Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,533 members, 7,972,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:11 PM

Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi (722 Views)

The Facts About Norsemen Kclub: Why Evans Bipi Is Not A Norseman. / Evans Bipi Calls Patience His Jesus On Earth / Evans Bipi Boasts About Beating-Up Chidi Loyd In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi by donphilopus: 12:57am On Dec 27, 2013
BY EGUFE YAFUGBORHI

PORT HARCOURT—Factional Speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly, RVHA, Evans Bipi, has denied reports of plot by him to impeach the state governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi.

*Governor, Rotimi Amaechi

Echoes of the planned impeachment became louder this week, following media reports that the visit of the First Lady, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan, to the state, was to intensify the impeachment process.

In a reaction in Port Harcourt, yesterday, Bipi said he had no reason to instigate impeachment procedingss against the governor.

He said: “What has the governor done that would prompt me to plan his impeachment? The only thing I want is for the governor to recognise me as the duly elected Speaker of the House.

”If he recognises that, I will also recognise him as my governor and both of us can continue to work together to move the state to enviable heights.”

He explain that Dame Jonathan had the right to visit her home state, adding that “it is a disservice to the First Lady for anybody to associate her with impeachment of the governor when in reality there is nothing like that.”

Bipi, who leads the anti-Amaechi minority in the House, further said he was yet to be served any invitation by Police Command in Rivers State to sign any undertaking to be of good conduct as the Pro-Amaechi lawmakers had done.

He contended that it was important for the House Speaker, Otelemaba Dan Amachree’s camp to sign the peace agreement because “they are the real trouble makers.

“Whenever they serve me, I will go with my group and sign the papers for them. I have not been served. Maybe the Police know those who are the real trouble makers.”

On the court order barring him from parading himself as Speaker, Bipi argued that the Ahoada court from where the order was obtained, did not have any jurisdiction over the Assembly, adding that he had also not been served with the said order.

He hoped that when every security matter was settled and the pro-Amaechi lawmakers were ready to abide by the rules of the House, the House would be reconvened.

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE
Re: Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi by KenJak(m): 1:10am On Dec 27, 2013
Ok
Re: Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi by donphilopus: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Bipi is just a bloody joker; he's not constitutionally recognized as the speaker! So even if he does any rubbish, it won't be acknowledged.
Re: Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi by sonyjacobs(m): 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
Please somebody should call this Evans Bipi to order angry
Re: Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi by donphilopus: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
sonyjacobs: Please somebody should call this Evans Bipi to order angry
The guy knows nothing!
Re: Rivers Factional Speaker Evans Bipi Denies Plot To Impeach Amaechi by EVANSBIPI: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Evans Bipi and his co travellers are afraid to do the OBJ's style. Democracy is more real now than in 2007. If u do anyhow, u see anyhow. If Evans Bipi and his colleagues what to Iimpeach Amaechi, they shud find a way and get majority.

(1) (Reply)

Failure To Implement UNEP Report, Part Of Why I Leftpdp– Amaechi / How Men In Uniform Boldly Abducted Lady Walking With Mum In Lagos / Nasir El-rufai Loses Son In Ghastly Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.