Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,731 members, 7,889,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:06 AM

Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? (879 Views)

A Family Budget That Works - updated with spread sheet. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story / How To Run Family Budget With Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by skydeep(f): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
My hubby is planning on establishing a family budget as from 1st January, 2014 grin. Weird resolution for the year 2014 I guess cheesy.

He said there will be a certain amount of money to be budgeted monthly in every area of our lives. He allocated certain amount to Health, Education, Food and external affairs grin( Seriously, I am laughing right here). And he said if I want anything aside that, I should use my money grin.

The funny part is that he brought a pen and paper and ask me to sign as agreement grin. I told him tomorrow. Let me take that as a joke but what if he was serious grin, do you think it is a good idea? grin

He said he will comment on this thread and blast me grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by sunnydayasaba(m): 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yes oh, that's exactly the wisest thing to do, By Gods grace i should be getting married next yr, That's what am going to lay out for my wife, Cus without that, no meaning achievement can be accomplished. So abide by it so you can track ur expenses too.
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by Kanwulia: 12:26am On Dec 27, 2013
If you do not know how to budget your resources as a family. . .YOU ARE TOAST! kiss

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by Dannylux: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
He's a goal-getter.
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
It is not a good idea, it is a GREAT idea. Some people say if you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail. Money management is one of the most important things a couple should discuss. No amount of money is too much to be fully spent; and no amount is too small to have savings. While your hubby might be joking about the signature, but it is a great idea.

You need to know what you spend on and you will clearly see areas where you can save money. I will advice you to adhere to the budget as much as possible. Sure there will be a few excesses here and there but you will soon realise you are able to save more and plan better than you currently do.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Great idea
I wish I could do same

We are not strict budgeters
We only make sure to save about 18% of my monthly salary and 20% of his for retirement and pay our bills on time and our obligations
That's about it
There was a time I lived on a strict budget and I saved money,wish I could do it again
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by MMotimo: 3:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Yes, a budget is important
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by greatgod2012(f): 6:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Yes, it is good, but I must confess, adherence is difficult for me, most times, I don't meet up.

But as for hubby, he's very good at it.

All in all, it is a very good idea, I wish I can start doing it again with all seriousness. Unfortunately, I don't make new year resolutions, if not, I would have made it my No1 resolution, but God will help me.
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] A budget is very necessary. See it as a map that will lead you to financial freedom. As the adage says he who fails to plan plans to fail. So plan your finances so you don't fail in that department. Good day and God bless.
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by skydeep(f): 11:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks Guys cheesy. I think I am liking the idea. Already approved though grin
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by LerrieJohn(f): 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
A monthly family budget is really the best way to go. It's not easy for most of us to keep up in the long run...I try to but it's really hard not to go above budget plans...
Re: Do You Believe In Establishing A Family Budget? by drnoel: 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
wonderful idea, I also intend to implement the one I set up already.....

(1) (Reply)

Where Were You Born / New One / For Women Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.