Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,157 members, 7,973,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 10:22 AM

Dear Mr President - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Mr President (629 Views)

Dear Mr Seun! I Think We Really Need A Nairaland App / Given The Chance To Ask Mr President For Something What Will It Be / Breaking News: The Mother Of D Mr. President's Wife Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mr President by slimtriggaman: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
culled from facebook

Status Update
By Wisdom Ntoyo Joseph
Dear Mr. President,

I most respectfully state my disappointment at the shabby response you gave to the letter written to you by former president Olusegun Obasanjo. I read the reply wholly, with the hope that I would find some succor in the arms of a man entrusted with the security of lives and properties of the nation, at the end I saw an unrepentant and clueless reply centered largely on frivolous beatings around the bush.

Arguementum ad Hominem

Nigerians are not a bunch of daft people, we know leaders who have done well and those who have not. The platforms on which leaders are assessed cannot be totally the same. The election that brought you into office was not as popular and highly participated in as that that brought in OBJ, many of us never bothered to even participate in that election, little wonder why we are not keen on criticizing him. You had wider support, thus, the expectations are higher. You appealed more to begging the allegations by centering them on the personality of your accuser not the issues stated.

Like I said in my initial response, when Nigeria is being purged many leaders including OBJ may not be spared, so leave the comparison to the electorate, rather, you should have raised issues on what OBJ is currently doing to fuel insecurity, corruption and other vices he accused you off now, not what he did before, you were in a position to criticize him then as a deputy governor and governor, and you didn't, showing that either you were contented with his actions or didn't have the balls to do so, obviously because of your ambition. The ball is now in your court, you are the one in the glass house and I expect you to tackle issues, not individuals, Sir, you are the commander-in-chief of all armed forces both spiritual and physical, na you we know, na you we vote, not OBJ.

Arguementums ad misericordiam and ad populum

True, corruption was inherited by your government, but never has it come with such impunity. Do you know the pains you cost Nigerians when you freed Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha(DSP), a notorious political thief, a man who further disgraced the country by jumping bail in December 2005 from the United Kingdom by allegedly disguising himself as a woman? Do you know how Nigerians feel to know that Bode George's a former NNPC thief has been given as acquittal after serving jail term?

To my greatest dismay, you mentioned nothing about the corruption saga in the aviation sector against Stella Oduah. You did not vehemently deny training snipers, rather you expressed dismay that you heard the news from him. Meaning he wasn't suppose to know? You were quick to take the cover up of any political murder to be the handiwork of murderers taking advantage of OBJ's letter. More so, you wrote '...I have directed the security agencies and requested the National Human Rights Commission to carry out a thorough investigation of these criminal allegations and make their findings public'. Who and what are they investigating? Allegations you claim are false or you who claim to be innocent?

You did not address the escalated poverty rate in the country, rather you chose to hide under concocted figures that have no bearing on the well being of the common man. The surveillance and funding, etc for security, who were they for? Because the local police stations we see are as ill equipped as ever, crime is unabated and armed robbery is unrelenting, I mean in our local habod, from where we voted for you.

You did not mention subsidy you removed to enable you upgrade our 'moribund' refineries, which at 30% productivity was nearly more than enough, yet today they lie almost as dead as they were and as if to buttress your utmost disregard for the intellects of our country, you did not mention that the pains of 'subsidy removal', without meaningful palliatives was for nothing as your government has now put up those same refineries for sale. Now, every Jan. 1st and Oct. 1st we are scared of what next pain those women would ask you to inflict on us to improve the economy.

You failed to acknowledge that you have handled the crisis in the PDP so poorly that even you were scared of being booed in a house with PDP majority. You who was popularly voted for is now too unpopular to present the nation's budget, another bad precedence you have set, yet you blame it all on powerful men who seek to bring you down. What is more powerful than Mr. President sire? Nobody hates success, if South Africans could wish Mandela re election, yet he stepped aside, it shows that Nigerians detest your next term ambition because you are a failing president.

Your reply gives the impression that you are doing what we cannot and may never see, so, all we need to do is trust you while we are still alive, hoping that you are a better devil than OBJ. You gave us nothing to hinge our trust on, except pity for your weakness in the face of a storm greater than you.

With this reply I am now so certain that the burden of governance is too weighty for Mr. President, if indeed you approved this Reuben Abati child trick of a response then Nigerians are no more in need of you,

We want a president with zero tolerance for corrupt officials, we want a president who like the biblical sons of Issachar has an understanding of the times and know what to do and starts doing them, we want a president who is not a pun in the hands of his wife, allowing orders that bring ruins to a state be upheld, we want a president who stays more in the country to monitor the affairs of the country, not one who travels out at the slightest opportunity and sets up committees everyday, even to give a speech, we want a president who caters for the welfare of the poor and above all a president who is ready to put an end to
INSECURITY, CORRUPTION, POWER FAILURE and POOR FUNDING OF EDUCATION.

We want insurgency to be ameliorated to an insignificant level, We want all money launderers to go to jail for life or be hanged, we want constant national power and we want the educational sector to take its pride in our national.

Can you do this sire?

Mr. Wisdom Joseph
(dismaxman@gmail.com) @dismaxman

https://www.facebook.com/wisdom.n.joseph/posts/10201774884551292
Re: Dear Mr President by chibikeval: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hmmm...Nice write up. #confused!
Re: Dear Mr President by badmeat(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Tsk tsk!Bunkum,angry

(1) (Reply)

A Lady Next 2 Me @jamb Exam / What Did The Hacker(s) Hoped To Achieve??? ? / Do You Want To Live Healthy? Eat Walnuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.