Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,342 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:15 PM

Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream (666 Views)

Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! / Soldiers Invade Minna School After Teacherpunished Pupil / Why Do Primary/secondary Pupils Stop Going To School After Exams?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream by 9jaflave: 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
When I saw this article, I was like.....No Way...He must be kidding me. But reading through I knew that this young man took a truly courageous decision, which many would never dare.

And to think that the movie " 3 Idiots " gave him some courage to act. Quite Inspiring
And for parents who love to impose certain professions on their children.This is a must read for you.

Ismaila Mansur Akolade is currently a 100 level student of Mass Communication at the University of Lagos. He had spent 10 years at the University of Ilorin, studying Medicine before quitting barely two weeks to the commencement of his final qualification examination.

His days at the University of Ilorin was saddled with constant failure, which ended up putting him at the bottom of the class. He decided to quit at the last minute. Today, Ismaila is neither sitting at the bottom nor struggling in his new course of study, as he currently sits in the 1st class category with a Grade Point Average of 4.71. Read his story below.........

In an exclusive interview with The Nation, Ismaila revealed that his action was triggered by his passion for the journalism profession, which he said was parallel to the wish of his father. He noted that his dream was never to become a doctor, but was forced into an unholy matrimony with the profession by his father who sees the medical profession as prestigious and thus wants ‘the best’ for his son. He counsels parents and young ones.

In his words, “ Parents should allow their children to express themselves. That parents are privileged to give birth to children does not give them absolute control over their destinies. Parents can only guide their children. Children should be allowed to have more input on how they would live their lives.

http://9jaflave..com/2013/12/undergraduate-quits-medical-school-to-pursue-his-dream.html

Re: Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream by 360command: 2:03am On Dec 24, 2013
I think the guy has been jazzed.
Re: Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream by Danjunior(m): 5:41am On Dec 24, 2013
360command: I think the guy has been jazzed.

Lolzxx
Re: Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream by captcochrane(m): 5:46am On Dec 24, 2013
u kidding me?

medicine nd mass communication? with d same wassce/ssce?

or its anoda tale by d moonlight?

e ra mi kale!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Topics From Sexuality Section Don't Hit Front-page? / BREEEAAAKING NEWS!!!! Bomb Blast Hits Kano Again / No Fresh Case Of Ebola In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.