Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:16 AM

A New Oath For Public Office Holders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A New Oath For Public Office Holders (465 Views)

Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? / Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Oath For Public Office Holders by eucresta93: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
I was thinking how come public office holders go into office and barely scratch the surface of the mandate they swore to uphold and just walk freely out of office? then it hit me that it is because there are no consequences attached to the oath sworn by them before entering office;Their pledge goes like this: I so and so do plege to uphold....blah. ..blah so help me God and its over. how about we spice it up, this is what i propose a new clause which i term "THE CONSEQUENTIAL CLAUSE" should be added;It goes like this: I NAIJA MOVEMENT DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR BEFORE GOD(ALLAH) AND MAN AND BEFORE THE WALLS OF THE UNIVERSE(KARMA) , THAT IF I DO NOT DISCHARGE MY DUTIES TO THE BETS OF MY ABILITY OF WHICH I AM BESTOWED UPON THE MANTLE OF LEADERSHIP, MAY I LEAVE THIS SEAT A MISERABLE INDIVIDUAL AND MAY MY FAMILY NEVER SEE PEACE AS LONG AS THEY LIVE, AND SO SHALL IT BE AMEN!". Now lets see who dares take upon themselves the mantle of leadership. # NAIJAMOVEMENT Can this clause become a reality Nigerians. feel free to tag, share, repost and like our page.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1377831212473449&refid=52
Re: A New Oath For Public Office Holders by eucresta93: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Who What To Make Heaven / deleted / Dad Says Son Stopped Him From Killing Alleged Abuser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.