Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,740 members, 7,882,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Can One Do With Html - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Can One Do With Html (10977 Views)

Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / Help With Html/php Form Preview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can One Do With Html by zyzxx(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
pls can some1 explain to me,, what i can use jquery for?
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Without a good understanding of Javascript and some basic CSS? Not a whole lot buddy.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
2buff: Without a good understanding of Javascript and some basic CSS? Not a whole lot buddy.
Una no go kill person for this country. No wonder the country and continent is backward.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Me no even understand wetin the guy dey tok sef
Re: What Can One Do With Html by bug24(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ol boooy! See invasion!!!
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Radical007(f): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dhtml is just the addition of html javascript and css3 <se fini>
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Radical007(f): 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jquery is an approximation of javascript. Or you can call it code less do more (when compared to javascript). It is basically used to manouvre nodes in the "DOM" more efficiently than javascript. And makes your work faster. A code of about 20 can be done with jquery in 2 lines and even more effectively cos jquery is more cross-browser compliant than even javascript. With your knowledge of jquery you could even use jquery UI or jquery. Those two gan are another topic on their own

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Radical007(f): 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
With only html you are like someone whose only asset in job market is MS WORD. but html with it associated technologies then the sky is your limit cos there will be approximately no damn project you wont be able to do (cos am a living witness)
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Radical007(f): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
I see no reason why one should learn php, rails, coldfusion, aspx and it sorts like perl with the python aspect of this series cos it is TAUTOLOGY
Re: What Can One Do With Html by weefistar: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Helo how u doing how u doing wel my name is david am 21 years old i live in lagos wel am a computer science student but currently base in doing web development wel am here to tel dat if u are interested in designing ur own personal i mean ur own person website just like

nairaland..comm:#40000
eskimi..comm:#60000
facebook..comm:negociate
twitter..comm:negociate
e.t.c. And all kinds of website Kindly contact engr david on his etisalat line 09091756816 cal and ask for david hope to here from bye but if u are not interested dont cal me
Re: What Can One Do With Html by ficoram(m): 12:13am On Dec 30, 2013
Laryokeke:

I once programmed a compilation of ebooks in html, burnt it to an optical disk and sold it as a desktop application. the disc auto-ran once you inserted it and served its purpose effectively. this was done with HTML...using the disk as a server sort of.

I am also aware of a lot of chm files (compiled HTML) used mostly to program efficient e books with amazing abilities.

in conclusion; you can't use HTML (4) for writing 3,d games or creating another facebook but can it write a desktop application? yes.
i ll need ur assistance to help me convert some pdf files to chm(compiled html).we can negotiate on the cost.as chm files open better on my gadget
Re: What Can One Do With Html by amexi: 1:03am On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm shocked that people are listing desktop applications as things HTML can be used to create. How can you be going far for a simple question such as this.

@OP
HTML can be used to create the structure, look and feel of a website. It caters nfor the way a website will look generally and that's where it stops.

No. It does not stop there. You need to explore HTML5 !
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where in the op's post did he mention css and javascript. Some of you just like doing "i too know".

no mind dem jare, na so so ppl dey take fail
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 30, 2013
amexi:

No. It does not stop there. You need to explore HTML5 !

HTML not HTML5
one who does not know about HTML, how do you want him to understand 5
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 30, 2013
webdezzi:

HTML not HTML5
Maestro! Na you be this!
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Vstuffs(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2013
HTML is called hypertext markup language,and to my knowledge it is used mostly for adding or designing a web page or articles,from more info visit the thread on"learn web design live on nairaland for free"
Re: What Can One Do With Html by amexi: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
webdezzi:

HTML not HTML5

Html5 is just the latest HTML version/ standard!
Re: What Can One Do With Html by zyzxx(m): 10:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Radical007: Jquery is an approximation of javascript. Or you can call it code less do more (when compared to javascript). It is basically used to manouvre nodes in the "DOM" more efficiently than javascript. And makes your work faster. A code of about 20 can be done with jquery in 2 lines and even more effectively cos jquery is more cross-browser compliant than even javascript. With your knowledge of jquery you could even use jquery UI or jquery. Those two gan are another topic on their own
God bless u. i realy aprecaite dis explanation
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2014
This radical gan sef, your own don pass me even me even your oyinbo sef don pass me own,
Yeeeepa, my new year chicken don escape.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Rich4god(m): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
This is what I did with html... Help me assess it. Forget about the content, just check the color and the layout.

Re: What Can One Do With Html by peteremu(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
I have designed countless pages with html

check this one out www.naijainfobank.com

Mixture of java and mostly html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Upload Mysql Database To Server / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? / How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.