Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? (771 Views)

Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / PHOTOS: Should Government Enact Law Against Indecent Dressings / Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by temtenbula(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2008
hello house,is their any need for the fedral government to create ministry of niger delta as part of its effort in reinstating peace in that region?
what is ur own opinion?
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by Ekwere(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2008
Hello there,
it is not a matter of creating the Ministry of Niger Delta but the will power to do that which is right,would the over bearing influence of the POWER-THAT-BE not affect the smooth operations of the ministry.
There are more questions to be asked concerning this,just look at the NDDC for an example. What possible impact have they created and who told you that one Northerner would not be appointed as a Substantial Minister of Niger Delta and a Niger Deltan deputising.
Wonders shall never cease.
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by Seun(m): 11:25pm On Aug 03, 2008
A new ministry would be nothing more than an avenue for more money chopping. Let the president handle the Niger Delta; it's a national emergency.
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by lucabrasi(m): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2008
Ekwere:

Hello there,
it is not a matter of creating the Ministry of Niger Delta but the will power to do that which is right,would the over bearing influence of the POWER-THAT-BE not affect the smooth operations of the ministry.
There are more questions to be asked concerning this,just look at the NDDC for an example. What possible impact have they created and who told you that one Northerner would not be appointed as a Substantial Minister of Niger Delta and a Niger Deltan deputising.
Wonders shall never
cease.
nddc is only an intervention agency an in my opinion i think it was set up right from the onset to fail,the fail of nddc under performing is not just for lack of funds but high scale corruption right from alaibe down,in as much as i agree with you that the over bearing influence might affect the ministry,i agree that creating a ministry of niger delta with the right ministers will solve the major problems,as for sayn that a northerner will be chosen lets be honest at this point thats purely conjecture
@poster
yes it will go a long way in putting the niger delta issue in its right perspective and creating a wholistic approach to it once and for all
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by tpia: 1:32am On Aug 04, 2008
funded with oil money?

Hmm, I see some newly made millionaires with property abroad. Or the rich getting richer and buying more property abroad. After all, no be person dey own skyscraper?
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by Danmasani(m): 1:36am On Aug 04, 2008
Honestly, to those who support groups such as Asari Dokubo's Mend or other freedom fighters, I have one question for you guys?

This so-called militancy in the Niger-Delta? What gains have they made for the people there? Are Niger-deltans better today than before? The oil bunkering, ransom-taking, pipeline siphoning thieves that you identify as "militants"-- what exactly have they contributed so far to the plight of the Niger-Delta.

I think these questions remain to be answered!
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by Nigeria17: 1:56am On Aug 04, 2008
the govt should not do that. why dont they create the ministry of the south west. which get less than river state.
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by otokx(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2008
we don't need any ministry of niger delta but the government should be sincere in its handling of the situation
Re: Should Government Create A Ministry Of Niger Delta? by ojubi(m): 5:35am On Aug 07, 2008
NO TO ANY SO CALL MINISTRY. SOVERN NATIONAL CONFERENCE, TRUE FEDRALISM, EVERY REGION COTROL UR RESOUCES AND BE REPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVELOPMENT, PAY UR TAXES TO THE CENTRAL. THAT WAY EACH REGION CAN BE CHALLANGE BY THE PROGRESS OF DE OTHER REGION AND SIT UP.

(1) (Reply)

Killing Ribadu Softly: Who Will Pay The Price? / Cheap Nike Air Force One / 235 Nigerian Women In British Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.