Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,172 members, 7,896,976 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

Plantain Fufu? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Plantain Fufu? (12235 Views)

Why Is The Last Ball Of Eba/fufu Hard To Swallow? / I Ate Fufu For The First Time! / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plantain Fufu? by Leilah(f): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2008
Hey! do you guys eat plantain fufu? is it better than yam powder as in healthier and can you eat it with any soup?
Re: Plantain Fufu? by mohawkchic(f): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2008
~I tried Plantain Fufu in Ghana,i must admit i didnt like & prefer the Cassava Fufu & Pounded yam!!

Dunno which is more healthy thu . .  undecided as far as am aware, there are ceratain soups you eat with fufu  !! Okra~Grain Grain~Sawah~Bitter leaf~ Sharkpa to name a few,thu i doubt its the same soups for Naija Peeps undecided
Re: Plantain Fufu? by Gamine(f): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2008
Never heard of this undecided
Re: Plantain Fufu? by Mustay(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2008
is this plantain made as iyan yo talking about or made as amala?
Re: Plantain Fufu? by TheJoker1(m): 9:00am On Aug 04, 2008
Mustay:

is this plantain made as iyan yo talking about or made as amala?

I want to believe that like fufu a.k.a akpu,it should be made from the plantain flesh (inner "pulp"wink just like iyan and not from the skin (the outer covering) like in amala, yeah? Anyways wen me see am someday me must sample am as lover of good food.

Mustay yur sigi na baaba, it struck a chord deep inside and gats me thinking,lesson dey to be learnt from it.
Re: Plantain Fufu? by MrCrackles(m): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2008
Plantain Fufu?kilon jebe, kai
Re: Plantain Fufu? by ifyalways(f): 12:05am On Aug 05, 2008
lol
its the best fufu,the very best. kiss
Re: Plantain Fufu? by Moyola(f): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2008
I dont eat plantain fufu. . .

dependz on hw itz prepared u kan eat it with / without soup!!
Re: Plantain Fufu? by MrCrackles(m): 10:18am On Aug 05, 2008
ifyalways:

lol
its the best fufu,the very best. kiss

r u serious?

can u put a picture up please!
Re: Plantain Fufu? by ifyalways(f): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
lol i dont have any pic
the one i know of is called "futu" ie plaintain and cassava.plantian and cassava is peeled,sliced and boiled till its soft and pounded together. cheesy i guess is popular in ghana and Civ.One funny thing abt it is that it has to be prepared by both hubby and wife,the woman sits and turns the "fufu/futu" in the mortar while the hubby stands and pounds.division of labour.lol
Moyola:

I don't eat plantain fufu. . .

dependz on hw itz prepared u kan eat it with / without soup!!
shocked shocked shocked
u dont say,i tot all fufu/futu is taken with soup?am yet to see fufu without soup undecided
Plaintain fufu is taken with almost all types of sauce . . . grain,gravy,cassava leaf,Okro,light soup etc
Re: Plantain Fufu? by Moyola(f): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
ifyalways:

u don't say,i tot all fufu/futu is taken with soup?am yet to see fufu without soup undecided
Plaintain fufu is taken with almost all types of sauce . . . grain,gravy,cassava leaf,Okro,light soup etc

Yeah tru!!

buh knw of sum1 dat sumtymz eatz it wivout it !!!
Re: Plantain Fufu? by Mustay(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2008
The Joker:

I want to believe that like fufu a.k.a akpu,it should be made from the plantain flesh (inner "pulp"wink just like iyan and not from the skin (the outer covering) like in amala, yeah? Anyways when me see am someday me must sample am as lover of good food.

Mustay yur sigi na baaba, it struck a chord deep inside and gats me thinking,lesson dey to be learnt from it.

joker knows what am talking 'bout
Re: Plantain Fufu? by oghogho4: 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2008
ok, i see. actually what you call plantain fufu is actually plaintain amala. it is amala made from grounded sliced plaintain chips. its just lik d way yam ,cassava is dried and grounded to powder form, that how the plaintain (unripe) is sliced into chips,throughly dried then grinded into powder. u get some water heated in a pot ,wen its boiling, u pour some quantity of plantain powder into it and stir, continue adding the plaintain powder and stiring till you get d consistency you desire. what i know is that it is better than that of yam and cassava and as such, is more expensive in the market. afterall we know the price of a full bunch of plantain.
Re: Plantain Fufu? by AmakaOne(f): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2008
Plantain Fufu is eaten just like any other starch/ fufu type food I reckon?

Re: Plantain Fufu? by Leilah(f): 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2008
I did try it but I can sort of get that unripe plantain taste of it very slightly and that actually put me off my soup. Good texture though.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Fufu? by Mindfreak1: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2009
nice
Re: Plantain Fufu? by mohawkchic(f): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2009
~Aaaw that pic . . .Yum Yum!! cool
Re: Plantain Fufu? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:35am On Jan 04, 2009
Ummm. . . . .never had it before but i now have the recipe, will try it soonest too, cheesy
Re: Plantain Fufu? by teissys(f): 9:06am On Apr 29, 2009
My tribe's staple food is kimanga- A mixture of:
Pounded plantain and beans
Pounded yam and beans
Pounded cassava and beans, e.t.c
This is topped up with meat stew and milk tea. However, I love the plantain kimanga better grin grin grin
Gawd, I can even try the plantain fufu. . .
Re: Plantain Fufu? by dominique(f): 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
y'all are just luvin beans in Kenya. maybe i should move there cheesy wink

@topic
we stopped eating yam flour the moment we discovered plantain flour. i prepare it the way i normally make amala but it comes out lumpy at times. i wonder what i'm not doing right undecided
Re: Plantain Fufu? by chrisical(m): 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2009
plantain fufu grin grin
teissys:

My tribe's staple food is kimanga- A mixture of:
Pounded plantain and beans
Pounded yam and beans
Pounded cassava and beans, e.t.c
This is topped up with meat stew and milk tea. However, I love the plantain kimanga better grin grin grin
Gawd, I can even try the plantain fufu. . .
noting do you grin grin
Re: Plantain Fufu? by hotstuff06(f): 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
I like Plaintain Fufu. I get it in the powerdered form (blended plaintain and not the skin) and prepare like you would amala. Its called Instant Fufu. You can eat with any type of soup like okra or any vegetable soup.
Re: Plantain Fufu? by mamag3: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2009
I hate it.
Re: Plantain Fufu? by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
wont that be too much sugar?

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Cake Boxes ASAP / Current Price Of Bag Of Rice, Beans And Foodstuff In Nigeria. Month Of June / Disgusting Things Ever Found In Food.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.