Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,382 members, 7,978,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:41 PM

December 25 And The Unnecessary Arguments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / December 25 And The Unnecessary Arguments (640 Views)

EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary / Nigerian Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram Exposed To Unnecessary Danger? (pic) / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

December 25 And The Unnecessary Arguments by UltraMedia(f): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2013
It is sad how often the devil places assignments in the hands of Christians and it is even more sad to see believers pursue these devil induced assignments with Zeal. It bothers me the way Christians spend much energy fighting and arguing on non essentials leaving the essentials. The debate of whether Dec 25 is the authentic birthday of our Lord Jesus Christ is a devil induced argument. What does it matter whether He was born on Dec 25 or not. Whatever, was born sha! Why are concerned about the actual date. Which is bigger, that He was born or the day He was born. I think the fact that He was born is the bigger issue. Why not concentrate on the bigger issue than arguments on the day He was born. My father was not sure of his actual birthday. His parents were stark illiterates so no record was made. My father chose a date based on the stories he heard from his parents and has since adopted that date more than 50 years ago. Today he is 73. Even if the date he chose is wrong, what has that removed from him. For those who argue that Christmas must not be celebrated, this is another misdirected argument. Personally, I see no big deal about birthdays but my wife does. We have different personalities so I just had to bend to accommodate my wife's opinion. We need to be more tolerant of other peoples opinion and idiosyncrasies. The argument that Christmas was devoted to Pagan worship is a waste of time. Sunday was equally devoted to worship of the sun god in ancient Greek. That wasn't the originally Sabbath but we have all accepted Sunday as a day of worship above the Saturday reccomended in the Bible. These are minors. Why placing undue attention on the minors. To me Christmas is not a big deal because I celebrate Jesus every day. But I am not going to join issues with those who wish to set aside a day to celebrate Him. There are better things to talk about...KSO
Re: December 25 And The Unnecessary Arguments by kasheemawo(m): 10:11am On Dec 26, 2013
see what pope said on Xmas

Re: December 25 And The Unnecessary Arguments by otipoju(m): 1:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
UltraMedia: It is sad how often the devil places assignments in the hands of Christians and it is even more sad to see believers pursue these devil induced assignments with Zeal. It bothers me the way Christians spend much energy fighting and arguing on non essentials leaving the essentials. The debate of whether Dec 25 is the authentic birthday of our Lord Jesus Christ is a devil induced argument. What does it matter whether He was born on Dec 25 or not. Whatever, was born sha! Why are concerned about the actual date. Which is bigger, that He was born or the day He was born. I think the fact that He was born is the bigger issue. Why not concentrate on the bigger issue than arguments on the day He was born. My father was not sure of his actual birthday. His parents were stark illiterates so no record was made. My father chose a date based on the stories he heard from his parents and has since adopted that date more than 50 years ago. Today he is 73. Even if the date he chose is wrong, what has that removed from him. For those who argue that Christmas must not be celebrated, this is another misdirected argument. Personally, I see no big deal about birthdays but my wife does. We have different personalities so I just had to bend to accommodate my wife's opinion. We need to be more tolerant of other peoples opinion and idiosyncrasies. The argument that Christmas was devoted to Pagan worship is a waste of time. Sunday was equally devoted to worship of the sun god in ancient Greek. That wasn't the originally Sabbath but we have all accepted Sunday as a day of worship above the Saturday reccomended in the Bible. These are minors. Why placing undue attention on the minors. To me Christmas is not a big deal because I celebrate Jesus every day. But I am not going to join issues with those who wish to set aside a day to celebrate Him. There are better things to talk about...KSO

God bless you my brother. We have the sam spirit. I don't go crazy over christmas cause everyday is my own christmas, but I will never condem people celebrating their saviour.
Considering that there were no birth certificates at those times, if christians have chosen one day to celebrate him, well and good. Merry christmas everybody.

(1) (Reply)

How Can PDP Turn Their Fortune Around In 2014? / I’ve No Personal Quarrel With Jonathan, Says Amaechi / Is Monday, 13th Public Holiday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.