Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,120 members, 7,922,718 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 11:53 AM

Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease (24791 Views)

Gone!Gone!!...Tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord Leather seat With Navigation System / Nigeria Satellite Navigation Systems / Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, At Reduced Prices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
landis:

instead of posting screenshots, can you provide url of your company?

another very funny post - you obviosuly didnt find it necessary to read through the entire thread

For the umpeenth time - our website is www. ceaser-web. com
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2008
teddyshyne:

What an irony, it is a problem to be an ignorant illiterate, it is a double whammy to be an  educated illiterate, Nigerians could be ignorant atimes, because they want to be. This individual is promoting his service just like everyone else on this board is doing, i know how difficult the topography is in Nigeria because of lack judgement. These people raving and ranting and running their waterty mouths do not have anything to contribute to the growing economy. Town planning in Nigeria is a joke and coming up with a navigation to maneuver around the roads is a step in the right direction. Depending on the update time, you can be notified if there is no road in a place where there used to be one and get rerouted, that is called "real time navigation" but i don't think 3d technologies is up to that level yet. I think we should be open and embrace all these technologies as a sign of better things to come. Just like the Iphone, the first version wasnt the best, but subsequent versions became better. As they progress and get your support, we might not even need to drive a car anymore, they might come up with a technology that navigates itself while you relax and do whatever in the car, but in the mean time, labiye*** will need to ignore these "educated illiterates" to be able to  focus and create a nav system that will take me from Lagos to Jalingo and reroute me when it senses "gun fire" on kubwa-Abaji rd. alabiye**** more grease to your elbow, i'm sure when you offer your IPOs its the same set of morons that will quickly jump and buy the technology stock because its going to make money, Ride on my compadre, by the way did you use mapinfo to generate your mapping system because it is wonderful, I can't deny a good thing when i see it, no be only oyinbo man country they suppose get all these kin thing wey dey do "magic"

That is why it is a sat nav - to re route you automatically - our system also does that perfectly.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2008
teddyshyne:

by the way did you use mapinfo to generate your mapping system because it is wonderful,

Buy the product and stop trying to pry into his technique grin
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by fotodaddy: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
texazzpete:

Buy the product and stop trying to pry into his technique grin

Abi!!!! I tire oooo cool
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by tegaboy: 2:43am On Aug 26, 2008
how much would it cost for the sd card
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by akininNC(m): 5:52am On Aug 26, 2008
@poster.
I would love to see this work, especially since I cannot live without it in Yankee land. But there are some issues with in Nigeria. There is no uniform names of streets in Nigeria, take Abeokuta for instance, the street I grew up on has 3 different names. I looked up your website for Abeokuta and most of the roads are "unnamed streets"
I wish you luck with this project but it is going to be difficult.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2008
akininNC:

@poster.
I would love to see this work, especially since I cannot live without it in Yankee land. But there are some issues with in Nigeria. There is no uniform names of streets in Nigeria, take Abeokuta for instance, the street I grew up on has 3 different names. I looked up your website for Abeokuta and most of the roads are "unnamed streets"
I wish you luck with this project but it is going to be difficult.

I understand your concerns - you probably grew up 30 years ago or above - it is not good to imagine or beleive that what happened in Nigeria 30 years ago is still what is available at this time and age - things have changed.

In Lagos and most big cities - each street has a sign showing the name of the street - just like it is available overseas - this is a development.

As per the Abeokuta map showing unnamed streets - the website project is totally different from the sat nav project - we have full maps of Abeokuta updated in 2008 - with streets names and points of interests.

As per it being difficult - I agree with you - nothing is easy anyway - i will send you screen shots of Abeokuta shortly.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 10:44am On Aug 26, 2008
I am sure you recognise these streets in Abeokuta?

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Ebonyj(f): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ Poster, How much is this?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2008
With 117 Nigerian street level maps and a GARMIN NUVI 200W - it goes for only 60k.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by lepashandi: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2008
What if I have my own device? Do you sell the maps alone?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2008
lepashandi:

What if I have my own device? Do you sell the maps alone?

Yes, we sell the maps alone if you have your Garmin device already.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Ebonyj(f): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2008
My peeps, we tried this GPS out in Naija, I most say I am very impressed. It is not easy to develop a nvaigation system for a place without a proper plan so who ever developed the software is a genius.
Good Points-

1. User Friendly- Easy to use
2. Wil definitely take you to your destination , you won't get lost

A few downside to
1 . Slow- slow in the sense that, it takes a few minutes for it to locate where you are and if you do not take the first route you are given it will take about 2 mins to recalculate a new route.
2, Not entirely accurate- it might tell you you will reach your destination in 10minutes when in actual fact it will tkae you 20 minutes or more.

Other than that, it is fantastic, especially for people like me who get lost easily . I would definitely recommend it. Well done to whoever developed the sytem! smiley
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2008
Ebonyj:

My peeps, we tried this GPS out in Naija, I most say I am very impressed. It is not easy to develop a nvaigation system for a place without a proper plan so who ever developed the software is a genius.
Good Points-

1. User Friendly- Easy to use
2. Wil definitely take you to your destination , you won't get lost

A few downside to
1 . Slow- slow in the sense that, it takes a few minutes for it to locate where you are and if you do not take the first route you are given it will take about 2 mins to recalculate a new route.
2, Not entirely accurate- it might tell you you will reach your destination in 10minutes when in actual fact it will tkae you 20 minutes or more.

Other than that, it is fantastic, especially for people like me who get lost easily . I would definitely recommend it. Well done to whoever developed the sytem! smiley

Hi, thanks for the review.

As per 1.

That depends on the reception to the satellite, if it is clear sky, it shouldnt usually be like a minute.

As per 2.

I think this is mainly due to traffic and co, it sure recalculates and gives you the coorect time as you travel.

New maps came out last week. PLease liase with us to get new maps installed.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by igwe11(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
@labiyemmy:

I am sure you recognise these streets in Abeokuta?
please can you  post that of  Abuja and Enugu let me see the cities involve.

thanks,
Igwe
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by krispoly(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2008
una sure say this naija sat nav no go direct person enter LASTMA trap so
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by skillmyman(m): 11:31pm On Sep 29, 2008
I have followed this thread and to call it depressing is to say the least.

claims and counter claims.
I think the owner of this thread should take it easy. Even GOD created us humans to have opinions. that is why we are better than angels.

@Fotodaddy, i take exception to calling people that visit nairaland as drop out bla bla bla. Dont think that is a fair assessment at all.

And to people that said Nairalanders are unserious, that is also wrong. Do u know the traffic that view alone on a daily basis, u will apppreciate this site knowing that watever is acceptable here will be propagated at least thru out naija.

I sure will by a nav sys from u guys. keep up the good work and for the critics, keep it up too. Nice to know we have critics in da house!!!!
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by EZEB1(m): 1:19am On Sep 30, 2008
pls how much will it cost and i need a map of lagos urgently thanks pls reply to my email ezekwere2000@yahoo.com
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Ebonyj(f): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2008
@labiyemmy:

Hi, thanks for the review.

As per 1.

That depends on the reception to the satellite, if it is clear sky, it shouldnt usually be like a minute.

As per 2.

I think this is mainly due to traffic and co, it sure recalculates and gives you the coorect time as you travel.

New maps came out last week. PLease liase with us to get new maps installed.

Point taken, I did not buy this , I borrowed it from my brother in law, but I will definitely be getting mine and I will tell him to get the updated maps.

More grease to your elbow.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by sojioguns(m): 11:26am On Sep 30, 2008
Are the maps available for cars that use CD-ROM based navigation?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by omasogood(m): 1:37am On Oct 06, 2008
@labiyemmy

You and your company have just proved that anything we Nigerians set out to do is very much possible & that things ACTUALLY WORK in our country regardless of what the haters and pessimists preach, that Nigeria is a bad place & that we are not moving forward (like the western world which they practically worship doesn't have problems too,sometimes even worse ones)

CONGRATS ON THIS ACHIEVEMENT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARDWORK AND COMMITMENT TO THIS PROJECT WHICH IS MAKING LIFE A BIT EASIER FOR US ALL!!
[i][/i]
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by sylife(m): 2:26am On Oct 06, 2008
hi, labiyemmy you have a good job at hand just keep itup!!. and always tell them, that the world is now a globalvillage thanks for your good work, shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by naijacutee(f): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2008
Very impressive, alabiyemmy!! Now, I can put my money where my mouth is, and say that I'm contributing towards our progress by buying Nigerian Technology instead of waiting for "oyinbo people" to come and create GPS to our own front doors for us. Very well done, sir.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by QBSauceKid: 1:15am On Oct 11, 2008
GOOD WORK!
takes a lot of courage to perform any entrepreneural feats for and in Nigeria.
Most pple jst want t work in bank.
Im defintely getting it.
Keep Up The Good Work.
U hav my support, wateva its worth.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by fotodaddy: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2008
Labiyemmy, called your lagos contact for the costing on a Zumo 450 with maps for Nigeria. Would appreciate your feed back. I plan a tour around Naija for early November with my bike. The GPS should be up and running before then. So over to you guys.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2008
fotodaddy:

Labiyemmy, called your lagos contact for the costing on a Zumo 450 with maps for Nigeria. Would appreciate your feed back. I plan a tour around Naija for early November with my bike. The GPS should be up and running before then. So over to you guys.

Hi foto - yes, your Zumo 550 will be with you as agreed - we got a 550 in place of a 450.

Regards,
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by fotodaddy: 6:20am On Oct 17, 2008
@labiyemmy:

Hi foto - yes, your Zumo 550 will be with you as agreed - we got a 550 in place of a 450.

Regards,

Any idea when it will be ready for pick up??
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by debosky(m): 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2008
I'd like to buy a map for Lagos - I already have a Garmin Nuvi 250.

Get in touch and let's talk business
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2009
Hey - just read your post -

Call - 08055794269.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
bump
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ofans(m): 5:31am On Feb 24, 2009
hi can you tell me where exactly you are located
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2009
Hi Ofans,

I am in between London, Lagos and Abuja.

Call 08055794269 or 08024116952 anytime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Electric Car Jack For Big Jeeps SUV And Cars, Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump / Unsold Inventory By Auctionexport.com / All Car Keys Solutions At Ladipo Spare Parts Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.