Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,755 members, 7,885,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Rate These Classic Musicians - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rate These Classic Musicians (1300 Views)

Rate These Nigerian Musicians From Best To Worst / Musicians' Real Names That U Know. / Let's Talk About Nigerian Musicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate These Classic Musicians by Hero(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2006
Rate These Classics
Aight, shoot. Rate these classic artist in order from worst to best.

Keith Sweat

R. Kelly

Luther Vandross

Brian McNight

Prince

Michael Jackson

Gerald LeVert

Babyface Evans

Bobby Brown

Johnny Gill
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by Seun(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2006
R. Kelly
Michael Jackson

I don't know the rest!
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by lunafish(f): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2006
Keith Sweat - The King of New Jack Swing. Without him there would be no Usher, R. Kelly, Joe, Ginuwine, Tyrese, Mario,

R. Kelly - Not a classic.

Luther Vandross - Stella classic in every sense. RIP.

Brian McNight - Not a classic. His only great song is "Anytime" All the rest are below par.

Prince- I adore this man. He is the personification of music and one the most talented people on this Earth.

Michael Jackson - I don't want to comment. When he was black he was a classic. I just had to say it.

Gerald LeVert - Not a classic. he's alright. Great voice. Average material.

Babyface - Yep he's a classic. He just shouldn't make any more records.

Bobby Brown - Not a classic. Hey he was the precursor to Usher so I rate him as the 2nd man of New Jack Swing.

Johnny Gill - Killer voice. "My, my my." is the jam! Not a classic but I've got love for him.
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by edygirl(f): 10:41pm On Jun 20, 2006
All of them are so so good. THERE ARE NO WORST.
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by superb(m): 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2006
gerald levert

johnny gill

brian mcknight

keith sweat

bobby brown

r kelly

babyface edmonds

luther vandross

prince

micheal jackson(the king.no present artist is as influential as this man was at his peak in the eighties.he has his problems now but no artist apart from him has featured in the cover page of more than one popular entertainment/music magazine for more than one year running.)
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by bluenubian(f): 1:03am On Jun 21, 2006
when did these artist become classic musicians
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by diddy4(m): 4:08am On Jun 21, 2006
i have not seen anything that qualifies those mentioned above to be rated as classics. you should be talking about barry white and marvin gaye not perverts like R.Kelly and modern day monkeys like MJ.
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by Hero(m): 4:50am On Jun 21, 2006
diddy4:

i have not seen anything that qualifies those mentioned above to be rated as classics. you should be talking about Berry white and Marvin gaye not perverts like R.Kelly and modern day monkeys like MJ.

Hey, your kind of right, but I didn't thin the mojority of the folks on this site were old enough to know of the likes of Marvin gaye, and the other classics from his time. So this is for the Old Heads out there.

Barry White, 

Al Green

James Brown

Marvin Gaye

Otis Redding

Rick James

Smokey Robinson

Little Richard

Curtis Mayfield

Isaac Hayes

George Clinton

Stevie Wonder

Sam Cook

Ray Charles

Lionel Richie
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by diddy4(m): 5:05am On Jun 21, 2006
now this new list is what i call the classics, not them knuckle heads perverts.

good job hero.

one the top of my list is barry white, den stevie wonder before marvin gaye. the rest know where they stand.
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by shawna(f): 6:03am On Jun 21, 2006
luv the second list dey made real music winknot the kind of crap angry nowadays u hear on the radiooldskool music fan
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by superb(m): 6:46am On Jun 21, 2006
first of all you guys judge wrongly.the thread asks to rate the artists listed thats all.

the ratings are by their works not their personal lives.r kelly yes was perverse but you can't deny that he ruled 90's male

r&b.no one there comes close.

unfortunately i will agree that most of the forum members are too young to have known these artists properly

fela kuti for instance is undoubtedly the greatest intertnationally known artist to come from nigeria.

he had many wives and led a nasty life.no one cares about that.his music rules.

the other list with marvin gaye otis redding.great those guys ruled as well at their peak.but thats another story
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by mamaput(f): 8:34am On Jun 21, 2006
that fucking R kelly should not be on any list. Eye sour
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by wise(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2006
You are a disgraced to me because you do not add any Nigerian or African Artistes.

You cannot see American or European posting a thread like this without adding their country Artiste.
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by SvS(f): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2006
ah it dosent rily matter,maybe cos hero lives in us and can only remember those iin the country hes in
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by mamaput(f): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2006
Oya name one Nigerian soul singer for us
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by simmy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2006
f
wise:

You are a disgraced to me because you do not add any Nigerian or African Artistes.

You cannot see American or European posting a thread like this without adding their country Artiste.
Nigerians always harp on irrelevancies!
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by babwilms(m): 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2006
@Simmy.
simmy:

fNigerians always harp on irrelevancies!

and Americans or Europeans don't harp on irrelevancies abi? What about King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Chief Stephen Osita (Osadebe), Sunny Okosun, Late Paul I.K. Dairo, Orlando Owoh, Moses Olaiya a.k.a Babasala. Do they harp on irrelevancies.

Well from the list i would go for:
Otis Redding
Louis Armstrong
R Kelly
Marvin Gaye
Lionel Richie
Ray Charles
Michael Jackson
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by Idekeson(m): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2006
Based on your list I have only 3 classics that belong in the hall of fame:

Michael Jackson (The black and maybe the 1/2 caste, but not the white version)

Prince

Luther Vandross
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by Advin(m): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2006
R. Kelly
Michael Jackson.
the rest, no idea.
Hey, you forgot to include Phil Collins
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by babwilms(m): 1:03am On Jun 23, 2006
Don't we have classic musicians for Nigeria, UK or other countries or you just want people's opinion on the ones you listed?
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by retro(f): 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2006
wise:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! LMFAOOO
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by simmy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2006
babwilms:

@Simmy.
and Americans or Europeans don't harp on irrelevancies abi? What about King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Chief Stephen Osita (Osadebe), Sunny Okosun, Late Paul I.K. Dairo, Orlando Owoh, Moses Olaiya a.k.a Babasala. Do they harp on irrelevancies.

Well from the list i would go for:
Otis Redding
Louis Armstrong
R Kelly
Marvin Gaye
Lionel Richie
Ray Charles
Michael Jackson
[/quot
WHAT!!!!!
Re: Rate These Classic Musicians by Free(f): 12:05am On Aug 22, 2006
luther vandross
michael jackson
marvin gaye
gerald levert
r kelly
lionel richie
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
johnny gill

(1) (Reply)

Have You Listened To "loyal To The Game" By Tupac / Freestyle Friday Rap Battle In Nigeria: Apply Here / Psquare New Video Roll Am Or Rollit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.