Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! (1428 Views)

... / To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by jacq(f): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2008
I just hate it so much to hear some parents talk about some tribes their children are dating from or wants to get married to someone from there and they will start saying things like.

Na so so juju full that village and they only mùarry their own.
when you marry into that tribe who will never get pregnant bicos you cross the juju when dey the village.
That place is too far,his parents are witches/or dem dey fly for night.
, it get so lipsrsealed

My friend wants to marry someone from okoja (cross river) and her mum is saying the place is full of voodoo and witches.
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by MissyB1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2008
Lmao
Parents at tyms can be over protective.
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2008
I really hate it when some parents prevent or force their children to marry from certain tribes, too many superstitious people angry
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Ndipe(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2008
Is there any village in Nigeria that is 'not full of voodoo and witches'?
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 04, 2008
Hey, my mom wants me to go back home and marry from my town.

But who said I have to? lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 04, 2008
Ndipe:

Hehehehehe,
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by TOYOSI20(f): 4:39am On Aug 04, 2008
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Any time one finds him/herself in a postion where u have to

question whether or not u have to be with someone based on

where they come from, then I suggest they look else where, because true love as they say conquers all!!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by kufreabasi(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
[b]well, jacq, supposing i happen to fall in love with you that can lead to marriage and at the same time i know you ( love you) with all amount of sincererity, i can't look back no matter the what people will.Love with faith in christ can change things round. it all depend on individual belief. know that the fear of aids disease kills the victim but not Aids itself.
so if our love is so strong, then what stop us from marrying.cos what seems impossible to man is possible in God's eyes. Voodoo or witches is nothing[/b]
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2008
I thank God for one thing.My parents would b
never tell me that kind of crap.
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Queenisha: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
wait till you find Mr right
the nay saying may not be your parents but aunts and uncles will tell you stories of how they lived in kafanchan with people from that village
and how diabolical they were.
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Queenisha: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2008
Ndipe:

exactly
Is there any area that's devoid of juju practitioners
even some so called Christians will go to juju when push comes to shove to inquire from the oracles
Juju full everywhere.
Ogoja is just a town in Nigeria just like any other.

My great uncles married women from Ogoja and eket and they were beloved and exemplary women.
They are now gone but boy,could they cook?
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by jacq(f): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2008
ibkaye:

I really hate it when some parents prevent or force their children to marry from certain tribes, too many superstitious people angry

That is so true !
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Ndipe(m): 1:43am On Aug 05, 2008
Why am I not getting replies in my email?
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by tRoOE(f): 4:19am On Aug 05, 2008
Lmfao this topic reminds me of momsi grin grin
Oh lard she has list of states where her kids can not marry from, including last name starting with Ogun something or anything with Sho/So' grin grin.
My dad on the other hands does not care, as long you're happy with the person
When my mom finally accepted my husband to be, she went so far to investigate his family, gosh it so annoying. Her favorite Line is[b]"we are going to check it out" angry[/b]
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by HCH3COO: 4:22am On Aug 05, 2008
Omo Eko congrats o. womanhood don come be that. invite me to the wedding abeg.
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by Queenisha: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
omo eko when is the wedding ?
Re: Don't Marry In That Village Oh ! by ogodona(f): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2008
sometimes parents could be saying the realityabout some particular villages,not just only voodoo but also other barbaric things like infidelty,killing of spouse and so on cause an adage says that what an elder sees while sitting,a child can't see even when he climbs mount Kilmangero smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Second Husband Is So Rude,he Like To Do Groceries And Pay The Bill / Mom Arrested For Hiring Strippers For 16yr Old's Son's Birthday Party / People Insulted Me Over My Marriage With 9ice: Toni Payne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.