Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,333 members, 7,978,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:07 PM

Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice (1124 Views)

Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. / If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? / Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by DeepZone: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008

Oyinlola orders trial of PDP chieftain, others for rape

By Tunde Odesola, Osogbo

Osun State Governor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has ordered the trial of a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state, Chief Ganiyu Oladiran, and three others for alleged rape and assault.

advertisement

Oladiran, according to the State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Niyi Owolade, was fingered in an alleged rape of an Action Congress teenage supporter in Ilesa, Miss Tosin Ajakaye.

Ajakaye, a Senior Secondary School student, was allegedly raped on September 16, 2007 at her residence by a PDP supporter, Mr Obafemi Kolawole.

Owolade said Oladiran would be charged with conspiracy and assault.

Two other PDP supporters that would be arraigned along with Oladiran are Olawale Fakolujo and Kehinde Odediran, who were charged with assault on AC supporters which include Sunday Ibitoye; Lasun Gbadamosi, Lawal Sikiru, Tosin Ajakaye and Oluwafemi Ojo.

Owolade, at a news briefing on Thursday in Osogbo, said the AC supporters alleged that the PDP suspects unleashed mayhem on them in retaliation of the burning of Oladiran’s residence and vehicles during the protest that greeted the April 14 governorship poll.

Owolade, who condemned the action of the Lagos State Assembly, said the parliament of the neighbouring state had “no jurisdiction to compel or hurry Osun State on the issue.”

He said, “Osun is no satellite of Lagos. The governor has directed a full trial of the suspects involved in the alleged crime. A prima facie case has been established against the suspects.

“We want to tell the world that Osun State is replete with men and women of dignity in governance. Nobody is above the law here in Osun State. The Lagos parliament should not politicise this issue. We have just received the police report and we have prepared a legal advice.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/1/407.html
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by DeepZone: 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2008
Who said men can't go to jail in Nigeria for rape? It'll happen live in Osun state very soon.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2008
I will blv it when it has happened, a nation where even the magistrate has raped his househelp, a nation where a brown envelope is all that is needed, or a nation where has been arrived at the dinner and all they do is read out th verdict at court? I am sure that soon, that nation will be better and all the bad eggs will be dealt with.
They ought to be jailed and thrw out the keys,cos i am sure most of the suspects probably has daughter of same age as the victim, if not older.
Shameful he-goats.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Gonorrhea(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2008
i hope she does

justice is a bit of a poppycock in Nigeria nowadays!!
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2008
I will make sure i fllow the case to the last letter.
Imagine all those fools called ex-govs that were on trial, what happened to them, has any gone to jail for looting all the money that belongs to me and you and our children, nope, instead, they are having fun and being treated like Nollywood stars.
God will judge thm all.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by DeepZone: 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2008
i hope she does

justice is a bit of a poppycock in Nigeria nowadays!!

It'll happen.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2008
If it happen, i will pack up and move back to nigeria.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by DeepZone: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2008
If it happen, i will pack up and move back to nigeria.

You better start packing now, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2008
DeepZone:

You better start packing now, grin grin grin grin grin

We have a deal.
Dont forget it is her world against the power broker of osun state.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by DeepZone: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2008
We have a deal.
Dont forget it is her world against the power broker of osun state.

Don't forget the gov is on her side.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Gamine(f): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2008
At her residence??

Where can someone call home these days sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2008
i am sure the governor will soon change his mind, by the time they remind him the son of who he is.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2008
Gamine:

At her residence??

Where can someone call home these days sad sad sad sad sad

So sad for the shameful goats
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Gamine(f): 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2008
Sad for the goats? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2008
Those goats shd be slaughtered and serve their body to the vultures
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Gonorrhea(m): 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2008
DeepZone:

It'll happen.

i hope it happens
it is not very nice at all and she dont deserve it!
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Fhemmmy: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
Amen to that.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by DeepZone: 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2008
At her residence?Huh?

Where can someone call home these days

I don't know whether they want us to run to the moon for safety.
Re: Osun Rape Victim About To Get Justice by Viante(f): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2008
That may not be a bad idea o

(1) (Reply)

With An Agf Like Aondoakaa / Nuhu Ribadu Is A Fraud! / Obama On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.