Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:29 AM

Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely (1543 Views)

Mikel & Victor Moses Missed Out In Super Eagles Squad - See Full List / How United Missed Out On Vidal / Stars Who Missed Out On World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by bamidell(m): 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Everton star Ross Barkley could have been a
Nigerian Super Eagle!
The Scouser is nailed on to make England's
World Cup squad next summer.
However, before being capped by
Roy Hodgson earlier this year, Barkley
actually still qualified for Nigeria - thanks to
his Nigerian grandfather.

I just can't stop imagining that young lad playing for Nigeria, we would have been a phenomenal at the world cup, what I'm mostly worried about is an attacking midfielder, who sunday Mba is still my best choice for a long time... Barkley would have fits in perfectly into that place, Mikel my past hope is now a defensive midfielder which Chelsea have just make his attacking quality miserable

Source: www.tribalfootball.com/articles/nigeria-missed-out-capping-everton-star-barkley-3998400

Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by slimthugchimee(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
What a loss for Nigeria embarassed
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by yoji: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
The real question is would he have accepted our call up with England around the corner?
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by ednut1(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
there is ntin 9jerian bout him ok. he even changed his surname
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by safarigirl(f): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
ednut1: there is ntin 9jerian bout him ok. he even changed his surname
in that case, good riddance. No be say England make sense sef. They'll still crash out at group stage even if they cap every eligible player from London to Lagos to Laos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by adegwurulez(m): 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
loved his goal against swansea but make i ask una dis question o, na 100players the go world cup? you guys keep bringing new names everyday, please let the coach do his job

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by joseph1013: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
But it's not too late to cap him na. Shebi England has not capped him in a competitive match? Trust NFF, they will NEVER move fast. Bunch of lazy old men. Mtschewww...
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
joseph1013: But it's not too late to cap him na. Shebi England has not capped him in a competitive match? Trust NFF, they will NEVER move fast. Bunch of lazy old men. Mtschewww...
The guy's body language is leaning towards the Three Lions; and besides, unlike Ameobi and Agbonlahor, he has an 80% chance of making England's world cup squad.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by ednut1(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Everton wonder-kid Ross Barkley, who has caps for England youth teams, had
told the official website of The Toffees that he was eligible to represent
Nigeria.
Kickoffnigeria.com has been doing some digging on Barkley's claim, and
writes on its website that his eligibility comes through his father, Peter
Effanga, who resides in Liverpool and works at Getrag Ford Transmission
plant.
It is being reported that Ross Barkley is answering his mother's maiden name
because he does not have a cordial relationship with his dad.
Barkley, who is heralded as one of the brightest prospects in British football,
is contracted to Everton until 2016. D guy papA na half cast e. jst like giggs. ross effanga how many timez I call ur name. enjoy d media hype o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by PurpleHouse(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
adegwurulez: loved his goal against swansea but make i ask una dis question o, na 100players the go world cup? you guys keep bringing new names everyday, please let the coach do his job
Keshi is too Lazy to my Liking!
Which coach in the worls waits to be called by a player first? Even if that player is a gem?
I know i said i will not questtion his decisions anymore, but, com'on, this dude is too damn lazy for a Coach!!!!!
How many more players shall we miss out on? We are not saying call them every time, all am saying is use them for friendlies as a means of securing your future gems, if the somehow become one! Invite them officially and not on pages of news papers and interviews, invite every damn hot prospect eligible for Nigeria and pick out the Super gems from the lot!
Some One needs to write a Letter to Lady, Ooops, Lazy Keshi!
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by safarigirl(f): 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Keshi is too Lazy to my Liking!
Which coach in the worls waits to be called by a player first? Even if that player is a gem?
I know i said i will not questtion his decisions anymore, but, com'on, this dude is too damn lazy for a Coach!!!!!
How many more players shall we miss out on? We are not saying call them every time, all am saying is use them for friendlies as a means of securing your future gems, if the somehow become one! Invite them officially and not on pages of news papers and interviews, invite every damn hot prospect eligible for Nigeria and pick out the Super gems from the lot!
Some One needs to write a Letter to Lady, Ooops, Lazy Keshi!
do you think the Berkley guy would want to play for Nigeria? Why are you raving? Must Keshi call everybody that has Nigeria attached to his name? The guy went to ask Nedum, that one said no, he secured Moses and Ameobi. He's currently training a group of home-based players for CHAN, some of whom might make it to Brazil if they're good enough. Why should he run to Europe when he could just as well get talent on home soil? Is it because the home-based guys aren't in England playing in the EPL? How many Europeans were in our U-17 World Cup winning team? Why the fuq do you assume that Berkley is better than those home-based guys? In the end, only 23 men will make that list of the over 50 Keshi could choose from, you want us to do like England and cap hundreds of players in a year for just friendlies? Abeg park well jare
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by joseph1013: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
safarigirl: do you think the Berkley guy would want to play for Nigeria? Why are you raving? Must Keshi call everybody that has Nigeria attached to his name? The guy went to ask Nedum, that one said no, he secured Moses and Ameobi. He's currently training a group of home-based players for CHAN, some of whom might make it to Brazil if they're good enough. Why should he run to Europe when he could just as well get talent on home soil? Is it because the home-based guys aren't in England playing

For the records, it was not Keshi that appealed to Moses and Ameobi, it was Siasia that personally went to visit them at their clubs to pledge allegiance to Nigeria. He also went to Germany to see Sidney Sam (though the idiot eventually denied). Back then, Siasia made efforts to go scout for players that have huge potentials.

I agree with the former poster that Keshi should do more with these guys, but then again, it is actually the work of NFF to do such things.

We are losing alot of good players; Alaba, Barkley that have the potential of adding something to our national team.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by safarigirl(f): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
joseph1013:

For the records, it was not Keshi that appealed to Moses and Ameobi, it was Siasia that personally went to visit them at their clubs to pledge allegiance to Nigeria. He also went to Germany to see Sidney Sam (though the idiot eventually denied). Back then, Siasia made efforts to go scout for players that have huge potentials.

I agree with the former poster that Keshi should do more with these guys, but then again, it is actually the work of NFF to do such things.

We are losing alot of good players; Alaba, Barkley that have the potential of adding something to our national team.
so why is it always Keshi? Keshi this, Keshi that. KP Boateng is the only foreign player Ghana snatched from Europe and we all know his lacklustre attitude towards the team. You guys have 2, yet you want the entire Europe still. If these guys wanted to play for Nigeria so badly, they could as well come down to Nigeria and visit NFF, that's how to know someone who really wants to play. Nobody forced anybody to play for England, they did it because they want to. Better to manage our small boys that are eager to play for Nigeria than to go about chasing European big boys who will only play for us for lack of better option.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by joseph1013: 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
[quote author=safarigirl]so why is it always Keshi? Keshi this, Keshi that. KP Boateng is the only foreign player Ghana snatched from Europe and we all know his lacklustre attitude towards the team. You guys have 2, yet you want the entire Europe still. If these guys wanted to play for Nigeria so badly, they could as well come down to Nigeria and visit NFF, that's how to know someone who really wants to play. Nobody forced anybody to play for England, they did it because they want to. Better to manage our [\quote]

*smiles* Stop making your blood boil over nothing. Nairaland is just a forum, not a warzone. There's no need to rev yourself up.

See, it is not everyone that disagrees with you that hates you. Okay? Some even loves and breath football more than you.

*assuming you've calmed down a lil*

Look, we know the way these things work. You see a player that has a bright future, you claim him. It's happening in the corporate world, so there's no big deal about it.

The buck ultimately stops with Keshi, and we are here only giving our opinions. How I wish Keshi comes here to view our opinions, butI wont bet that he'd see my comment.

However, if Keshi see this, I would suggest that he provides serious competition for our players. Poach established players. There is no need testing players when there are already established ones. Experience in topflight football matters. Even the great Spanish team has poached the Brazilian Diego Costa. So you see it's not only Nigeria.

Barkley is better than anybody you can find in the home-based team. I CAN VOUCH THAT Iheanacho will be better in that attacking midfield in the future, but he doesnt have Ross' experience yet.

Keshi has a role to play, but like I said NFF is just too lazy. Recently I read that Agbpolahor was never approached by Nigeria. That's sad, because the reports we heard was that he was contaacted. We cant continue this kind of incompetent administration.

When something is wrong, let's voice it and not be blinded by unguarded patriotism.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by joseph1013: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
And did you say players should come down to Nigeria and visit NFF If they want to represent Nigeria? Seriously? Is that the way things are done? Not cool at all.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by Polio: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
He wouldn't have played for Nigeria anyway!
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by joseph1013: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Polio: He wouldn't have played for Nigeria anyway!

Maybe, and maybe not. We lose 100% of the shots we dont take.

The chap was asked which countries he was eligible for. He answered England and Nigeria.

So maybe he had Nigeria in mind. Maybe not. We May never know.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by safarigirl(f): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
joseph1013:

The chap was asked which countries he was eligible for. He answered England and Nigeria.

well I wish him luck with England. The English team is like that of CIV- individually talented, but they suck as a team. I wasn't vexing, and yes, it won't be bad to contact NFF if they're serious, after all there was that Obiora kid that came from US for U-17. Bottom line, we need dedication. I'm all for calling up that Leon Balogun guy, he sounds like he really wants that chance, that's what we want, not Berkley.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by Polio: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
joseph1013:

I am saying it because i know people close to Ross.. He never contemplated playing for Nigeria at all
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by joseph1013: 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
Polio:

I am saying it because i know people close to Ross.. He never contemplated playing for Nigeria at all

Now that we know (assumin you're feeding us with the right info), guess it's time to move on.

We'll survive without him. We have thus far.

Thanks bro for the clarification and doing it with good manners.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by PurpleHouse(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
Polio:

too bad for him then!
Well i still feel if we had made a move atleast just to be sure, things might have gone either way!
@SafariGirl, i SOooo much admire ur comitment here as a Die-hard sports Woman cheering the Eagles. I too do same! But i've since begun to get pissed of by SK snubbing players overseas eligible to play foe SE! Last season or so a certain Apkan at Reading was doing so well in the EPL and everytime he was interviewed, he pledged his future to Nigeria, even though he wasn't born here or visited. He was so passionate about it that he was almost begging to be invited! But what happened? Nothing!
What has happened to Ilori eversine? Has he been contacted at least for a try just to know whats on his mind? I'm not a fan of the Home-Based, we all know SK is an Agent and a Coach selling Players and avoiding already established prospects like Imoh, Olaitan, Ilori, Aneke, Otigba and host of them out there! U keep talking about not needing these guys, but do u know that "Probably" just one of these guys could solve our Problems For Some decades? Could become our messiah? Ooooh, u don't know that one player can change a game's outcome? Ask CR7, Ibra, Ruben, Ribery, Dzeko, Alaba, Messi, these guys carry their teams... There are many more names out there that can change an outcome of a game..... So, we need these guys, invite them, watch them closely, if he says yes and he comes to training, them good for us, at least he has the passion for d SE, BUT IF HE SAYS NO, atleast u stretched forth an IV to him, then u know whats in his mind!
But they do come, we are not saying use them all, all we saying is pick out then Super Gems from the lot and preserve them for when they'll be needed! Alaba was snaped at age 17, imagine that... Cuz they knew Nigeria would come calling when the whole world gets to know his qualities! Yet he was willing to Play for the Super Zilla Eagles.
I love Nigeria, they're my only team i can get BP for, not Cheksli. Hence, my feelings for our Team. If Keshi fails to invite these HOT Prospect Eligible to Play for Nigerria foe the World Cup Training Period, then he'll only be proving what many Nigerians have label him- A Business Man!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
PurpleHouse:
too bad for him then!
Well i still feel if we had made a move atleast just to be sure, things might have gone either way!
@SafariGirl, i SOooo much admire ur comitment here as a Die-hard sports Woman cheering the Eagles. I too do same! But i've since begun to get pissed of by SK snubbing players overseas eligible to play foe SE! Last season or so a certain Apkan at Reading was doing so well in the EPL and everytime he was interviewed, he pledged his future to Nigeria, even though he wasn't born here or visited. He was so passionate about it that he was almost begging to be invited! But what happened? Nothing!
What has happened to Ilori eversine? Has he been contacted at least for a try just to know whats on his mind? I'm not a fan of the Home-Based, we all know SK is an Agent and a Coach selling Players and avoiding already established prospects like Imoh, Olaitan, Ilori, Aneke, Otigba and host of them out there! U keep talking about not needing these guys, but do u know that "Probably" just one of these guys could solve our Problems For Some decades? Could become our messiah? Ooooh, u don't know that one player can change a game's outcome? Ask CR7, Ibra, Ruben, Ribery, Dzeko, Alaba, Messi, these guys carry their teams... There are many more names out there that can change an outcome of a game..... So, we need these guys, invite them, watch them closely, if he says yes and he comes to training, them good for us, at least he has the passion for d SE, BUT IF HE SAYS NO, atleast u stretched forth an IV to him, then u know whats in his mind!
But they do come, we are not saying use them all, all we saying is pick out then Super Gems from the lot and preserve them for when they'll be needed! Alaba was snaped at age 17, imagine that... Cuz they knew Nigeria would come calling when the whole world gets to know his qualities! Yet he was willing to Play for the Super Zilla Eagles.
I love Nigeria, they're my only team i can get BP for, not Cheksli. Hence, my feelings for our Team. If Keshi fails to invite these HOT Prospect Eligible to Play for Nigerria foe the World Cup Training Period, then he'll only be proving what many Nigerians have label him- A Business Man!
Like I said, I would love them to invite Tiago Ilori and Leon Balogun, we aren't really strong in defence so we may need them. If Keshi doesn't want to make the move, the NFF should, afterall they're the ones that will handle the entire process. I don't think Keshi is anti-established players cuz even if he wasn't the one that sought Moses, he has been using him a lot and made him a permanent member of the team, he also gave Dike an invite. NFF can present those guys to Keshi, they can train with the team, then he may decide to cap them or not. Keshi just seems like someone who likes to take his time, he may look slow, but he prefers that to making hasty decisions. He has a working team for now, and he's taking his time to choose the right people to strengthen that team. I don't support the 'cap em and keep em' mentality. It's like opening a tube of cream and using it once just so nobody else ever uses it. If we're going to cap them, we best be capping them to take them to the WC or AFCON or wherever else. Instead of doing like the English do, I hate that style.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by Polio: 5:33am On Dec 26, 2013
joseph1013:

Now that we know (assumin you're feeding us with the right info), guess it's time to move on.

We'll survive without him. We have thus far.

Thanks bro for the clarification and doing it with good manners.

No doubt.
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by Fernandinho: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2013
Barkely ko, Barkely ni..Abegii!! We have Mikel and Onazi in the middle of that park...
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by MaziOmenuko: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2013
That was how Anichebe was over-hyped until he got into the SE team and became a big flop. Ameobi was tending towards becoming another flop until his recent performance against Ethiopia @ calabar.

Not all these foreign-half-casted-quater-parentage lads do it better than what we already have.

Unless its for future purposes shaa.

#I still suport Osaze to be recalled!
Re: Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely by safarigirl(f): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: That was how Anichebe was over-hyped until he got into the SE team and became a big flop. Ameobi was tending towards becoming another flop until his recent performance against Ethiopia @ calabar.

Not all these foreign-half-casted-quater-parentage lads do it better than what we already have.

Unless its for future purposes shaa.

#I still suport Osaze to be recalled!
Ameobi played against Italy, not Ethiopia. #I'm still against Osaze's re-call

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Striker, Emmanuel Emenike To Join Chelsea In £15 Million Deal. / Pre-season Fixtures For Barclays Premierleague Clubs / Fotballers And Their Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.