Ahan, in real life clem should not be older than Jim with not more than 10years.

4. Please and Please, our witches do not behave like imbeciles. How will a witch grow long fingers and very bad dentition in the midnight and the morning the same witch has the sweetest smile on earth. Don't make it look all girls with bad dentition are witches.

5. These days all your movies are Royal this... Royal that. Last week, my sister bought 6 Nollywood movies, Royal love, tears on the throne, igwe must hear this, etc. 70% of Nollywood movies are about royal stuffs, WTH. I know Nigerians don't even give a f**k about royalties. So why act it as if its our major problem.

6. We need creative directors in our movies. How will a thief drop his ID card in a robbery site in real life? Why will an actor wear double clothes because he is going to use the inner clothe for the next scene, please reason these things directors. Movies should not be about love alone but other fantastic stories. Oduah's case is there, write and act good movies please.

7. Sometimes, I don't know what some casts are doing in a movie. They are neither a part of the cause, part of the solution nor a waka-pass. They are just there doing "uhummm", "mtcheewwww", "nonsense", "**clapping their hands**". There are some scenes that are unnecessary too, why will a scene be just: tonto dike bathing, someone mistakenly see the igwe and run, etc. Very unnecessary.

PS: We know you don't have enough money to produce and direct the kind of movies in Hollywood but you can as well use the little you have and with talented actors to produce a decent movie.

From Concerned Nigerian

U neva watch hausa movie b dat! SMH
Re: Letter To Nollywood by AdeniyiA(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2013
only in Nollywood will you see a ghost looking right nd left before crossing the road
Re: Letter To Nollywood by RestroFlamez(m): 9:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Thank u OP for bringing this Topic Up, I mean our movies are sooo flawed , and the funniest thing is ppl know about a particular country through the movies they watch , why do u think people rush to the U.S today , well cos of how easy life settings is there in there movie , and when they get there they regret, so What I'm saying is the movie industry is the true mirror of a country,so I PLEEED with movie directors and editors and the fcking script writers , please stop with the brain irritating movies, we all know how it ends from just the beginning, its torture we need unexpected turns and flicks not the same Routine over and over again thanks that's why priceless movies like diamond rings ,sharorode, magun , and some oda old movies with good editing and storyline still linger in our head till today, even tinsel, so please and please try to represent us in a better shade maybe not in real life , but in OUR MOVIES
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Mansursani(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2013
vickitor: The Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood, is trying but they are making some mistakes that are very glaring even to a child. They should understand that what is worth doing is worth doing well. I know they are hustling like every other Nigerian, but they should also understand that they are also representing our country. These mistakes can be avoided if a very creative director directs most of these movies. These are:

1. We are tired of seeing spirits wear wrist watches and chains. For goodness sake, this is the spirit world you are trying portray, why are you guys still backward in movie directing? We should know that little things counts. Spirits should also stop rubbing powder on their faces and stop wearing cele overalls.

2. Please, if you guys intend to subtitle your movies, please subtitle it with good english and try to edit them if possible. We are tired of seeing sentences like "where did you carry all these pregnant?" For pete's sake, if you can't edit your movies, call people to edit them for you.

3. We are tired of seeing 30+ men and women acting secondary school children. If my classmates were that sexy in secondary school, I know my teachers would have slept them all. Moreso, please make it obvious that parents are older than their kids in your movies. How will clem Ohameze be the father of Jim Iyke... Ahan, in real life clem should not be older than Jim with not more than 10years.

4. Please and Please, our witches do not behave like imbeciles. How will a witch grow long fingers and very bad dentition in the midnight and the morning the same witch has the sweetest smile on earth. Don't make it look all girls with bad dentition are witches.

5. These days all your movies are Royal this... Royal that. Last week, my sister bought 6 Nollywood movies, Royal love, tears on the throne, igwe must hear this, etc. 70% of Nollywood movies are about royal stuffs, WTH. I know Nigerians don't even give a f**k about royalties. So why act it as if its our major problem.

6. We need creative directors in our movies. How will a thief drop his ID card in a robbery site in real life? Why will an actor wear double clothes because he is going to use the inner clothe for the next scene, please reason these things directors. Movies should not be about love alone but other fantastic stories. Oduah's case is there, write and act good movies please.

7. Sometimes, I don't know what some casts are doing in a movie. They are neither a part of the cause, part of the solution nor a waka-pass. They are just there doing "uhummm", "mtcheewwww", "nonsense", "**clapping their hands**". There are some scenes that are unnecessary too, why will a scene be just: tonto dike bathing, someone mistakenly see the igwe and run, etc. Very unnecessary.

PS: We know you don't have enough money to produce and direct the kind of movies in Hollywood but you can as well use the little you have and with talented actors to produce a decent movie.

From Concerned Nigerian
You are right, what's worth doing is worth doing well.
First of all, they all lack professionalism and keen interest ( production crew) .
Secondly, they don't care whether their movies are being criticized or their personalities. Imagine a full grown up woman in a scene fully in make up in the earliest time of the day, either staying in or going out. while the man always reading a squeezed newspaper.
Lastly, the actors too had become confused in so many of their lead roles. Imagine Desmond Elliott acting as a thug today and directing a romantic movie tomorrow.
Nollywood gear up and face reality with professionalism.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by richardoz(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2013
hmm! I am short of words.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by GentleFrank(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Good !
Re: Letter To Nollywood by fpeter(f): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2013
have you ever wondered why they scream at the top of their voices?
why they wear heavy makeup and dress as if they're going to a ceremony
even when they're supposedly in their homes or in bed? Or the fact that
they keep recycling the same bad actors and actresses for similar roles?
I gave up on Nollywood long ago and almost sued Saint Obi for his poor
movie titled "TAKE ME TO MAMA"...it was an assault to my viewing pleasure.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by smartg(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Nollywood are acting season films now, they think that will give them more money but that's why i stop watching Nigerian movies. How can you act a film from part 1 to part 6. How can I watch a film up to part 6 and yet no conclusion?, just because you want to make more money, doesn't mean you should start acting Rubbish.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Shimish: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2013
sureteeboy: What's stopping him is the fact that the entertainment Industry isn't his field. You have the right to criticize a player who doesn't perform well (even though, you can't do what he's doing) simply because that's his profession. Those who chose directing and producing movies as their profession should be ready to produce meaningful movies, else, they won't be free from criticism.

dude i don't know you, but this is the most Intelligent response I have read in a looooooong time.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by richardoz(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2013
Restro Flamez: Thank u OP for bringing this Topic Up, I mean our movies are sooo flawed , and the funniest thing is ppl know about a particular country through the movies they watch , why do u think people rush to the U.S today , What I'm saying is the movie industry is the true mirror of a country
No! the movie industry does not always portray the real situation of any country. What they do many times is make-believe. How will u tell me that an average indian is so caring and romantic as they show us in their movies?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by RestroFlamez(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2013
richardoz: No! the movie industry does not always portray the real situation of any country. What they do many times is make-believe. How will u tell me that an average indian is so caring and romantic as they show us in their movies?
well yeah, india is one of the worst places to live in , but if u don't listen to news u won't know, u'll follow what their movie dictates, true
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Shimish: 10:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Ohraybs:
Guy,dunno wah to say bout you,buh wah I will simply say is,most of all d films dey produce oh,either hollywood,bollywood or Nollywood are the same,Go check Fast and furious 6 and u will see a big lies,and yet we derive joy in praisin dem,forgetin dat govt sponse den to do deirs while ours is being done with deir moni...Guy,we need to appreciate deir work.....

the government does not sponsor Hollywood movies dude. do ur research properly
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Mickheal(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2013
kindy86: The names they gave to their movies tire me self, u see a name like azonto,kukere,lipopo,ukwusarambara, gobe . stil waitin for caro.and if u try to watch u wil be disapointed.
Abegii i dey wait for nepa make i de watch my Amaya
U still dey watch amaya Chai!!! AGBAYA!!
Re: Letter To Nollywood by dude99(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2013
It's like na letter tinz now ooooo!me too go soon write my own naw!
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Annekay(f): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
vickitor:
Sisi, the movie industry sucks so much that they need general overhauling of the actors. The likes of Pete Edochie, ramsey noah (few), desmond too (few), etc don't act anymore because of the cheap content in their movies. Bad directing these days are killing our movies. I don't understand anymore
abi o
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Lamasta(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nollywood has lost its taste long time ago they only recycle old movie, no quality audio, the story is always dull that one can arrive at conclusion even before the end of the movie, there is no difference in Flashbacks the only difference is that it will be black and white background intead of the Coloured background. In all they can still do better if they are ready to learn from the success of the Hollywood Movie industry.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by RestroFlamez(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
I love criticizing. Nollywood
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Ignatio(m): 8:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Wislet: sit down Mr.......

However it is they are seen, there should be room for a lot more improvement.

Or... Do you prefer to keep making the same mistakes even in 20 years time??

Ask him o. The dude sounds like a marketer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

REAL P Wins Onitsha Got Talent 2017 (Photos) / Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / I Just Produced My First Movie Guys. I'm Excited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.