Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,552 members, 7,978,819 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:47 PM

One Day The Table Will Turn..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Day The Table Will Turn..... (492 Views)

Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians / Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State / Nigeria Will Turn To Somalia If Cpc Rule - Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Day The Table Will Turn..... by naijagraduates: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
The oyo state coordinator(Mr. Emeka),his PRO(Mr. Kayode Muyeez),the mobilisation officer(Tunmbi) and myself where able to meet with Prof Albert oluwole and Dr. Danjibo both of the African institute University of ibadan during the week to introduce ourselves to them,state our claims, aims and objectives as stated in our constitution and at the end of the meeting they both accepted and are willing to give their support to us 99.9% if and only if we as a body are willing to set the record straight and do our assignment well.( That aside)
During the week I took ill and decided to seek for medical attention, on my way I stumbled on one of my lecturers who just hit an okada driver who also happened to be an acquaintance. The situation was so bad that despite the jeans trouser the okada man was putting on,the crowd could clearly see a dying man with cut all over his belly and his testicles peeping out of its sac and blood stains all over the guys body with various deep cuts. The clinic we rushed him to (Jaja Clinic in the university of Ibadan) couldn't give him pain relief injections or first aid. After the doctors wasted quality time waring gloves and aimlessly walking around doing nothing they finally pronounced he has been referred to The University teaching hospital(UCH).
So basically what am trying to say here is these are the things we face as "common man" on the daily. As citizens or as youth despite the fact that we do not have a place in the National budget we can't access health facilities too. Don't be surprised the okada guy in question is a Graduate and the question you would ask is "what the heck" is he doing on a "sunny bloody thursday" in the busy city of Ibadan when he can conveniently be at work in he's office or in he's work place trying to be productive. A BIG SHAME ON YOU AND I if we continue to allow our leaders distribute okada's and keke and make them believe they are doing us a favour or empowering us.
And in the words of beautiful Nubia one day the table would turn.
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator
(Lagos inauguration is top on our agenda now-10 and 11 january 2014 mass rally and loud awareness let's us all be part of it)
Re: One Day The Table Will Turn..... by kemtol(f): 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yeah, we. Are More than ready for the so much awaited Rally. This is the time to act
TOGETHER WE CAN

1 Like

Re: One Day The Table Will Turn..... by naijagraduates: 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Where Are you all?...the race is on and the baton has been passed to us.
What shall we tell our children if we keep sitting and playing the spectator!!!!

(1) (Reply)

INEC Registered A Bowl Of Rice As A Voter In Anambra / There Is No Army Of God Anywhere Only Mass Killers / An Open Letter To The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.